HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2009 All Star Game

Old
01-26-2009, 02:03 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I think you're missing a few guys from Boston.
If Cutty was thinking along my lines, those Boston players were intentionally omitted, just as the Montreal players would be on my list too!

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 02:11 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Well honestly, Brown didnt do a heck of alot during the game to warrant recognition, and, of course, there wasnt a "hardest hit" competition on Saturday for him to demostrate his special skills.

Besides, wasn't it obvious how the whole weekend was geared toward everything being a Montreal Canadiens love-fest, as opposed to an NHL love-fest.

Think of this: How might the fans have reacted if Ovechkin had a Russian flag, or even an American flag, (not a canadian one) stuck in his cap when he did that stupid trick move with two sticks to win the Breakaway challenge? The props and gimmickery made the whole thing look cheap and contrived.

I'm sure it was blast for the players, but something needds to be done to make it more of a competition and less of a Televison spectacle.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 09:50 AM
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
Well honestly, Brown didnt do a heck of alot during the game to warrant recognition, and, of course, there wasnt a "hardest hit" competition on Saturday for him to demostrate his special skills.

Besides, wasn't it obvious how the whole weekend was geared toward everything being a Montreal Canadiens love-fest, as opposed to an NHL love-fest.

Think of this: How might the fans have reacted if Ovechkin had a Russian flag, or even an American flag, (not a canadian one) stuck in his cap when he did that stupid trick move with two sticks to win the Breakaway challenge? The props and gimmickery made the whole thing look cheap and contrived.

I'm sure it was blast for the players, but something needds to be done to make it more of a competition and less of a Televison spectacle.

yea, it really pissed me off that they gave the dumb canadiens players special intros after the rosters were announces and not in numerical order like the rest of the players. i didnt watch last year, but does anyone know if they had the same special treatment for the thrasher players?..

Then booing for all the boston and toronto players. thats horse crap, you shouldnt have to get booed by pathetic fans at a damn all star game. put your damn rivalry aside and be respectful, i guess french canadians dont know the word respect? I even thought Getzlaf should have won that cheap breakaway challenge, at least he made a sic goal, and i haaaaate ducks haha.

anyways, at least they scored a **** ton of goals at the game. i hear the over under was 15. damn i woulda taken that bet!

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 10:34 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRule View Post
yea, it really pissed me off that they gave the dumb canadiens players special intros after the rosters were announces and not in numerical order like the rest of the players. i didnt watch last year, but does anyone know if they had the same special treatment for the thrasher players?..

Then booing for all the boston and toronto players. thats horse crap, you shouldnt have to get booed by pathetic fans at a damn all star game.
I kind of expected all that really. I thought it just made it better when the crowd went from heckling Thomas to cheering when he was making amazing stops in the third.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 10:44 AM
Quattro

Quote:

Then booing for all the boston and toronto players. thats horse crap, you shouldnt have to get booed by pathetic fans at a damn all star game. put your damn rivalry aside and be respectful, i guess french canadians dont know the word respect? I even thought Getzlaf should have won that cheap breakaway challenge, at least he made a sic goal, and i haaaaate ducks haha.

anyways, at least they scored a **** ton of goals at the game. i hear the over under was 15. damn i woulda taken that bet!

Is this the first all-star game you've ever seen? OF COURSE they are going to give special attention to the hometown players, ESPECIALLY in Montreal. And rival players ALWAYS get booed at all-star games. We booed the heck out of Chelios at the game in 2002

Last edited by Quattro: 01-26-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 11:02 AM
sueroe

Quote:

They boo for Boston and Toronto as that rivalry is deep as they are three of the original six. An all star game isn't going to help (and i am not one for booing at anytime), although they did give a lot of respect to Chara and the money raised for his charity, as well like it has been said Thomas won the crowd over. The Boston players seemed to take it in stride and chuckle about it.

In respect to the players, it is their home town, and the fans are devoted to their players, they can also be brutal, but they have a lengthy tradition of winning.
The players were very impressed with the fans and the city for the event. Mark Savard was commenting on how even the practices were at full seating capacity.

I didn't get too excited about some of the competition, but for me the game was fantastic, especially in the third and OT when it was clear each team wanted to win.

sueroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 11:14 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Nobody commented on the cirque de soleil crap before the game? What goes better with a rough, fast, violent sport than gymnasts hanging from sheets playing musical instruments? Way to go NHL. First thing I thought when I saw that was Bettman is going to ban fighting.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
I watched part of the '81 all star game (link is posted on Hammond's blog) and they did the same thing for the Triple Crown line in LA that year. That doesn't seem like a big deal.. it was for the home crowd.

I also noticed that in the '81 all star game, the players actually were playing.. check etc.

Buddy The Elf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 12:13 PM
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
I also have to add that I am now a fan of Marc Savard. He seems like a really cool guy. Kinda funny too

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote