HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

RBK SicKick 7V vs. 7K

Old
01-25-2009, 03:16 AM
Chartrand

vCash: 500
Is there any reason why a 7K blade wouldn't fit into a 7V shaft? I have a couple of pro stock Sickicks....one with a bad blade and one with a bad shaft. I assume the difference between the K and the V is gen. I vs. II...? While there are 7k replacement blades for sale, should I not assume that the pro models aren't true OPS?

If I didn't want to do the dirty work in pulling them apart and creating one good stick, does anyone know about how much this operation would cost at a LHS?

I'm not at the point where a composite would really help me out, but I've got a couple of AHLer sticks just sitting around and I might as well grow my collection of usable lumber.

Thanks.

Last edited by Chartrand: 01-25-2009 at 04:24 AM.
Chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 12:35 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

most ops arent ops, just a tapered shaft and blade fused and bonded to look like a ops. the 7k is available in a one piece or two piece system. im pretty sure the 7V is just a ccm vector 10 with a different paint job. the obivous answer to why the 7V shaft wont fit the 7K blade is that the shaft isnt tapered, because the blade im pretty sure is

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 12:46 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

vCash: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
most ops arent ops, just a tapered shaft and blade fused and bonded to look like a ops. the 7k is available in a one piece or two piece system. im pretty sure the 7V is just a ccm vector 10 with a different paint job. the obivous answer to why the 7V shaft wont fit the 7K blade is that the shaft isnt tapered, because the blade im pretty sure is
The 7k stick should be tapred as well.

Perhaps you could explain exactly what you're doing. Are you using a store bought shaft or a Cut OPS? if it's a cut OPS, are you flipping it upside down or cutting off the blade and trying to insert it there? Is the blade too large or too small, and how are you trying to insert the blade- are you heating the shaft?

Okay, reading back over it you haven't done anything yet. Okay, first thing is that it's a bonded shaft and blade. With most brands you will not be able to pull them apart. Best you'll be able to do is cut off the blade of the one with the bad blade and put a new blade in there, the one with the bad shaft is trash.

To put the new blade in there you use a hacksaw to cut just above the blade at the point where the shaft is jsut as wide as the hosel (part that goes into the stick) of the tapered blade. then cut a little off at a time until the hole in the shaft is the right width to fit the hosel. at that point, there may still be blade in there that you'll have to clear out. A drill (metal bits are probably safest) and a file are required. Of course, with easton shafts that point is right above where the blade attaches, so it may be the same with RBK. Once you're there, take a heat gun, heat up the shaft and stick the blade in.

Last edited by cptjeff: 01-25-2009 at 12:53 PM.
cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 10:18 PM
ModSquad

7K Sickick = standard OPS (hollow shaft, blade inserted, fused) with standard blade
7V* = Vector 110 construction with thinner blade. The Vector 110s had a hollow shaft, however the hosel was not. It was paired with the blade just like a wood stick is - the shaft is inserted into the blade and stapled/epoxied.

ModSquad is offline   Reply With Quote