HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vinnie addresses the media

Old
01-24-2009, 05:52 PM
Scotianhab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
My feeling is that he's open to this situation. But I don't think that in the end, it matters what he thinks or not. Clearly, TBay will have to move if they trade him. There's not a lot of people? There will be less people in there if he leaves, there will be less sponsors as well etc....I believe that they didn't even try to trade him, they just wanted to leak the info so to see what would be the response in TBay....they clearly got it....

Now they still have money issues.....so if there's one move they'll be making, it will be to go see if St-Louis is open to any movement.....there won't be any riot if he leaves compared to if Lecavalier leaves....
I always thought they would trade St Louis before Lecavalier. They can still get a good return for St Louis and with Lecavalier, Stamkos & the return from the St Louis deal they could still be competetive in the years to come.

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 05:54 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
I always thought they would trade St Louis before Lecavalier. They can still get a good return for St Louis and with Lecavalier, Stamkos & the return from the St Louis deal they could still be competetive in the years to come.
That's so much what I thought. I really can't believe they'll move Lecavalier before...it makes no sense...unless.....Lecavalier doesn't have a no-trade, does St-Louis already have one and already told them that he's not moving?

Guys...Here's a misson for you.....anybody want to move for the best of the Habs organization....

Tampa Bay as a job opening as a admin assistant......Ok job and the possibility to spy and give us the last details as far as Lecavalier is concerned...

http://hockeyjobs.nhl.com:80/teamwork/r.cfm?i=22857

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 01-24-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 06:57 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 646
lol at Boivin's interview on RDS before 7 pm (it's on their site if you want to see it). Big time smile and a laugh when asked about Lecavalier, pointing out that not only is he going to be in our locker room tomorrow, he'll be also be in a #4 red sweater and even adding he was hoping the coaches would give him a few shifts with Kovalev.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 11:23 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladoww View Post
Just seems like TSN is twisting quotes around. I'm not posting here to try to ruffle any feathers or anything guys, just getting tired of some of the articles I'm reading. One example:

Per TSN:

Per NHL.com:

Per Vancouver Sun:

My point is this - just quote it like it is. By TSN throwing in the "...", they omit a key part of his statement. They almost imply that Vinny is dying to play for the Habs, but the full quote simply sends a resounding "Duh, what Montreal native wouldn't like to play for his hometown team?"
I watched the actual interview. TSN was quoting verbatim. The "..." was him pausing for a second to find words, it wasn't a ffwd through his dialogue.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 11:48 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
That's so much what I thought. I really can't believe they'll move Lecavalier before...it makes no sense...unless.....Lecavalier doesn't have a no-trade, does St-Louis already have one and already told them that he's not moving?

Guys...Here's a misson for you.....anybody want to move for the best of the Habs organization....

Tampa Bay as a job opening as a admin assistant......Ok job and the possibility to spy and give us the last details as far as Lecavalier is concerned...

http://hockeyjobs.nhl.com:80/teamwork/r.cfm?i=22857
I doubt they received outstanding offers for St-Louis.. I think what the Habs are willing to put on the table for Vinny is something they really have to think about..

Personally I would be surprised to see Vinny moved this season, I think its gonna happen at the draft.. With a long playoffs run, our kids will increase their stock and Gainey will be in a better position to not overpay.. Gainey will try to avoid to move away our better kids as much as possible, he will try to resign our RFA long term, that way, some guys will be moved more easily.. I think we cant trade a guy like Gorges right now, he is too valuable for the team right now, but once the season end, then you can start thinking about packaging him since I think guys like OByrne Weber can replace him eventually..

So everything is pointing in that direction, Im sure Gainey will be patient to be in the best posture to get Lecavalier without sacrifice the young core of the team..

Personally I would be extremmely desapointed If guys like Subban MaxPac Andrei K. would be involved in a deal..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 01-25-2009 at 12:12 AM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 09:26 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 646
I know we're not supposed to bring up other boards, but all of a sudden there are about 5 posters with 'sources' on the Lecavalier saga over at (let's call it the french site quoted here on Friday!) and every one of them is posting the deal is close to happening. heh.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 09:30 AM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I know we're not supposed to bring up other boards, but all of a sudden there are about 5 posters with 'sources' on the Lecavalier saga over at (let's call it the french site quoted here on Friday!) and every one of them is posting the deal is close to happening. heh.

yep and they are all 12 years old.

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 09:34 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

http://www.edmontonsun.com/Sports/Ho...38926-sun.html

Vincent Lecavalier isn't going anywhere. While there was talk the Lightning star was going to be dealt tomorrow to the Oilers for three players, two prospects, two No. 1 picks and a third-rounder, GM Brian Lawton denied there was any deal on the table.

