HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Weight to Columbus

Old
01-25-2009, 11:16 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
Weights worth to me a 2nd rounder or a 2nd tier prospect in our system.

Doug19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 11:20 PM
Peter Griffin

vCash: 500
What about Will Weber? He's big(6'4") and was drafted in the 2nd round a couple years ago. I don't know anything about him, just trying to put a name to the rumour Darth mentioned.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 11:45 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougRiffle View Post
Weights worth to me a 2nd rounder or a 2nd tier prospect in our system.

This is about where i see his market value too. Maybe a second rounder, maybe a second tier prospect. If he returns slightly less than that, I don't think I'd be shocked either.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 08:25 AM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
I don't even know what you are trying to get at here, but I never claimed that my post was anything more than MY OPINION. If anything, you were the one presenting your OPINION as if it were cold hard fact.

That said, Chris Botta (www.islanderspointblank.com) who has a bit more inside information (i.e., not just OPINION) than you or I, reported that the Isles and BJ's had reached a tenative agreement on a "big defense prospect." There is reasonable chance that was Ruth or Methot. So, in this case, my OPINION at least has the weight of some evidence.

I can't say I have the energy to sort through the archives, but you can go to that site and find what Botta knows about the subject.

All that not withsstanding, if I were to take the perspective of a BJ's fan, I wouldn't want to see any of those prospects moved for a band-aid like Weight either.
Clearly Botta is well connected. However, from all the scuttlebutt in Columbus I get the impression they would be looking for something a little bigger with the higher potential for long term.

That being said, I could see Ruth being "the guy". He looks to be a good prospect
and Columbus has plenty of defensive defenseman. Another guy that fits the description that I haven't seen mentioned is Tollefson. OKT is big, physical and a defensive defenseman. Kind of like a Brooks Orpik type player. OKT, Methot, Klesla or Ruth are the most likely to be moved. Klesla has an attractive contract so I think he offers a little more value. Methot has played the best at this point and is coming up on RFA with arbitration rights I think. Ruth has another 2 years at Notre Dame and OKT has one year left I think.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 08:31 AM
ColumbusMadCow

a second rounder for weight is probably going to be the deal. howson has said that hes not going to be dealing any of our young talent,(methot) but if its a deal worth dipping into he might pull the trigger but its not likely.

ColumbusMadCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 10:46 AM
Darth Milbury

I have to admit that I totally agree with the Columbus fans in this thread.

One other issue to keep in mind is that Botta was talking about a tentative deal INVOLVING a big defense prospect. That doesn't mean Weight would be all the Isles give up. I wouldn't be surprised, for example, to see Snow package one of the three 2nd ronders that the Isles have for the right player.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote