HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hedjuk awared 5.7 millions.

Closed Thread

Old
08-06-2004, 07:31 PM
Shabutie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
Kovalev, when he wants, can play with the best of them. His talent level is just incredible. He have all the tools. He is the perfect weapon and yes, he deserves 5 millions per year.But I really think that the habs need Kovalev. All we need to do is sign him, it's not like we have to give players in return...
Yes when he wants to he is a great player. But thats what every 4-5 games? Now that salaries are taking drops Kovalev definetly doesn't deserve 5 mill a year. That's 1/6th of the payroll if the cut were at 30 mill. If he would play on a high level consistentely then I would consider giving him the deal. And when you say the habs NEED Kovalev, I couldn't disagree more. With the way Kovalev was playing last season, I could easily see Ryder producing more then him once again.

Old
08-06-2004, 09:46 PM
deandebean

4.25 to 4.4 per season. Not more. And for 3 seasons, that's it (and even that, I'm not convinced).

Old
08-06-2004, 10:27 PM
EaGLE1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
Yes when he wants to he is a great player. But thats what every 4-5 games? Now that salaries are taking drops Kovalev definetly doesn't deserve 5 mill a year. That's 1/6th of the payroll if the cut were at 30 mill. If he would play on a high level consistentely then I would consider giving him the deal. And when you say the habs NEED Kovalev, I couldn't disagree more. With the way Kovalev was playing last season, I could easily see Ryder producing more then him once again.
Damn, we didn't have a real star player in 15 years and now you're saying to me that we absolutely don't need Kovalev.

Without him, we would have been beaten to death by the Boston Bruins. Is that what you want for next playoffs????

He's a great player and we need him to boost our talent level, who is very average right now.

Old
08-07-2004, 12:10 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
Damn, we didn't have a real star player in 15 years and now you're saying to me that we absolutely don't need Kovalev.

Without him, we would have been beaten to death by the Boston Bruins. Is that what you want for next playoffs????

He's a great player and we need him to boost our talent level, who is very average right now.
Haven't had a real star player in 15 years? How do you figure that? How can you just assume that without kovalev we wouldn't of beat boston, I think Ryder could've done just as much as Kovalev without the OT misshap. I don't think Kovalev makes our team much better, I mean it's good to have a replacement for Ryder on the first line, but he isn't much more then that. If he would play consistently like most of our players then he could be a key to the team, and how can you say that our talent is average?

Old
08-07-2004, 12:23 PM
EaGLE1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
Haven't had a real star player in 15 years? How do you figure that? How can you just assume that without kovalev we wouldn't of beat boston, I think Ryder could've done just as much as Kovalev without the OT misshap. I don't think Kovalev makes our team much better, I mean it's good to have a replacement for Ryder on the first line, but he isn't much more then that. If he would play consistently like most of our players then he could be a key to the team, and how can you say that our talent is average?
Open your eyes. Our talent level is currently average. We rely on a good defensive system and our players are working hard + we have a good goalie so we win more game than we lose. But our talent level is ordinary right now.

Add Kovalev, and our talent level is better than average.

Old
08-07-2004, 12:32 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Why is it so hard to understand talent doesnt mean how good a player is. If you cant see Kovalevs incredible talent then theres no point in discussing hockey with you.
Never said Kovalev wasn't talented but he is no where near as talented as Sakic. Sakic's shot itself is above anything else Kovalev has in his arsenal.

Old
08-07-2004, 12:37 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
Never said Kovalev wasn't talented but he is no where near as talented as Sakic. Sakic's shot itself is above anything else Kovalev has in his arsenal.
Sakic has probably the best shot in the league, doesn't mean it doesn't average out with Kovalev's talents. Kovalev is a better stickhandler IMO, and is also stronger on the puck.

Like I said, Sakic >>>> Kovalev when it comes to how much they produce, but they're very much on the same plateau when it comes to talent.

I'd even go so far as to say something like Kovalev has more talent than Sundin. Sundin is a better player, but I think Kovalev has more pure talent.

Old
08-07-2004, 01:30 PM
EaGLE1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albino
Sakic has probably the best shot in the league, doesn't mean it doesn't average out with Kovalev's talents. Kovalev is a better stickhandler IMO, and is also stronger on the puck.

Like I said, Sakic >>>> Kovalev when it comes to how much they produce, but they're very much on the same plateau when it comes to talent.

I'd even go so far as to say something like Kovalev has more talent than Sundin. Sundin is a better player, but I think Kovalev has more pure talent.
damn right on everything you're sayiN'

Old
08-07-2004, 01:32 PM
Malakhov

You guys are overrating Kovalev a bit too much, that's for sure.

Old
08-07-2004, 01:41 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
You guys are overrating Kovalev a bit too much, that's for sure.
I don't think I am at all... I'm not saying he's going to put up Sakic numbers. Hell, he could put up around 40 pts. He still has talent. A guy who puts up 95 pts in 79 games, 76 pts in 67 games and 64 pts in 54 games 3 years in a row with Pittsburgh has talent. He tanked in New York, yes. So does everybody.

Maybe he can only show his talent in a place with less pressure, or a system that's more freewheeling. That's the difference between him and the Sakics and Naslunds. They can adapt better to a coaching system.

Old
08-07-2004, 01:49 PM
Malakhov

Maybe he can only show his talent with Mario Lemieux. Not saying he's not talented but he is nowhere near where you guys put him.

Old
08-07-2004, 01:53 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Maybe he can only show his talent with Mario Lemieux. Not saying he's not talented but he is nowhere near where you guys put him.
Perhaps He does still have to prove that he can do it without Mario, but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree (although I hate that expression)

Old
08-07-2004, 01:59 PM
Malakhov

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albino
Perhaps He does still have to prove that he can do it without Mario, but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree (although I hate that expression)
Yeah hehe

Old
08-07-2004, 10:50 PM
EaGLE1

Quote:
Just look at Kovalev's tapes. Saying that Sakic have much more talents than him is just false. I think that they are equal in talent. But Sakic is a real winner and Kovy is inconsistant. That's all. But when we talk about talent, Kovalev is very very impressive. We seen that in the playoffs. Against the Bruins, he was the best player on the ice by a wide margin. Even if he was playing with a new team on a new system...

Closed Thread