HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto's Available Players

Old
01-23-2009, 03:03 PM
shaolinson
Bim Jenning

vCash: 500
what would it take to get antropov?

to VAN

shaolinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddbertuzzi712 View Post
Then why has he played only 36 of the team's 47 games. I don't recall him being injured, so why has he missed close to 25% of the team's games?
The Majority of them were at the start of the year. He's playing 26-28 minutes a night right now.

Jeffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 03:29 PM
BlueForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnychiba View Post

to VAN
Since speculation is going around that Kaberle, Kubina, and Antropov should be able to garner a 1st round pick you would need to start there. Nagy went for a 1st and 3rd at last years deadline. I would say that they are compareable and some would debate that Antropov is better. Kaberle is going to go for a 1st, top prospect, and young NHLer.

I would be willing to make a deal around both Kaberle and Antropov to Vancouver.

How about:

Kaberle, Antropov

for

Raymond, Hodgsson, 1st '09, 3rd in '09, 2nd '10

Kaberle = Hodgsson, 1st '09, 2nd '10
Antropov= Raymond, 3rd '09

BlueForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 03:33 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I'd like to see the Rangers consider Antropov. I think he could work well with Gomez, we need a forward with some size on the wing. As much as I like Voros, we need one much more consistant than that and one that can score goals.

Any ideas on what the Leafs would want off the Rangers roster?

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 03:35 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueForever View Post
Since speculation is going around that Kaberle, Kubina, and Antropov should be able to garner a 1st round pick you would need to start there. Nagy went for a 1st and 3rd at last years deadline. I would say that they are compareable and some would debate that Antropov is better. Kaberle is going to go for a 1st, top prospect, and young NHLer.

I would be willing to make a deal around both Kaberle and Antropov to Vancouver.

How about:

Kaberle, Antropov

for

wow, why didnt you just ask for bobby lou while youre at it

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 05:48 PM
hockeylover007

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I'd like to see the Rangers consider Antropov. I think he could work well with Gomez, we need a forward with some size on the wing. As much as I like Voros, we need one much more consistant than that and one that can score goals.

Any ideas on what the Leafs would want off the Rangers roster?
Korpikoski + 1st
or
Dawes + Anisimov/Grachev
or
Callahan + Del Zotto

hockeylover007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueForever View Post

How about:

Kaberle, Antropov

for

Can't see the Canucks moving Hodgson. Top 10 picks are very rarely moved less than a year after they were drafted.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 06:22 PM
middletoe
Why am I me?

I think Hagman might get traded, because I think his value is high.

middletoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 07:05 PM
IBLeaf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by middletoe View Post
I think Hagman might get traded, because I think his value is high.
NTC this season.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 10:49 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
LOLLLL. Moore being able to secure second line minutes on the Leafs team tells you just how much the Leafs SUCKKK! Moore is a marginal 4th line player, yyet in TO, he is playing in all situations, wears the "A", and is sometimes even relied on as the go-to guy.

BRUTAL!
I wouldn't jump the gun there too much. Your Nucks are looking worse by the game. Enjoying Mats and the winning attitude he brings. LOL

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 11:51 PM
Cappo40*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosh Pit View Post
NTC this season.
I'd rather keep him and not make him move it anyways...I like Hagman, tough gritty forward and is my type of player

Cappo40* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 11:54 PM
Acekicker123

Quote:

to VAN
Probably a 1st rounder straight up.

Acekicker123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 02:11 AM
Malakian#13

Send a message via Yahoo to Malakian#13
I'll throw out some ideas on some of the players mentioned for the Kings. if they are buyers maybe something can be worked out.

To La: Tomas Kaberle
To Tor: Thomas Hickey or 2009 1st round pick, Ted Purcell, Tom Priessing.

Kaberle is one of the top offensive defenseman in the league. Hickey - Schenn would be a great pairing for the future, there play styles really complement each other well.. or Toronto could take the first in the 7-17 range and use it as a key asset to maybe move up a spot or two and draft Tavares. Purcell is still a good looking prospect who as produced good numbers at every level when given the ice time. Priessing is signed to a decent contract for two more seasons and would help the leafs powerplay.

To La: Vesa Toskala
To Tor: Jeff Zatkoff, Calgary 2009 2nd round pick

I can see Dean Lombardi going after Toskala if he is not completely convinced that Quick or Ersberg is ready to carry a team in the playoffs. Lombari is always talking about how he developed Nabakov, Kipprusoff & Toskala in San Jose and he would probably be more comfortable with Toskala. Zatkoff is a good looking goalie prospect who may be every bit as good as Bernier & Quick. the 2nd round pick is a 2nd round pick & we know what Brian Burke will probably do with that at the draft.

