HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jeff Halpern

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2009, 05:54 PM
  #1
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 34,228
vCash: 500
Jeff Halpern

He is signed for 2 mil this year and next year. What would Tampa be looking for in a trade?

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 05:55 PM
  #2
Alex28*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
He is signed for 2 mil this year and next year. What would Tampa be looking for in a trade?
He can't fetch anything more useful to Tampa than he is.

Alex28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 05:59 PM
  #3
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 34,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex28 View Post
He can't fetch anything more useful to Tampa than he is.
i would think picks/prospects would be more useful to a bottom feeding team...

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 06:02 PM
  #4
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus
 
Zubrus Coffee Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cobourg, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,387
vCash: 500
i haven't seen much of halpern, so what is his role?

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 06:02 PM
  #5
JorgeRocks!
Registered User
 
JorgeRocks!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,445
vCash: 500
Is not a top 6 forward, so calgary has no real interest

JorgeRocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 06:08 PM
  #6
bassassin
Registered User
 
bassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: England
Country: England
Posts: 5,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
i would think picks/prospects would be more useful to a bottom feeding team...
Oh is this the same bottom feeding team that without half its dmen (Ranger, Smaby and Heward are all out the 1,4 and 6 dmen) still managed to beat Buffalo last night, and who are currently on a 9-5-1 streak, only 9 points out of 8th with a game in hand.

So yeah picks/prospects arent useful, Halpern is a great leader, good on the pk and faceoffs. He is currently playing as second line centre and it is no coincidence that the turnaround started just a couple of games after Halpern came back from his injury.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 06:11 PM
  #7
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Halpern rules, I always wanted to see him in New York. Jewish Power! Yeah!

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 06:14 PM
  #8
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 34,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
Oh is this the same bottom feeding team that without half its dmen (Ranger, Smaby and Heward are all out the 1,4 and 6 dmen) still managed to beat Buffalo last night, and who are currently on a 9-5-1 streak, only 9 points out of 8th with a game in hand.

So yeah picks/prospects arent useful, Halpern is a great leader, good on the pk and faceoffs. He is currently playing as second line centre and it is no coincidence that the turnaround started just a couple of games after Halpern came back from his injury.
9-5-1 is a great run for TB....But there are still only 3 teams with less points in the entire league. so by definition, they are a bottom tier team right now. i meant no offense.

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 06:14 PM
  #9
smon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
Oh is this the same bottom feeding team that without half its dmen (Ranger, Smaby and Heward are all out the 1,4 and 6 dmen) still managed to beat Buffalo last night, and who are currently on a 9-5-1 streak, only 9 points out of 8th with a game in hand.
Don't play those silly games with numbers. Even the Senators are only 12 pts out of 8th.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.