"It's just a pipe dream that people think we're going to trade him," said Lawton.

"We're excited about the way our team is playing and I don't think it's fair to continue to talk about these things. I've said he's not going to be traded and he hasn't been traded. Somebody just asked me if he's going to be traded on Monday? No, he won't. Not Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or any other day for that matter ... He loves Tampa Bay and that's why he made the commitment he did (signing an 11-year, $85-million contract extension)."

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 09:37 AM
Artyukhin*

http://www.winnipegsun.com/sports/ho...31216-sun.html

"(The Bolts) told me nothing is happening right now," said Lecavalier, who will suit up for the East in tonight's skills competition at the Bell Centre. "If something were to happen, they've told me they'd come to me with a list (of destinations) or something like that. If it were to happen to Montreal, I grew up here and I've always loved the Montreal Canadiens.

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
http://www.edmontonsun.com/Sports/Ho...38926-sun.html

Vincent Lecavalier isn't going anywhere. While there was talk the Lightning star was going to be dealt tomorrow to the Oilers for three players, two prospects, two No. 1 picks and a third-rounder, GM Brian Lawton denied there was any deal on the table.

"It's just a pipe dream that people think we're going to trade him," said Lawton.

"We're excited about the way our team is playing and I don't think it's fair to continue to talk about these things. I've said he's not going to be traded and he hasn't been traded. Somebody just asked me if he's going to be traded on Monday? No, he won't. Not Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or any other day for that matter ... He loves Tampa Bay and that's why he made the commitment he did (signing an 11-year, $85-million contract extension)."
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
http://www.winnipegsun.com/sports/ho...31216-sun.html

"(The Bolts) told me nothing is happening right now," said Lecavalier, who will suit up for the East in tonight's skills competition at the Bell Centre. "If something were to happen, they've told me they'd come to me with a list (of destinations) or something like that. If it were to happen to Montreal, I grew up here and I've always loved the Montreal Canadiens.
Dan Boyle...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 09:53 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Vinny was obviously overwhelmed by the reception he got in Montreal this weekend. I have no doubt that he'd play for the Habs in a heartbeat. Here's hoping that Gainey can make it happen without depleting the team.

Old
01-25-2009, 10:01 AM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Vinny was obviously overwhelmed by the reception he got in Montreal this weekend. I have no doubt that he'd play for the Habs in a heartbeat.
Yeah, he looked absolutely overjoyed by the habs crowd when he skated onto the ice.

Volcanologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 10:07 AM
boundless

on a tsn segment after the skills comp (the vid is posted on their web site), james duthie is sitting with Dreger and Mcguire and he says:

"...their are people high up in the Canadiens organization that don't think that Lecavalier wants to come and that's a part of the problem"

what do you guys make of that?

boundless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 10:12 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by boundless View Post
on a tsn segment after the skills comp (the vid is posted on their web site), james duthie is sitting with Dreger and Mcguire and he says:

"...their are people high up in the Canadiens organization that don't think that Lecavalier wants to come and that's a part of the problem"

Judging from the "high ups" in the Canadiens' organization, I don't believe one bit that they'd share any information with Duthie or anyone else for that matter. I do believe that the original "leak" from that rumour came from the Lightning's side...

That's what I make of that.

Old
01-25-2009, 10:15 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by boundless View Post

The people "High Up" in the Habs organization are notorious for NOT talking to the media about rumours or what is going on inside the organization. People like Mckenzie and Pierre have repeatedly said that the Habs are the hardest organization to get anything out of, yet we are supposed to believe they talked to Duthie? Yeah ... good try. Not buying it and if anybody buys it I've got some swamp land to sell you.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 10:22 AM
HomaridII

BTW I don't think Vinny will be traded to Montreal, it would be TOO much of a dream come true for too many people and those things just don't happen ... UNLESS Vinny himself requests it .. just how I feel about it.

And Vinny, if you want to know the difference between playing in Montreal and playing elsewhere I have one name for you .. Marcel Dionne.

8 seasons of 100+ points, 12 of 90+ points
6 seasons of 50+ goals, 11 of 40+ goals

Yet, frankly, who remembers the guy? He was as good as Guy Lafleur, yet I give you GUY LAFLEUR and I give you marcel dionne ...

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 10:31 AM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffonfire View Post
Is that a member of the infamous group : Biker mice from Mars?

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 10:58 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Not buying it and if anybody buys it I've got some swamp land to sell you.
Shrek, is that really you. Donkey here...