HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Sbisa has been reassigned (Feb. 2, 2009 -- post #176 with quotes)

Old
01-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Ri hards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
This is a translation I got:

The defender helvète Luca Sbisa was replaced in his club junior of Hurricanes de Lethbridge in WHL. Sbisa had not played any more since January 10 and its time of ice had strongly decreased since the end of December and its famous episode of the breakdown of alarm clock - it had missed the appointment of l' equip. For recall, it s' was obtained a station with Flyers at the beginning of season mainly thanks to the many wounds within the defensive brigade. It had then become the tenth younger player of l' history has to dispute a match of NHL. In 38 matches of NHL, Sbisa counted 7 assists, a negative assessment of -4 and 36 minutes of penalty. It joined its formation junior which it had taken into account 48 points, including 9 goals, in 81 matches the last season. What had been worth d' to him; to be fished out with the first tower of the last draft in 19th position (1st choice of Flyers). Sbisa (18 years) cannot be placed in AHL because d' a valid contract jusqu' at the end of its age junior (l' year of its 20 years) with Lethbridge in WHL, if he does not play in NHL. It there will touch its wages of NHL all the same, that is to say 875' 000 dollars, but will not appear any more in the wage bill of Flyers. The news n' was not officialized yet.

Okay...here goes my university French for a whirl

The Swiss defenseman Luca Sbisa will be going back to his Junior Club the Lethbridge Hurricanes of the WHL

Sbisa hadn't played since January 10th and his time on ice had fallen steadily since the end of December and his ....ah whatever. You guys get the gist and I have to go eat dinner before I head to the giants game. Also my french fails me to this point of the article.

Ri hards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 06:40 PM
bodangleroo28

I still wont believe it till something from the flyers comes out, pretty disrespectful if they dont make an announcement

bodangleroo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 07:37 AM
Scoopyten

http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app?servi...rs&type=roster

Seems, #47 is still on the Flyers roster.

Scoopyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 08:25 AM
ELab2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSaq View Post
http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app?servi...rs&type=roster

Seems, #47 is still on the Flyers roster.
a poster on another board email Bill Meltzer who said that as far as he knows Sbisa is still with the team and he's been listed with Lethbridge all season

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 08:28 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5775
I know someone that emailed him too and he said couldn't get an answer from the team.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 08:33 AM
Scoopyten

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELab2 View Post
a poster on another board email Bill Meltzer who said that as far as he knows Sbisa is still with the team and he's been listed with Lethbridge all season
I've seen that often, where a kid will be with a NHL club, yet be listed on a CHL roster.

Scoopyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 08:37 AM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSaq View Post
I've seen that often, where a kid will be with a NHL club, yet be listed on a CHL roster.
He's still on Lethbridge's protected list - it happens all the time with 18 year olds who are eligible to return to junior. This year, there are empty spots on a lot of CHL rosters (my OHL team included - friggen Coyotes).

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 08:08 PM
ELab2

SBISA WAS NOT SENT BACK. This according to Kevin Kurz with the Flyers communication staff via flyersphans.com. This is a BS rumor.

Old
01-25-2009, 08:11 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
SBISA WAS NOT SENT BACK. This according to Kevin Kurz with the Flyers communication staff via flyersphans.com. This is a BS rumor.
Damn. I'd love to know how eating popcorn and watching the game isn't effing with his development.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 08:13 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
I really hope hye is actually Sent back. Take what hes learned and improve even more.

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 08:15 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Damn. I'd love to know how eating popcorn and watching the game isn't effing with his development.
I don't know what would piss me off more at this point - sending him back after he's accrued a season towards free agency or having him stay with the team and play sparingly.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 08:16 PM
ELab2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Take what hes learned and improve even more.
I'm just not convinced getting sent back will help him. I think he'll get back in the lineup pretty soon and this break will help him down the stretch. If we were talking about the AHL or a top Euro league I wouldn't mind but he's clearly far beyond WHL caliber players and I don't believe that dominating every night really helps a guys development.

Old
01-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
I'm just not convinced getting sent back will help him. I think he'll get back in the lineup pretty soon and this break will help him down the stretch. If we were talking about the AHL or a top Euro league I wouldn't mind but he's clearly far beyond WHL caliber players and I don't believe that dominating every night really helps a guys development.
He was interviewed a couple weeks ago and he said he doesn't care where he is, he just wants to play. I think he'll be fine if he gets sent back.

Old
01-25-2009, 08:26 PM
ELab2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
He was interviewed a couple weeks ago and he said he doesn't care where he is, he just wants to play. I think he'll be fine if he gets sent back.
I'm not saying he won't be fine, I'm just saying that if he starts playing regularly again in the next two weeks (which is what i expect) it would be MUCH better for him.

Old
01-25-2009, 08:29 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Wait... so Sbisa could have been sent back before he accrued 40 games and it wouldn't have taken a year off his restricted free agency eligability?

I brought that up weeks ago and when I was challenged on it I couldn't find it in the CBA. I subsequently deleted my post beofre I confused the whole board. Where in the CBA does it say that?

Damn, I wish they had sent him down.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 08:47 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Homer is really ******** the bed on this one.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 08:57 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Wait... so Sbisa could have been sent back before he accrued 40 games and it wouldn't have taken a year off his restricted free agency eligability?

I brought that up weeks ago and when I was challenged on it I couldn't find it in the CBA. I subsequently deleted my post beofre I confused the whole board. Where in the CBA does it say that?

Damn, I wish they had sent him down.
Irish Blues provided the section of the CBA earlier in this thread. Check the definitions in Article 1 for the meaning of "accrued season." The section about RFA/UFA eligibility comes somewhere later, can't remember at the moment, but it's not terribly hard to find.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 09:48 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
I'm not saying he won't be fine, I'm just saying that if he starts playing regularly again in the next two weeks (which is what i expect) it would be MUCH better for him.
Agreed, anything is better than sitting around. If he's staying on our roster he has to play. Right now, they're ****ing this up worse than the Downie situation - something I thought was an impossible scenario a few months ago. An 18 year old first round pick has to play.

Old
01-26-2009, 12:09 AM
L-train*

Send a message via AIM to L-train*
I am willing to bet he's going to stay benched until they can dump Jones or another D-man, then he'll start playing a lot again.

The break should be good for him, though... don't think an 18 y/o's body could take 82ish games of abuse. 60 games would be about right for him this season, imho, not including the playoffs.

L-train* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 02:34 AM
Synthetic

Send a message via AIM to Synthetic Send a message via MSN to Synthetic
He really needed to be sent back if he wasn't going to play, so I like the move, but I would kinda rather see him out there than Jones.

But I guess that's what Parent's going to be doing here soon (hopefully). The only reason Luca was even here was because Jones and Parent were out. Now that they're healthy, I can see why they sent him back.

Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 10:55 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

This is hilarious. I'm seriously beginning to doubt Holmgren's management as a GM, much like during 2007. He simply just does not make good decisions.

Old
01-26-2009, 11:06 AM
flyersjamminontheone
In Claude we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
This is hilarious. I'm seriously beginning to doubt Holmgren's management as a GM, much like during 2007. He simply just does not make good decisions.
wow! maybe a little over exaggeration? hope you're Kidding. i think he's doing fine with what he was given. who were we forced to lose? nobody (yet) Oh yeah who is this coburn guy? What has signing timonen and briere done for this team, why didn't we get anything for forsberg? Relax he's doing just fine. so long as he doesn't trde away a potential norris candidate worth d-man, he's ok in my books.

flyersjamminontheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 11:17 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersjamminontheone View Post
wow! maybe a little over exaggeration? hope you're Kidding. i think he's doing fine with what he was given. who were we forced to lose? nobody (yet) Oh yeah who is this coburn guy? What has signing timonen and briere done for this team, why didn't we get anything for forsberg? Relax he's doing just fine. so long as he doesn't trde away a potential norris candidate worth d-man, he's ok in my books.
Coburn fell into his lap. There was no decision to be made there. It's the lesser players that has me concerned. Forsberg-Coburn-Timonen fine. You look at how some of the other players, in and out, have been handled and it leaves much to be desired...and those are the decisions that make you championship caliber. Trading for Eminger. Trading for Modry. Giving Jones a ridiculous contract. Panic trade for Alberts. The way Downie got jerked around. Signing Lupul a year ahead of time. It's simple to throw money at Briere and Timonen when you have it.

Old
01-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersjamminontheone View Post
Lots of cons to go with those pros, you know.

Old
01-26-2009, 11:50 AM
ELab2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
He really needed to be sent back if he wasn't going to play, so I like the move, but I would kinda rather see him out there than Jones.

But I guess that's what Parent's going to be doing here soon (hopefully). The only reason Luca was even here was because Jones and Parent were out. Now that they're healthy, I can see why they sent him back.
They did not send him back