HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Another Koivu saga....

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Another Koivu saga....

It was played yesterday on RDS, (we saw images of it) CKAC (Lajoie) talks about it this morning, and I'm so sure it will be talked tonight......, Koivu was practicing in Brossard over the weekend and there was a Mascot events with a lot of kids at the other rink over there. For whatever reason, Koivu had to skate through that rink to go some place else and obviously most kids over there recognized him and cheered for him......Saku didn't do anything....just passed by and didn't address the fans....

Don't shoot the messenger....just something to talk about I guess before the next game....

I do believe that he should've at least waved at them.....but nothing to ask for him to be traded for Jim Montgomery or something...

Old
01-26-2009, 11:31 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50

Old
01-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Mats NAslund

So why no hate from the media when Vincent Lecavalier didn't acknowlege the crowds ovations in both the skills and All Start game? I'll tell you why, because he's French.

God, when will the media in MOntreal learn that this is type of **** that scares players from wanting to sign in Montreal as free agents. Even the home town boys are reluctant to play in Montreal....

What a joke!

Old
01-26-2009, 11:39 AM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

:boring:

Old
le_sean

Maybe he was just trying to be low key. The French media is going to be all over him. Spending millions on a PET scanner that was the first in Montreal and has actually saved lives will probably be omitted from their memories.

Old
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
It was played yesterday on RDS, (we saw images of it) CKAC (Lajoie) talks about it this morning, and I'm so sure it will be talked tonight......, Koivu was practicing in Brossard over the weekend and there was a Mascot events with a lot of kids at the other rink over there. For whatever reason, Koivu had to skate through that rink to go some place else and obviously most kids over there recognized him and cheered for him......Saku didn't do anything....just passed by and didn't address the fans....

Don't shoot the messenger....just something to talk about I guess before the next game....

I do believe that he should've at least waved at them.....but nothing to ask for him to be traded for Jim Montgomery or something...
ITS SIMPLE.

Lecavalier ,Lecavalier,Lecavalier vs Saku "C" = Lecavalier

expect more of this stuff .Again IF Vinny ever does come here then the focus will be why isnt he captain?(you know it will be)So there is the big problem and MAYBE the reason you will see "some" trying to stir up petty crap(hoping) it helps open the door for one to come ,and the other to leave.

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 01-26-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old
01-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Mustafa*

Koivu is a human. A human is mammal that lives in society, humans differ in functions and apperance, the most typical trait of human is its identity he tends to protect it at all cost and drives him toward models and call him to do marvelous things. In Belgium, a country where the amount of human per inches is the highest in the world, there was a Belgian human who went into a kindergarden and killed two small humans specimens and another tall human specimen.

This event tend to prove that the image we identify with when we say the word "human" must be incorect. I am a human and i can say that i did wrost things than the human JC Lafag is refring to, i still consider myself a good and fair human who deserve to be respected. Therefor, the human Koivu is someone i still respect even after the event you are refering to.

Old
01-26-2009, 11:47 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Boring story if they try and make it into something.

Old
01-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Bill McNeal

I think I'm going to put this thread on ignore.

There's such a high in the city after such a wonderful All-Star weekend, and it would be a shame for it to be dragged down over some petty BS.

Old
01-26-2009, 11:53 AM
SAKS AVENUE

Maybe he was hurt? Maybe he just got terrible news? Maybe he's sick and was about to puke?

What is the deal with the media? They eventually are going to destroy the Montreal Canadiens if they haven't already.

Old
01-26-2009, 11:55 AM
Fozz

Lajoie has a vendetta against Koivu and it's not even funny.

Old
01-26-2009, 11:58 AM
7th Player

Maybe he was just having a bad day! That happens to hockey players too!

Montreal Media :

Old
01-26-2009, 12:00 PM
habfan4

The obvious solution is for Koivu to be burned at the stake or perhaps we could all tune out the white noise that seems to flow from certain self important members of the media.

Old
01-26-2009, 12:05 PM
Jigger77

Question is, other than a really annoying nasally voice and the opinions of a 6 year old, what has JC Lajoie contributed to the city of Montreal?

Old
01-26-2009, 12:06 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Jean-Charles, if you are reading this...you are a moron, a fat dumbass and a loser. You suck, everyone knows it and even you know it.

Old
01-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Jean-Charles, if you are reading this...you are a moron, a fat dumbass and a loser. You suck, everyone knows it and even you know it.
He's being told that every days and he still grows in ignorance. But what you said is just true.

Old
01-26-2009, 12:19 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Probably the best post of all time.

Old
01-26-2009, 12:26 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post
Maybe he was hurt? Maybe he just got terrible news? Maybe he's sick and was about to puke?

What is the deal with the media? They eventually are going to destroy the Montreal Canadiens if they haven't already.
It's not the media's fault.

It's the idiots who listen to biased media.

Biased media would wither and die if there were no-one to listen.

Old
01-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
A+

Old
01-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Ginoro

Sometimes, I wish I was born in a city like Phoenix or Los Angeles so that way, I could just cheer for my team peacefully, read a few blog here and there to get some news about my team and not having to worry about that kind of drama that the medias are trying to start or read the moronic fans that post on rds talkbacks or guys like J-C Lajoie and Gaston Therrien who constantly bash on the same players in most cases for absolutely no reasons other than that they're not french...

Life would probably be alot more enjoyable as a hockey fan

Old
01-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
It's not the media's fault.

It's the idiots who listen to biased media.

Biased media would wither and die if there were no-one to listen.
I disagree. To an extent anyway.

I have two preset channels in my car when I feel like listening to sports-talk radio. CKAC and the Team 990. Why? because they are the only two that I know of. That's the problem. The media is monopolized.

One thing I should mention is that I was listening in last night and the guy on air (Martin) was really good. Very level headed and actually immediately shot down a claim by a caller that somehow Kovy's performance will impede Koivu's play (a rediculous assumption indeed). So I suppose you are right in a way. You can always change the channel when someone annoying comes on air. Kind of like you do when Simple Plan plays between periods at the Bell Center. Trouble is, often times it's that crap or nothing at all.

Old
01-26-2009, 12:33 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

It's ridiculous how much dead weight the Montreal media has. If RDS were not exclusive in showing Habs games I'd never watch their channel.

Old
01-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

OMG!!!!!

Why can't people understand that sometimes hockey stars have more to do than just stand around and sign autographs and wave at fans!!! A lot of these players have families that they like to spend time with too. Maybe Koivu hurried past his fans so he could get his practice over with so he could go home and spend time with his family and friends over the Allstar Break!!!

It's sooooooooooooo stupid how an article like this can make the papers and make Koivu look bad. The media in Quebec all need to have their heads examined. They need to start posting positive stuff once in a while instead of bashing the sh** out of hockey players for doing nothing wrong.

Old
01-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
OMG!!!!!

Why can't people understand that sometimes hockey stars have more to do than just stand around and sign autographs and wave at fans!!! A lot of these players have families that they like to spend time with too. Maybe Koivu hurried past his fans so he could get his practice over with so he could go home and spend time with his family and friends over the Allstar Break!!!

It's sooooooooooooo stupid how an article like this can make the papers and make Koivu look bad. The media in Quebec all need to have their heads examined. They need to start posting positive stuff once in a while instead of bashing the sh** out of hockey players for doing nothing wrong.
Funny thing is that as much as the medias can't wait for Koivu to go....they'll miss him terribly...what are they going to talk about then? They surely hope that Kovalev stays if Koivu goes...losing both guys will be devastating for them...

Old
01-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
OMG!!!!!

Ya..and maybe he signed and waved for an hour before they started rolling the cameras too..

Not surprise to see Jumbo Fat Head JC jump on that story though..

Closed Thread