To La: Nik Antropov
To Tor: Brian Boyle, Alec Martinez

Antropov would help La's scoring lines. Boyle is simular to Antropov but has the potential to develop more of a mean streak. Martinez is a good looking young defenseman but is buried on the depth chart.

or

To LA: Kaberle, Toskala, Antropov
To Tor: Hickey/09 1st, Purcell, Boyle, Priessing, Martinez, Zatkoff, Cal 2nd

just for the hell of it if all that happened

Frolov - Kopitar - Antropov
Moller - Stoll - Brown
O'Sullivan - Handzus - Simmonds
Ivanans - Armstrong - Calder

Zeiler

Kaberle - Greene
O'Donnell - Doughty
Johnson - Quincey

Gauthier, Harrold (D/W)

Toskala
Ersberg

Quick down to Manchester until next year.

Malakian#13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 02:13 AM
FruityPants3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
Considering there are so many Leafs trade proposals on the boards, I thought it would be fun to list each guy you think will be traded and what Burke gets for them.
So basically, more of the same **** that's been cluttering this forum for 2 months.

FruityPants3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 05:04 AM
VIRUS227

Quote:

to VAN
Antropov & Kaberle to Van

Sedin twins + salary dump to Toronto

VIRUS227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 07:06 AM
Baldo Ronaldo

Well, since the question is not about value per se and rather about what we think Burke will end up getting if in fact they are traded, here are my thoughts which will obviously command significant flaming as per value because it is unheard of for teams to overpay at the deadline or at the draft and it is not like prospects and picks are vastly overrated here:

Kaberle - will command an A level prospect (one of any team's top two) and a B/B+ young roster player, and a non-first from a later year (i.e. Hodgson + Grabner; JVR + Parent; Hanzal + McLean + 2nd 2009; Pacioretty + Subban + 2nd 2009; Backlund + Boyd)

Kubina - later 1st rounder (20-25) + B/B+ level prospect (i.e. Carolina 1st + Sutter, Minnesota 1st + Gillies, Washington 1st + Gustafsson)

Antropov - similar to Kubina although perhaps later 1st or two B level prospect/young roster players or a B+ prospect + salary dump (i.e Lashoff + Sturm; Goligoski + Pesonen or 2nd or Caputi)

Ponikarovsky - likely a LATE 1st (like last in round) or 2nd or a project prospect that hasn't really worked out so far in his surroundings (I don't think he will be traded so I'm not putting much thought into this one)

Toskala - 2nd rounder + project prospect (again, I don't see him going anywhere despite the fact that Burke has said he has been offered as much)

Baldo Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 08:42 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldo Ronaldo View Post
Well, since the question is not about value per se and rather about what we think Burke will end up getting if in fact they are traded, here are my thoughts which will obviously command significant flaming as per value because it is unheard of for teams to overpay at the deadline or at the draft and it is not like prospects and picks are vastly overrated here:

I have no problem with that. If you are a seller, it's not only your job to get as much as possible, but to exploit your fellow GMs weaknesses and rip them off. If you think another guy's job is on the line...exploit it. If you think a guy believes your guy is the missing piece...hold it over his head. It's Burke's job to maximize his return.

We call it overpayment.

TaketheCannoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 08:44 AM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakian#13 View Post
I'll throw out some ideas on some of the players mentioned for the Kings. if they are buyers maybe something can be worked out.

To La: Tomas Kaberle
To Tor: Thomas Hickey or 2009 1st round pick, Ted Purcell, Tom Priessing.

Kaberle is one of the top offensive defenseman in the league. Hickey - Schenn would be a great pairing for the future, there play styles really complement each other well.. or Toronto could take the first in the 7-17 range and use it as a key asset to maybe move up a spot or two and draft Tavares. Purcell is still a good looking prospect who as produced good numbers at every level when given the ice time. Priessing is signed to a decent contract for two more seasons and would help the leafs powerplay.

To La: Vesa Toskala
To Tor: Jeff Zatkoff, Calgary 2009 2nd round pick

I can see Dean Lombardi going after Toskala if he is not completely convinced that Quick or Ersberg is ready to carry a team in the playoffs. Lombari is always talking about how he developed Nabakov, Kipprusoff & Toskala in San Jose and he would probably be more comfortable with Toskala. Zatkoff is a good looking goalie prospect who may be every bit as good as Bernier & Quick. the 2nd round pick is a 2nd round pick & we know what Brian Burke will probably do with that at the draft.

To La: Nik Antropov
To Tor: Brian Boyle, Alec Martinez

Antropov would help La's scoring lines. Boyle is simular to Antropov but has the potential to develop more of a mean streak. Martinez is a good looking young defenseman but is buried on the depth chart.

or

To LA: Kaberle, Toskala, Antropov
To Tor: Hickey/09 1st, Purcell, Boyle, Priessing, Martinez, Zatkoff, Cal 2nd

just for the hell of it if all that happened

Frolov - Kopitar - Antropov
Moller - Stoll - Brown
O'Sullivan - Handzus - Simmonds
Ivanans - Armstrong - Calder

Zeiler

Kaberle - Greene
O'Donnell - Doughty
Johnson - Quincey

Gauthier, Harrold (D/W)

Toskala
Ersberg

Quick down to Manchester until next year.
I'd be happy with all of those deals from the leafs POV.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Leafsman

Quote:
LOLLLL. Moore being able to secure second line minutes on the Leafs team tells you just how much the Leafs SUCKKK! Moore is a marginal 4th line player, yyet in TO, he is playing in all situations, wears the "A", and is sometimes even relied on as the go-to guy.

BRUTAL!

I hope every GM in the league feels the same way you do because I would be more than happy if Moore stayed right where he is. Moore may not be top in scoring but he is a great character player that gives it his all game in and game out and would be my first choice for Captain. So please feel free to share your thoughts on Moore to everyone as most of us in Toronto know exactly how valuable Moore is to this team!

Leafsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 10:17 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Kaberle for Grabner, Pyatt, 1st

Grabner is a top prospect, 1 1st likely to be in the top 20, and a salary dump.
What a joke. I'd give you Kubina for that.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 10:20 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
I'd be happy with all of those deals from the leafs POV.
I would not be happy with any of those deal involving Kaberle.

A 1st rounder or Hickey? How bout a first rounder and Hickey.

You can keep Priessing, have absolutely no interest in him, not even as a salary dump. The Kings could deal him elsewhere. You can also keep Purcell. A great AHL player but an average NHLer.

A deal revolving around Hickey and a 1st is fine but the Kings would have to throw something else in. I could see interest in Boyle.

Old
01-24-2009, 10:22 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldo Ronaldo View Post

Kaberle - will command an A level prospect (one of any team's top two) and a B/B+ young roster player, and a non-first from a later year (i.e. Hodgson + Grabner; JVR + Parent; Hanzal + McLean + 2nd 2009; Pacioretty + Subban + 2nd 2009; Backlund + Boyd)

Kubina - later 1st rounder (20-25) + B/B+ level prospect (i.e. Carolina 1st + Sutter, Minnesota 1st + Gillies, Washington 1st + Gustafsson)

Antropov - similar to Kubina although perhaps later 1st or two B level prospect/young roster players or a B+ prospect + salary dump (i.e Lashoff + Sturm; Goligoski + Pesonen or 2nd or Caputi)

Ponikarovsky - likely a LATE 1st (like last in round) or 2nd or a project prospect that hasn't really worked out so far in his surroundings (I don't think he will be traded so I'm not putting much thought into this one)

Toskala - 2nd rounder + project prospect (again, I don't see him going anywhere despite the fact that Burke has said he has been offered as much)
Wow.....I wish the other GM's thought like you did. Burke woud have a great deadline day.

Old
01-24-2009, 10:24 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylover007 View Post
Korpikoski + 1st
or
Dawes + Anisimov/Grachev
or
Callahan + Del Zotto
I would take any of those deals.

Would love to add a Callahan, Grachev or Anisimov but unfortuantely Sather could care less about what I want.

Old
01-24-2009, 02:32 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
I would not be happy with any of those deal involving Kaberle.

A 1st rounder or Hickey? How bout a first rounder and Hickey.

You can keep Priessing, have absolutely no interest in him, not even as a salary dump. The Kings could deal him elsewhere. You can also keep Purcell. A great AHL player but an average NHLer.

A deal revolving around Hickey and a 1st is fine but the Kings would have to throw something else in. I could see interest in Boyle.
I don't agree. Purcell is a very good prospect with some real size, and Seidenberg fills a spot on the blueline. Hickey was a #4 pick, albeit an unexpected one. I'd take either him or the pick, no big deal either way. This is a fair deal in my mind.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 02:33 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaded13 View Post
Antropov & Kaberle to Van

Sedin twins + salary dump to Toronto
New contender for worst proposal ever

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote