HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade proposals I have read about - thoughts?

Old
01-23-2009, 07:33 PM
BBKers

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Trade proposals I have read about - thoughts?

Hi there during our annual All Star Break!
Here are some questions to my fellow New York Ranger supporters and to the HF Boards “experts” in general.
I have been quite ill for a while – but am on a steady road to recovery. I have – while in bed - been looking through the plethora of websites found everywhere in cyberspace and seen so much crazy stuff. Maybe I have just had too much time on my hands, but these are some of the proposed deals I have seen. Please note -these are NOT MY PROPOSALS.

Are any of these deals I have been reading about mentioned below even remotely possible?

First off - would any team other NHL team actually take any these deals as stated below?

S Gomez, N Dawes, B Sanguinetti (or MDZ), D Byers, 1st 2009, 2nd 2010, conditional 1st 2010
for
The Sedin Twins, 3rd 2009, 4th 2010 (VAN)

M Rozsival
for
Ed Jovanovski (PHO)

D Kalinin, P Rissmiller
for
G Exelby (ATL)

A Voros, Hollwegs 5th rounder from Toronto 2009
for
C Neil (OTT)

P Prucha + ev sugar
for
Mark Recchi (TBL)

We have already dealt for future considerations (Hugh Jessiman, was a 1st round pick) + maybe we add something?
for this we could try to get
The rights to the A Radulov or maybe A Sulzer - Defensive prospect (NAS)

If so - would this make The Rangers a better team for the playoffs? This is a justified question without any certain answer.
Would it kill off the development of our prospect park (losing P Prucha, N Dawes, B Sangs or MDZ, D Byers, 2 top picks) too much and thereby limit our future possibilities of growth from within? It might imo.

What would – in theory - the lineup consisting of the following players be able to deliver in New York as opposed to todays team?:

Sedin – Sedin – Näslund (3,575 + 3,575 + 4,000 = 11,150)
Korpedo – Dubinsky – Zherdev (1,018 + 633 + 2,500 = 4,151)
Recchi – Drury – Callahan ( 1,500 + 7,050 + 575 = 9,125)
Sjo – Betts – Orr (840 + 615 + 538 = 1,997)

Eventual extras for playoffs – C Neil (1,100); D Fritsche (875), add to roster at end of year: A Anisimov, P-AP

Total cap hit fwds: 28,394

Redden – Staal (6,500 + 827 = 7,327)
Jovo – Girardi (6,500 + 1,550 = 8,050)
Mara – Exelby (1,950 + 1,392 = 3,342)

Potter (543)
Total cap hit D = 19,262

Hank (6,875)
Vally (725)
Total cap hit G = 7,600

Total cap hit – 55,256
Dead space – 750
Total cap hit 2008/2009 – 56,006
Cap limit – 56,600

It would barely squeeze in. We would thereby be ridding ourselves of 2 of the more expensive long-term contracts - which would somewhat improve our wiggle room under the cap in the future. The salary cap may or may not go down in the years to come and all here basically are condeming these 4 albatross contracts (ie Redden, Drury, Rozsival, Gomez).

The Jovanovski contract expires after 2010/2011 (as opposed to Rozsival that is done 1 year later). G Exelby has a contract until the end of 2009/2010. C Neil, M Recchi and The Sedin Twins are all unrestricted free agents at the end of this season.

Recchi is a short term fill and he + Näslund would be replaced by AA and Grachev shortly down the line. The rights to Radulov might be worth a bundle if New York were to have 3 Russians (The potential GAZ line with Grachev – Anisimov – Zherdev) on the team making it a destination he would consider to sign with. Whatever that signature would be worth as he has shown blatant disrespect to contracts before. We should pick up something for the Jessiman trade – if not Radulovs riights (which are worthless in Nashville now) why not add some Defensive depth with Sulzer that is a big, hardhitting body. Especially if we were to lose MDZ or Sangs in the other scenario (although very unlikely trade altogether)

The Sedin Twins may or may not resign in New York if they were to come here (again – very unlikely). They would probably ask for at least 5,500 each. Maybe too steep to be done without unloading someone else (Näslund?) next year. Then we could resign them for 2 years at 5,500 each, bring up AA as a linemate and Nicky Z could then be resigned next year along with Dubi (short term contract to “prove himself” for 1-2 years) and later M Staal.

We have DuPont, Soryal, Weise, Moore (?) waiting in the wings of Hartford on F. Should be 1 NHLer out of this bunch. Longer term there are possibilities with lots of eventual talent in the system – although probably none of them are high end (top 2 lines) except Grachev - as it seems now. Of the guys Grachev, Stepan, Campbell, Hillier, Kveton, Zaborsky, Hagelin maybe at most 2-3 will make it to the NHL as it seems now. But this could, of course, also change in eitrher direction. The tragic loss of A Cherepenov can not be exagerated.

Bobby Sangs/MDZ (assuming one of them is traded), M Sauer, A Sulzer (eventually?) or one/two of the other (promising) prospects on D could step up filling the vaccancy of Jovocop/Exelby after the 2009/2010 or 2010/2011 seasons if a trade or buyout is not exercised before these contracts were to expire. The rest of the defensive core - Staal, Girardi, Redden (who would be willing to take on his contract? – nobody imo - he is untradeable now and will not be sent down or bought out a la Kaspar for many a year as Sather would entirely lose face then), Potter (if he steps up) and Mara (possibly resigned) would be a solid core to build around with 2-3 prospect additions.

We could maybe even afford re-signing “the maniac” Sean Avery - if Dallas were to put him on waivers at the trade deadline to take half of his hit the remaining years on his stupid, overpaid contract. Or sign him at the league minimum after a Dallas buyout of his contract after this years season concludes. I do not think any of this will happen – but I do know many people here would support this. lol hehehe

This team above would – most probably - be significantly tougher to play against. In every way actually. The Twins would add a lot of extra things up front including a functioning power play formation. I am actually not preaching any of this – but I do find it an interesting standpoint and base for discussions out of the miserable cap-era we now are facing and it is ONE WAY to improve toughness/goalscoring/PP (which we know are our weak points) on “our team” . This team, which I btw in contrast to most people firmly believe has potential for a semifinal spot - at least - this year. Even without these changes and the squad now basically intact. Also the chemistry would be radically altered on a team with a very good record but with very much inconsistent & dismal play and apparent, glaring weak points that need to be dealt with. Maybe trading is not the solution – but getting the most out of each player, which has not been done properly imo.

You gotta believe!

But all this is probably alas just another pipe dream

Sayonora guys & gals & whatever falls in between. Morphine time again
Be nice on me
www.hotelranga.is = my place in the middle of nowhere...

Last edited by BBKers: 01-23-2009 at 07:48 PM.
BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 07:45 PM
HAPPY HOUR

As much as I'm not a big Prucha guy, but no I don't want Recchi.

Voros and a 5th for Neil. Done

Kalinen and Rismiller for Exelby. Done.

Rosy for Jovo. Got to sleep on that one. Leaning towards done.

Gomer/Sedins trade. Wow. Can't imagine either team doing this. But no.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 07:46 PM
ThisYearsModel

First......get well soon.

Then........ugh. More trade rumors that will not happen. I don't see any of those happening. The Rangers will have to overpay to make any deals because they will need to shed salary to do so. Nobody wants the overpaid players on the Rangers, and the Rangers won't trade Dubinsky, Staal, st al.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 08:08 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I can't imagine all of those happening all at once. That would take us another 4 months to get the team chemistry going again. We just need one trade that sparks us a la Avery 2006-07

I'd take the Neil and Exelby trades but can't see the other teams going along.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
D Kalinin, P Rissmiller
for
G Exelby (ATL)

for
C Neil (OTT)

done deals and I would bet a trip to the third round in playoffs. I would love exelby as a Ranger

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 08:12 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
D Kalinin, P Rissmiller
for
G Exelby (ATL)

for
C Neil (OTT)

done deals and I would bet a trip to the third round in playoffs. I would love exelby as a Ranger
Only ones I'd want. I also find the Recchi and Sedin ones extremely stupid. Two pending UFAs and an old leather bag.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 08:29 PM
fourhole

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
As much as I'm not a big Prucha guy, but no I don't want Recchi.

Voros and a 5th for Neil. Done

Kalinen and Rismiller for Exelby. Done.

Rosy for Jovo. Got to sleep on that one. Leaning towards done.

Gomer/Sedins trade. Wow. Can't imagine either team doing this. But no.
Agree with eveything up there except maybe gomez to LA for stoll and preissing

Last edited by fourhole: 01-23-2009 at 08:58 PM.
Old
01-23-2009, 08:49 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
S Gomez, N Dawes, B Sanguinetti (or MDZ), D Byers, 1st 2009, 2nd 2010, conditional 1st 2010
for
The Sedin Twins, 3rd 2009, 4th 2010 (VAN)

M Rozsival
for
Ed Jovanovski (PHO)

D Kalinin, P Rissmiller
for
G Exelby (ATL)

for
C Neil (OTT)

P Prucha + ev sugar
for
Mark Recchi (TBL)
The 1st trade is way too much to give up IMO. And it has nothing to do with Dawes and Gomez, but you're giving up a very good defensive prospect AND a 1st round pick for two guys who, IMO, are not as good as advertised, and who Markus Naslund never really had that much success with(so why reunite them as a line?)

Roszival for Jovanoski is also a waste to me, I don't know Jovi's cap number or how many years he has, but the only way I like that trade is if Jovanoski has 2 or 1 year left on his deal, because I don't like the idea of Rozy around for 3 more years at 5 mil per with Staal and Giradi due for new contracts and DZ and Sanguinetti very close to being NHL ready.

Why would Atlanta want Rissmiller and Kalinin? Both players are UFA's after this year.

I don't think Chris Neil is the answer but I'd take Voros and a 5th rounder for Neil in a heartbeat. I hate the guy because personally, I think he's a dirtbag. But that's a no-brainer. Don't think the Sens would go for it though.

I'm not interested in Recchi at all. Last thing we need is another aging player at wing, if Recchi or a guy like that was in the plans we could've just waived prucha and signed Shanny.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 08:49 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
Gomez and Redden to LA for Frolov, Preissing. Now please.

Old
01-23-2009, 08:51 PM
RangerFan10

How does everyone else feel about Nik Antropov??? A conditional 1st round pick, a 3rd rounder, and Nigel Dawes/Petr Prucha anyone???

Old
01-23-2009, 08:58 PM
ThisGuy

My own Proposal

Here's a 3-way trade proposal. I threw it together just now, got the salary numbers from http://www.sportscity.com/NHL-Salaries/

Let me know what you think

Rangers Give 17.28 mm
Scott Gomez 7.35mm
Wade Redden 6.5
Lauri Korpikosi 957k
Brandon Dubinsky 633k
Dan Fritsche 875k
Mike Delzotto 875k
1st rd pick 09
1st Rd pick 10

Atlanta Gives 12.15mm
Ilya Kovalchuck 6.4 mm
Mathieu Scnheider 5.75mm

Anaheim gives 6.95mm
Chris Pronger 6.25
B prospect 500k
1st rd pick 10

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rangers Get 18.35mm +1mm
Ilya Kovalchuck 6.4
Chris Pronger 6.25
Mathieu Schneider 5.7

Atlanta Gets 9mm -3.15mm

SCott Gomez 7.35mm
Lauri Korpikoski 957k
1st Rd pick 09 NYR
ANA b prospect 500k
ANA 1st rd pick 10

Anaheim gets 8.83mm +1mm
Wade Redden 6.5mm
Brandon Dubinksy 633k
Dan Fritsche 875k
Mike Delzotto 875k
1st Rd pick 10 NYR

ThisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 12:20 AM
SouvenirCity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisGuy View Post
Here's a 3-way trade proposal. I threw it together just now, got the salary numbers from http://www.sportscity.com/NHL-Salaries/

Rangers Give 17.28 mm
Scott Gomez 7.35mm
Wade Redden 6.5
Lauri Korpikosi 957k
Brandon Dubinsky 633k
Dan Fritsche 875k
Mike Delzotto 875k
1st rd pick 09
1st Rd pick 10

Atlanta Gives 12.15mm

Nice wet dream
Ilya Kovalchuck 6.4 mm
Mathieu Scnheider 5.75mm

Anaheim gives 6.95mm
Chris Pronger 6.25
B prospect 500k
1st rd pick 10

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rangers Get 18.35mm +1mm
Ilya Kovalchuck 6.4
Chris Pronger 6.25
Mathieu Schneider 5.7

Atlanta Gets 9mm -3.15mm

SCott Gomez 7.35mm
Lauri Korpikoski 957k
1st Rd pick 09 NYR
ANA b prospect 500k
ANA 1st rd pick 10

Anaheim gets 8.83mm +1mm
Wade Redden 6.5mm
Brandon Dubinksy 633k
Dan Fritsche 875k
Mike Delzotto 875k
1st Rd pick 10 NYR
Nice wet dream

SouvenirCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 12:26 AM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisGuy View Post

Rangers Give 17.28 mm
Scott Gomez 7.35mm
Wade Redden 6.5
Lauri Korpikosi 957k
Brandon Dubinsky 633k
Dan Fritsche 875k
Mike Delzotto 875k
1st rd pick 09
1st Rd pick 10

Atlanta Gives 12.15mm
Ilya Kovalchuck 6.4 mm
Mathieu Scnheider 5.75mm

Anaheim gives 6.95mm
Chris Pronger 6.25
B prospect 500k
1st rd pick 10

Rangers Get 18.35mm +1mm
Ilya Kovalchuck 6.4
Chris Pronger 6.25
Mathieu Schneider 5.7

Atlanta Gets 9mm -3.15mm

SCott Gomez 7.35mm
Lauri Korpikoski 957k
1st Rd pick 09 NYR
ANA b prospect 500k
ANA 1st rd pick 10

Anaheim gets 8.83mm +1mm
Wade Redden 6.5mm
Brandon Dubinksy 633k
Dan Fritsche 875k
Mike Delzotto 875k
1st Rd pick 10 NYR
Our team just died a little.

Old
01-24-2009, 12:48 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
How does everyone else feel about Nik Antropov??? A conditional 1st round pick, a 3rd rounder, and Nigel Dawes/Petr Prucha anyone???
Andropov makes sense. Perhaps a second and Voros? Neither Prucha or Dawes are Brian Burke's kind of players.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 05:03 AM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Andropov makes sense. Perhaps a second and Voros? Neither Prucha or Dawes are Brian Burke's kind of players.
meh, I mean Dominic Moore is a 2nd line player there. I'm sure Burke doesn't want to lose size but he could use some goal scorers, Voros just isn't that.

Old
01-24-2009, 06:51 AM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Many ofthose would never happen, but out of them all I think I would want the Exelby trade the most. He's one of those guys that I hate playing against, but would love to have that tough edgy D-Man on this team.

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 08:13 AM
NYC427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykedout66 View Post
Many ofthose would never happen, but out of them all I think I would want the Exelby trade the most. He's one of those guys that I hate playing against, but would love to have that tough edgy D-Man on this team.

None of these world happen.

NYC427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 09:02 AM
Ian
Mike York fan club

I do not get Eklund (and some others) love obsession with sending Jovanovski to the Rangers. His play has continued to decline, and he isn't even close to being the type of player he was 3-4 years ago.

I could understand swapping him for Redden, but for Rozy it makes zero sense to me.

The Rangers clearly like him as a player, at $5 mil he isn't terribly overpaid if he can play at this level for the rest of this contract, I think Rozy over the next two years is a better player/value and they actually add $1 million to the payroll making that trade.

To me, I think Atlanta and the Rangers match up quite well for trades. I think Kozlov and Exelby are two guys that could impact the roster, and trying to get Schneider back for a playoff run wouldn't be that bad either. Maybe it's a pipe dream but I would like our chances if we could add 2 of those guys.

Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 01:18 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
I do not get Eklund (and some others) love obsession with sending Jovanovski to the Rangers. His play has continued to decline, and he isn't even close to being the type of player he was 3-4 years ago.
Ian, you need to get to more Coyotes games. Jovo's play isn't declining and in fact he has gotten much better this season as the year has gone along. He's not an all-star (never was) and he is overpaid but he's still a legitimate top pair defensemean. Evenb if a team had the right chips to make a trade (and unless you are talking Staal, the Rangers don't) he's not going anywhere because a) the Coyotes desperately need to make the playoffs and b) if they traded him they would need to take back almost the same amount in salary to stay above the salary cap floor. The cap numbers on Eklund's site are overstated for young players.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 01:51 AM
RangerFan10

Even if Jovi's play isn't declining Rozy for Jovi straight up makes no sense, it's 1.5 mil more a year, it's through 2010-2011...and Jovi's probably older, don't feel like checking

Old
01-25-2009, 02:22 AM
Ian
Mike York fan club

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Ian, you need to get to more Coyotes games. Jovo's play isn't declining and in fact he has gotten much better this season as the year has gone along. He's not an all-star (never was) and he is overpaid but he's still a legitimate top pair defensemean. Evenb if a team had the right chips to make a trade (and unless you are talking Staal, the Rangers don't) he's not going anywhere because a) the Coyotes desperately need to make the playoffs and b) if they traded him they would need to take back almost the same amount in salary to stay above the salary cap floor. The cap numbers on Eklund's site are overstated for young players.
I've seen 10+ Yotes games this year, and while I'm not saying Jovo is a fringe NHLer at this point or something, he's not worth trading for unless the Rangers significantly win the trade, and there is no way Phoenix does that then.

He is not significantly better than Rozy, and I'd be hard pressed to even say he is a noticeable upgrade.

He may be a upgrade over Redden (granted I think Redden has played pretty good the last two weeks or so), but there is no way it's a 1 for 1 swap.

My point is that Eklund/etc have been peddling this Jovo to the Rangers trade idea for the past 2 years or so, and it's ridiculous at this point.

Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 12:14 AM
ManicSubsidal15

Send a message via AIM to ManicSubsidal15
The Rangers need to continue with the youth movement! Don't start bringing in older guys like Eddy Jovo.I would LOVE to see Bobby Ryan in the Ranger Blue. He might be the player that FINALLY gets Scott Gomez to be a good player again. A good scorer with good hands for Gomez to feed the puck to?

It would prolly have to start with Dawes and/or Prucha/a prospect (hopefully not Grachev or Anisimov)/ a first or second rounder? Too much to pay, too little? I'd like to hear people's opinions on this.

Last edited by ManicSubsidal15: 01-27-2009 at 12:31 AM.
ManicSubsidal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 12:47 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicSubsidal15 View Post
The Rangers need to continue with the youth movement! Don't start bringing in older guys like Eddy Jovo.I would LOVE to see Bobby Ryan in the Ranger Blue. He might be the player that FINALLY gets Scott Gomez to be a good player again. A good scorer with good hands for Gomez to feed the puck to?

It would prolly have to start with Dawes and/or Prucha/a prospect (hopefully not Grachev or Anisimov)/ a first or second rounder? Too much to pay, too little? I'd like to hear people's opinions on this.
if the rangers were to ask for ryan the ducks would immediately want staal.....you are talking about there best young player. He was drafted after crosby, the kid has scary talent and he has put up points in the nhl....might be easier to get a player from SJ who is big and can score than ryan.

If the rangers could get a player like neil sather woud have to do it. i hate the guy personally but he comes to play hard every night, can score the dirty goals and gets in the other teams head. Plus the fact that he can fight and stick up for teammates that would be a no-brainer. Although, I dont know how Drury and Neil would get along considering the dirsty hit he threw on him....

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 12:53 AM
ManicSubsidal15

Send a message via AIM to ManicSubsidal15
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
if the rangers were to ask for ryan the ducks would immediately want staal.....you are talking about there best young player. He was drafted after crosby, the kid has scary talent and he has put up points in the nhl....might be easier to get a player from SJ who is big and can score than ryan.

If the rangers could get a player like neil sather woud have to do it. i hate the guy personally but he comes to play hard every night, can score the dirty goals and gets in the other teams head. Plus the fact that he can fight and stick up for teammates that would be a no-brainer. Although, I dont know how Drury and Neil would get along considering the dirsty hit he threw on him....
Yeah I would imagine the ducks would want Staal since they love building from the blue-line out (or at least Burke was big on assembling that insane Defense while he was there, who knows what direction they might go to now). I had heard rumors of a possible trade (not just to the Rangers but to anyone) due to the cap situation and Burke feeling bad for a kid with that much talent not being able to play in the NHL

ManicSubsidal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 08:46 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
D Kalinin, P Rissmiller
for
G Exelby (ATL)

for
C Neil (OTT)

why the hell would Atlanta take Kalinin who is a UFA and Rissmiller who is a bad contract

Voros and a pick for Neil makes alot of sense

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote