HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sbisa has been reassigned (Feb. 2, 2009 -- post #176 with quotes)

Old
01-24-2009, 11:56 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
then it was a necessary lesson. every player needs to realize that it's not about him, it's about the team. getting sent down doesn't mean you're bad, it's just that you're not the best thing for the team right now. the sooner he learns that (and he probably already knows this), the sooner he'll mature as a player.
Totally agree. He also has to know the situation we are in involving Briere and such.

But guess what this means guys! Jones is here to stay!!!

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Mota

Quote:
Originally Posted by smacklby View Post
the lucky goal against the Thrashers aside, he's played like garbage, imo, since coming back.... i shutter when he's on the ice, hoping we don't get scored on.....
I feel the same way. The team was on a tear before he came back...and although they still are playing good hockey...they have times where they just cant get the puck out of the zone...and jones is usually on the ice. That wasnt a problem when sbisa was playing.

Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 12:10 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Either way it can kill his confidence. Telling the kid, even after he played around 40 games, sorry your going back down now, can be depressing. Either way its a confidence killer (letting him sit in the press box and sending him back down)
I'm sure he saw it coming. Even if he's 18, he's a professional, but if what you say happens, then shame on the Flyers for putting themselves and Sbisa in this situation. Like I've said, it's not like people on this board didn't see this coming back in October. The subject you bring up was our worst fear.

By the way, apparently Sbisa played for Lethbridge last night (http://whl.ca/stats/official-game-re...ame_id=1005774). The Flyers didn't even announce the move from what I've been looking. That is very strange. I guess they didn't want to be questioned on it.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
On the Active Roster for at least 40 games. So yes ... he now has one accrued season towards the 7 he'll need to be a UFA before the age of 27.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Carter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Yes. It is.
Quote:
Article 1
"Accrued Season" means any League Year during which a Player was on a Club's Active Roster for 40 (30 if the Player is a goalie) or more Regular Season Games, provided that, for the purposes of calculating an Accrued Season under this Agreemet, games missed due to a hockey-related injury incurred while on a Club's Active Roster shall count as games played for purposes of calculating an Accrued Season but only during the League Year in which the injury was incurred and a maximum of one additional season.
The last time I checked, the Flyers had played over 40 regular-season games and Sbisa had been on the roster for all of them.

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 12:15 PM
smacklby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
I feel the same way. The team was on a tear before he came back...and although they still are playing good hockey...they have times where they just cant get the puck out of the zone...and jones is usually on the ice. That wasnt a problem when sbisa was playing.
maybe its just that i expect better results from a player earing his salary and less from a rookie. Jones is +1 in his 14 games, Sbisa -4 in 38 games.

It is not Jones's offense which concerns me, although his offense has not been anything spectacular, nor anything like last season, for that matter..... but, it is Jones getting caught pinching on offense and then he does NOT have the speed to get back on defense, and he is still undersized for his size and he's always been a liability around the crease, imho..... he doesnt have the size to out-muscle too many forwards and he's no where near smart like Timonen, in gaining position on forwards around the crease and keeping and clearing the puck out of it....

but, if we are comparing Jones with Sbisa, i think Jones is the better player, right now, and i dont think Jones is back to form yet.

smacklby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 12:23 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by smacklby View Post
but, if we are comparing Jones with Sbisa, i think Jones is the better player, right now, and i dont think Jones is back to form yet.
Agreed. But a 26 year old making way too freakin' much money should be better than an 18 year old rookie. I don't think he's enough better to justify his existence though.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 12:26 PM
RoDu

This makes me ponder, is Briere actually injured or have we been playing possum and are starting to make room for him to come back, this being the first of many moves

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 12:30 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
I'm sure he saw it coming. Even if he's 18, he's a professional, but if what you say happens, then shame on the Flyers for putting themselves and Sbisa in this situation. Like I've said, it's not like people on this board didn't see this coming back in October. The subject you bring up was our worst fear.

By the way, apparently Sbisa played for Lethbridge last night (http://whl.ca/stats/official-game-re...ame_id=1005774). The Flyers didn't even announce the move from what I've been looking. That is very strange. I guess they didn't want to be questioned on it.
I believe that link lists the entire roster. The game summary doesn't show that he played. Looks like an interesting game though...

http://whl.ca/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1005774

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
The last time I checked, the Flyers had played over 40 regular-season games and Sbisa had been on the roster for all of them.
Well that just pisses me right off. He's been scratched for two weeks, why the **** did we waste a year of his contract just to send him back anyway?

Holmgren worries me sometimes. It's just plain stupid.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 12:37 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

I don't know. It's the official game report. It even says 'This report has been checked and verified against the Official Western Hockey League Game Report.'

Old
01-24-2009, 12:38 PM
smacklby

good points; however, i havent really noticed what offensive lines Jones has been paired with, compared with the lines Sbisa has been paired with..... otherwise, +/- ratings can be a useful gauge of how well a player is playing, given his role with the team, when compared with other players given similar roles, overtime, overall, especially when considering player observations and other factors, as you've mentioned.

anyway, everything considered, i still think Jones is a little better, overall, and a bit more mature than Sbisa, right now.... and, i still dont think Jones is playing to his full potential, yet, 14 games into his season comeback....

smacklby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 12:45 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post

I think it might be completely unavoidable to have a GM of this team who doesn't make us feel this way about things.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 01:07 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
The team has done itself well this year, but Holmgren has not had a good season. I'm sure it was a dose of humble pie for him to do this.

Old
01-24-2009, 01:26 PM
Get Carter

Quote:
Thanks. That article confused me.

Still not sure how true all of this is. Haven't seen it announced anywhere else which is odd.

Get Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 01:36 PM
Black Ice

I hope that this is the first of a few moves to get the team in better shape cap-wise.

Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 02:40 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ice View Post
I hope that this is the first of a few moves to get the team in better shape cap-wise.
They are fine cap wise. By the time Briere comes back his cap hit will only be a couple million.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 02:45 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

so Braydon Schenn gets another shot at the title now huh?

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 03:13 PM
tv14

Quote:

I was at the game last night and he did not play. I came home to look at the game sheet and saw that he was on it and was very shocked too.

tv14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 03:18 PM
chaosof99*

This is probably a good thing. At least in the WHL he should be on the top pairing and play a lot more minutes than here, especially considering him catching splinters since Jones is back (even though I think Sbisa has twice the talent that Jones has).

He'll be a fantastic defenseman in a couple of years. Looking forward to see him again next season.

Lethbridge got 22 games left in their schedule. Does anybody know if he's going to play tonight already or is he not in Western Canada yet?

@ tv14: Dude, your locations reads "Lethbride". Aren't you missing a letter?

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 03:36 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

This is a translation I got:

The defender helvète Luca Sbisa was replaced in his club junior of Hurricanes de Lethbridge in WHL. Sbisa had not played any more since January 10 and its time of ice had strongly decreased since the end of December and its famous episode of the breakdown of alarm clock - it had missed the appointment of l' equip. For recall, it s' was obtained a station with Flyers at the beginning of season mainly thanks to the many wounds within the defensive brigade. It had then become the tenth younger player of l' history has to dispute a match of NHL. In 38 matches of NHL, Sbisa counted 7 assists, a negative assessment of -4 and 36 minutes of penalty. It joined its formation junior which it had taken into account 48 points, including 9 goals, in 81 matches the last season. What had been worth d' to him; to be fished out with the first tower of the last draft in 19th position (1st choice of Flyers). Sbisa (18 years) cannot be placed in AHL because d' a valid contract jusqu' at the end of its age junior (l' year of its 20 years) with Lethbridge in WHL, if he does not play in NHL. It there will touch its wages of NHL all the same, that is to say 875' 000 dollars, but will not appear any more in the wage bill of Flyers. The news n' was not officialized yet.

Old
01-24-2009, 03:41 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Translation of Original Article

NHL: Luca SBIS demoted in junior league

The Swiss defender Luca SBIS was seen in his club Junior Hurricanes Lethbridge, WHL.

SBIS no longer played since January 10 and his ice time had dropped sharply since late December and its famous episode of the blackout alarm clock - he had missed the appointment of the team.

Remember, he had obtained a job with the Flyers at the beginning of the season thanks in large part to numerous injuries in the defensive squad.It was now the tenth youngest player in history played a NHL game.

In 38 NHL games, SBIS counted 7 assists, a negative balance of -4 and 36 penalty minutes.

He joined his training junior with whom he had counted 48 points, including 9 goals in 81 matches last season. Which had earned him to be drafted in the first round of the draft last in 19th place (1st choice of the Flyers).

SBIS (18 years) can be placed in the AHL because of a contract valid until the end of his junior age (the year of its 20 years) with Lethbridge, WHL, if he's not playing in the NHL. There still receive his salary NHL or 875'000 dollars, but no longer appear in the payroll Flyers.

The news has not yet been formalized.

--------------------------------------------
Thanks google

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 03:47 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
famous episode of the blackout alarm clock
Haha. I love translations.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 03:53 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

For people moaning at Sbisa's +-. Remember he played at the start of the season in the 0-3-3. He's been pretty much even all year after that

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 06:40 PM
Tiger Trauma

SBisa has not been returnd to the canes Yet

I think this confusion started when his name appeared incorrectly on a whl online gamesheet, prompting allot of people to think that he had been returned.

Because of that his stats automatically accrued 1 game for this season.

His name has now been removed from the gamesheet, and his stats for this season have been set back to zero games played.

There has been no mention of him returning on either the flyers, Lethbridge's, tsn or sportsnet web sites.

Tiger Trauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 06:41 PM
tv14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
This is probably a good thing. At least in the WHL he should be on the top pairing and play a lot more minutes than here, especially considering him catching splinters since Jones is back (even though I think Sbisa has twice the talent that Jones has).

He'll be a fantastic defenseman in a couple of years. Looking forward to see him again next season.

Lethbridge got 22 games left in their schedule. Does anybody know if he's going to play tonight already or is he not in Western Canada yet?

@ tv14: Dude, your locations reads "Lethbride". Aren't you missing a letter?

Haha yes, i just noticed that. Nice catch.

tv14 is offline   Reply With Quote