HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Heatley to LA

Old
01-22-2009, 03:06 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laoghaire View Post
If by that you mean they couldn't afford to resign Redden and wouldn't out bid the 7 year offer Campbell got from the Hawks then yes it has cost them defence.
It started with Chara.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 03:17 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Kopitar, at least

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 03:35 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asquaredx2 View Post
Assets you probably don't want to give up.

Hickey, Frolov and Teubert aren't of much interest to me.
Absolutely. I'm surprised it took that many posts for someone to say this.

Doughty would be the start of talks. You don't have to like it, you just have to be realistic about who we're taking about here. This isn't some player, this is the 3rd highest goal-scorer post lockout.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 03:37 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
It's nothing against the line, it's just that their combined cap hits have handcuffed the Sens financially, and cost them depth, and defense.
It's coming for you. Teubert, Hickey, JJ, Doubty, Quincey, Kopitar, Brown...you get the idea.

Good luck with that.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 03:59 PM
willie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504Heater View Post
Absolutely. I'm surprised it took that many posts for someone to say this.

Doughty would be the start of talks. You don't have to like it, you just have to be realistic about who we're taking about here. This isn't some player, this is the 3rd highest goal-scorer post lockout.
And obviously LA wouldn't even consider it. Doughty has 2 more years on an elc and is already logging nearly ~25 minutes a night. And doing it very, very well, I might add. Considering elite defensemen are scarcer than elite wingers, I would suggest Ottawa would be making a mistake not to trade Heatley straight up for Doughty. (if it was on the table) Let alone LA adding to the deal.

Doughty isn't some player, this is the most impressive 19 year defenseman to come into the NHL in a long time.

willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 04:40 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
uuhmmm JJ is going nowhere he is a coreplayer for Lombardi and he said a lot times he will see him as a franchise defenseman in L.A.
Dunno if I agree. I could see Doughty laying claim to the #1 spot and Hickey isn't too shabby to fill in behind. Add Tuebert as the big stay at home guy and throw in Greene and you've got a pretty well rounded top 4.

Quote:
For me, they can keep Heatley because the price is simply to high.
Our youth core is here and we can add a Star UFA if we need one for free.
It's not needed to give another Team the future back.
Here I do agree. No need for LA to make any moves right now. During the offseason they really should try to grab a couple vets and a goalie. They could be among the top teams in the league next year much the way Chicago and Washington are this year and Pitt was last year. If they don't and choose to keep their cap low, if I were a fan I'd start cheering for the Ducks because their ownership is just being greedy and don't care about winning.

However, for fun, Heatly and Kopitar together would be a force to be reckoned with so Heatly for Frolov, JJ, and a 1st. Gives Ottawa an offensive defenseman they need as well as Frolov who could play with Vermette on a 2nd line which could help with secondary scoring. All the while adding a 1st rounder to boot.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 05:03 PM
Yelnats Puc
Brust 'em up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willie View Post
And obviously LA wouldn't even consider it.
Exactly.

Thus, Heatley is not going to LA.

Yelnats Puc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 05:08 PM
devilinto

Except the Sens are going now where but down.

The kings are going nowhere but up.

You guys have to make a deal way more then the Kings do. We have all the assests needed to PICK UP A BIG NAME PLAYER

devilinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 05:12 PM
Yelnats Puc
Brust 'em up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGSFANINTO View Post
Except the Sens are going now where but down.

The kings are going nowhere but up.

You guys have to make a deal way more then the Kings do. We have all the assests needed to PICK UP A BIG NAME PLAYER
They don't "need" to make a deal, even if they did, they don't need to trade Heatley.

You say you have "all the assets" to get a big name player, then offer them.

Old
01-22-2009, 05:36 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504Heater View Post
It's coming for you. Teubert, Hickey, JJ, Doubty, Quincey, Kopitar, Brown...you get the idea.

Good luck with that.
Agreed. It's going to happen to Boston this summer as well. This is what fans are going to have to realize.

The idea that you can build a team by drafting a lot of really high prospects, let them grow and learn together until they are contenders, then ride the waves of their collective careers for a dynasty is fantasy. Teams just aren't going to be able to keep all of those contracts together, and having a bunch of young players is great when they are on their first contracts, but when they all start to get to RFA and are due pay raises the same year... look out.

Plus one mistake with a contract will absolutely cripple you, and if you think your GM (and I mean the generic "you") is too smart to ever give the wrong guy a big raise, or sign the wrong UFA, then you are wrong.

Also, with offer sheets, all it takes is for 1 GM to offer your guy a ludicrous offer sheet and there goes your cap.

Dr Quincy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 06:11 PM
FlapJackKing
Ottawa Senators

Quote:
uuhmmm JJ is going nowhere he is a coreplayer for Lombardi and he said a lot times he will see him as a franchise defenseman in L.A.

For me, they can keep Heatley because the price is simply to high.
Our youth core is here and we can add a Star UFA if we need one for free.
It's not needed to give another Team the future back.
The problem with this line of thinking (I hear the same from Columbus fans) is that you won't win with just youth. You need a good blend of youth and experience and Heatley gives you that experience. Look at any team that has won the cup in the last decade and you will the blend that I am talking about.

FlapJackKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 06:22 PM
Laoghaire

Quote:
It started with Chara.
Exactly, when Spezza and Heatley were being paid 4.5 million and Chara was willing to sign for 6.5 It has nothing to do with the contracts and everything to do with Muckler making terrible decisions. Without Gerber's contract the Sens will have 7 million in cap space.

Laoghaire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 06:48 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laoghaire View Post
Exactly, when Spezza and Heatley were being paid 4.5 million and Chara was willing to sign for 6.5 It has nothing to do with the contracts and everything to do with Muckler making terrible decisions. Without Gerber's contract the Sens will have 7 million in cap space.

Right it was a horrible decision. He made the decision before that to keep Heatley and Spezza, that's why there was no money for Chara, otherwise, Chara would have signed.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 06:52 PM
Yelnats Puc
Brust 'em up!

Quote:
Right it was a horrible decision. He made the decision before that to keep Heatley and Spezza, that's why there was no money for Chara, otherwise, Chara would have signed.
So Spezza and Heatley at 4.5 million each is a terrible decision?

Old
01-22-2009, 07:07 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewT View Post
Kopitar, 1st, Hickey
jeeeeeeezzzzzzz............

you guys are lucky, a Kings guy opened that post...
that keeps me away from a counter offer...

Basically i don't see the point of you guys.

You ask for a Starplayer, a top 5 Pick and a potential future franchise defender.........
And you will give up a Starplayer ???????

Please tell me what idea is behind proposals like that.

By the way we don't Heatley, just because his value is still to high and we won't touch our young core

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 07:11 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwikWit View Post
The problem with this line of thinking (I hear the same from Columbus fans) is that you won't win with just youth. You need a good blend of youth and experience and Heatley gives you that experience. Look at any team that has won the cup in the last decade and you will the blend that I am talking about.
Yeah....... kind of right........
But what is the point to put a mentor to the youth, if we trade away the youth ????
So, we just have the Mentors back.

We are now in a position that our youth has a boatload of talent and the starplayers knock on our door, like Gaborik.

I wouldn't be too suprised to see a nice UFA signing in the offseason.
That scenario gives me the thinking of not trading away any youth.
Our Veterans are crap and will have absolutely no trade value, so the Kings are right now a bad trade partner

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Yelnats Puc
Brust 'em up!

Quote:
jeeeeeeezzzzzzz............

you guys are lucky, a Kings guy opened that post...
that keeps me away from a counter offer...

Basically i don't see the point of you guys.

You ask for a Starplayer, a top 5 Pick and a potential future franchise defender.........
And you will give up a Starplayer ???????

Please tell me what idea is behind proposals like that.

By the way we don't Heatley, just because his value is still to high and we won't touch our young core
You just don't get it, do you?

A KINGS fan started this thread, asking what people felt it would take to get Heatley.

Ottawa does not want to trade Heatley. So it will take an overpayment to get him. Following me so far?

Ottawa is not going to give away their leading scorer, you will have to force Ottawa to trade him by making an offer they can't refuse.

Also, you can't just create arbitrary catagories of players and base their value off that. Heatley and Kopitar are not both "Star players" with the same trade value, they are both players with different value. Heatley is quite simply a better player than Kopitar.

That is the idea behind those proposals.

Old
01-22-2009, 07:24 PM
source

Kopitar, O'Sullivan, Hickey, 1st.

We have no good reason to trade Heatley so we would need a return like this to do it.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 07:26 PM
source

Quote:
The money went to Redden.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Martyros
Allow me to retort

La is not in such a position to commit to a trade for Heatley. we can barely score goals, so we're gonna trade Frolov, O'sullivan, Jack Johnson for Heatley? Ottawa has every right to ask for Kopitar or Doughty, and obviously the kings don't get ANYWHERE near that.

Martyros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 09:05 PM
Polansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingjordan View Post
Kopitar, top 10 pick and Hickey (#4 overall pick) just for Heatley are you kidding me.

Gretzky got traded for a lot less than than.
Really?

Do you know anything about Jimmy Carson? Before you post you might want to check that out 55 goals as a 20 year old.

Add to him 15 million. Kinda a lot when whole teams salaries were around 15 million.

Then 3 first round picks.

Martin Gelinas was a pretty good prospect back then as well.

Polansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 09:19 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Wrong. Ottawa chose Redden over Chara.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Andy

Patty O
Frolov
Hickey
1st round draft pick

That would be enough IMO

Ottawa won't go anywhere unless they start getting rid 2 of the 3. You get a good 2nd line player for some depth and a potentially great d and another high draft pick.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 09:59 PM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

Frolov, O'sullivan and either 1st round draft pick or hickey?

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 10:15 PM
Urkie

Quote:
Don't make assumptions. Muckler made the decision to choose Redden over Chara. Had Reds wanted a long term deal, I'm sure Muckler would have given it to him. Now that we know what we know, I'm glad he didn't get a long term deal.

You see the predicament here though don't you? It's a predicament that Detroit is about to run in to. Having to make the decision on who they will keep and who they will let go. I don't think it will hurt them as much because they have drafted so well over the years. The real reason Ottawa has fallen is bad drafting, not because they decided to keep Spezza and Heatley.

Urkie is offline   Reply With Quote