HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Briere update -- January 23 (post #584)

Old
01-24-2009, 12:15 PM
Terence Peterman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
Carter has played with both Hartnell and Knuble and assuming health I don't know that Forsberg is any slower than they are. You're right to some extent that in terms of a breakout it would be a little bit slower but I think once set up in the zone it should be fine.
it's not that forsberg is slower than carter, it's that forsberg plays "wait-and-see (because i'm peter ****in forsberg and i make **** happen)" and carter plays so quick, came-outta-nowhere.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 12:27 PM
ELab2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
it's not that forsberg is slower than carter, it's that forsberg plays "wait-and-see (because i'm peter ****in forsberg and i make **** happen)" and carter plays so quick, came-outta-nowhere.
he doesn't have to though, he's certainly capable of slowing it down on the PP. It doesn't that Carter has to slow his game down when he has a chance to make something happen quickly but he's certainly capable of getting set up in the zone.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 12:30 PM
bodangleroo28

I think if we had another player who loves the rush like carter you could put him with peter and jeff, jeff and player x would bring it up then when peter got it in the offensive zone we score, the end

bodangleroo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 12:37 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

I hate to switch topics, but I was just thinking about Giroux and him being on the third line. Remember when Gags got hurt, Giroux moved up to the line with Richards and put up points in both games. Now the Upshall-Powe-Giroux line I like alot. They remind me of little kids running around on sugar. I dont think though that Powe will put up a good amount of goals, and even Upshall will only put up a few. Dont you think that with Giroux's skill set would be more affective with either Richards or Carter? I like Knuble, but I think a line of Gags-Richards-Giroux would be more beneficial. That line of Gags-Richards-Knuble hasnt really done much lately and could need a change.

Just throwing ideas out

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 12:55 PM
Opus

vCash: 50
I'm really concerned that the whole 'Forsberg show' is going to be a huge distraction coming down the pike. Homer admitting he's made the call to Forsberg/his agent isn't going to help it any either. If it's going to happen, then I hope it happens sooner rather than later...or if not...put an end to the rumours. I don't want this to go on for the next two months as I think it will have a negative effect on the team.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 01:31 PM
Mr Oysterhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I hate to switch topics, but I was just thinking about Giroux and him being on the third line. Remember when Gags got hurt, Giroux moved up to the line with Richards and put up points in both games. Now the Upshall-Powe-Giroux line I like alot. They remind me of little kids running around on sugar. I dont think though that Powe will put up a good amount of goals, and even Upshall will only put up a few. Dont you think that with Giroux's skill set would be more affective with either Richards or Carter? I like Knuble, but I think a line of Gags-Richards-Giroux would be more beneficial. That line of Gags-Richards-Knuble hasnt really done much lately and could need a change.
Giroux has impressed me a lot since his call up so I certainly wouldn't be opposed to trying Gagne - Richards - Giroux. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think we tried Upshall - Richards - Giroux (against Pittsburgh maybe?) for a little while and although the line didn't yield great results thats a line i think could be very dangerous.

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 01:58 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
I'm really concerned that the whole 'Forsberg show' is going to be a huge distraction coming down the pike. Homer admitting he's made the call to Forsberg/his agent isn't going to help it any either. If it's going to happen, then I hope it happens sooner rather than later...or if not...put an end to the rumours. I don't want this to go on for the next two months as I think it will have a negative effect on the team.
I am with you. I dont want the distraction. I dont understand why so many people just cant let it go with Forsberg. He was a great player for us back in the day, but that is in the past. He is done. oh sure he may give you stretches of great play then his ankle starts to hurt, his foot starts to hurt ect ect. I dont want it. Let Colorado deal with him.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 02:04 PM
Opus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
I am with you. I dont want the distraction. I dont understand why so many people just cant let it go with Forsberg. He was a great player for us back in the day, but that is in the past. He is done. oh sure he may give you stretches of great play then his ankle starts to hurt, his foot starts to hurt ect ect. I dont want it. Let Colorado deal with him.
110% agree. If he were healthy, he'd be playing now.

I'd rather have no distraction, try and dump a little salary and land a mean, nasty badass defenseman for the playoff run. Who, I don't know...but I think that addresses the 'team need' more than ANOTHER center.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 02:05 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
So many people? It was our GM that started it. Forsberg was a distant memory here until the guy who could actually sign him to a contract said he inquired about him.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
Carter has played with both Hartnell and Knuble and assuming health I don't know that Forsberg is any slower than they are. You're right to some extent that in terms of a breakout it would be a little bit slower but I think once set up in the zone it should be fine.
Foot speed is one thing, true, but their play with the puck is at two completely different levels. Forsberg lets the game come to him, while Carter attacks at top speed all the time. They both like the puck on their stick. I just don't see it as a match.

In fact, I don't really know where Forsberg fits in this lineup.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 06:06 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Forsberg and Hartnell banging bodies around in the corners would be entertaing to see

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 06:14 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Thats possibly the most homosexual sentence i've ever heard

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 06:19 PM
Raffl House

vCash: 513