HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Kovy's wheels

Old
01-26-2009, 11:18 AM
Artyukhin*

vCash: 500
Kovy's wheels

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/...b-86782254e690

it ended with Kovalev accepting the keys to a new truck, awarded to the most valuable player of the 57th NHL All-Star Game. Kovy's donating the wheels to charity

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 11:28 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 11:40 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Nice of him to donate it. Sure it wil do some good and he I am also sure he drives something much nicer!!

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 12:18 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

This is what I told my Mom would likely happen, right after he won it.

I'm sure he's got a better car than that. I doubt any player would actually keep it except possibly as a gift for a family member.

01-26-2009, 12:20 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post

I'm sure he's got a better car than that. I doubt any player would actually keep it except possibly as a gift for a family member.
That's what happens most of the time. I remember reading in the past that Gretzky used to give any car he won to one of his brothers or team mates.

01-26-2009, 12:33 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post

ya that truck has to be worth near 45- 50 grand. Shes no piece of junk

http://www.honda.ca/HondaCA2006/Mode...efault.asp?L=E

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Hes blasted allot in this city when he doesn't perform well but Alex always gives,a great person

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Nice of him to donate it. Sure it wil do some good and he I am also sure he drives something much nicer!!
Yes he does:

If I legally change my name to Charity, will he give it to me?

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 12:56 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
Not if I beat you to it!

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 12:57 PM
Toro

I'd give away that piece of junk too. Why any canadian or American would buy an overseas car in this day and age is beyond me. I can understand if you want to buy a rolls royce or something like that but an everyday automobile?

Yes I work at Chryslers and yes i want to keep my job. Thats why my plant in Windsor is one of the best quality and profitable factories anywhere. We work our butts off to make great cars and change people's perceptions about North American built cars.

If the reason to buy a car is quality, then look no further than Chryslers cause our quality is up there with the best of them. Our lineup is the best ever.

With everyone wondering what they can do to help our economy, try to buy goods made in Canada or the US. I know it is difficult to find products made here but it really helps. We have done this to ourselves by buying overseas products to the point that most products are made elsewhere now and we have an ever so shrinking supply of good paying full time manufacturing jobs.

We as a nation should demand higher minimum wages for hard working adults trying to raise a family. No Person over 30 working full time in this country should make less than $15-$20 an hour.

Places like Mc Donalds should be forced to pay their employees much more as they make their billions of dollars on us while supplying us with crappy food.

Our economy needs more high paying manufacturing jobs not less.

If we keep losing our manufacturing sector in this country there will be no getting it back. We will become a nation with Natural resources and little else. And in the next 10 years when oil becomes less and less needed as we start to drive hybrids and all electric cars, our economy will take another huge blow.

Start buying domestic products!!

rant rant

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 12:58 PM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
Hmmm... sounds like a stripper name. Think Kovy hangs out a lot at Chez Paré. It would explains why he loves Montreal so much

jnthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 01:09 PM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Not if I beat you to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnthomas View Post
Hmmm... sounds like a stripper name. Think Kovy hangs out a lot at Chez Paré. It would explains why he loves Montreal so much
i can think of many other reasons why guys love Montreal (most being the clubs)

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 01:10 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
I'd give away that piece of junk too. Why any canadian or American would buy an overseas car in this day and age is beyond me. I can understand if you want to buy a rolls royce or something like that but an everyday automobile?

Yes I work at Chryslers and yes i want to keep my job. Thats why my plant in Windsor is one of the best quality and profitable factories anywhere. We work our butts off to make great cars and change people's perceptions about North American built cars.

If the reason to buy a car is quality, then look no further than Chryslers cause our quality is up there with the best of them. Our lineup is the best ever.

With everyone wondering what they can do to help our economy, try to buy goods made in Canada or the US. I know it is difficult to find products made here but it really helps. We have done this to ourselves by buying overseas products to the point that most products are made elsewhere now and we have an ever so shrinking supply of good paying full time manufacturing jobs.

We as a nation should demand higher minimum wages for hard working adults trying to raise a family. No Person over 30 working full time in this country should make less than $15-$20 an hour.

Places like Mc Donalds should be forced to pay their employees much more as they make their billions of dollars on us while supplying us with crappy food.

If we keep losing our manufacturing sector in this country there will be no getting it back. We will become a nation with Natural resources and little else. And in the next 10 years when oil becomes less and less needed as we start to drive hybrids and all electric cars, our economy will take another huge blow.

rant rant
Too many car buyers have been screwed over royally by the big three in the past years that it's hard to take your rant seriously. You know, just because you say Chrysler makes good cars doesn't mean the rest of them are junk. And asking anyone to buy a local product just because it'll save your job (which it won't, long term) is not a good enough reason. BTW, for me, a car made in the US is not a domestic product.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 01:20 PM
Go Habs Go

Quote:

rant rant
I respect your opinion and hope that the bad economy and the bad state of the American car companies don't affect your job but I would never buy an American car in my life.

These guys have been ripping us off for year giving us inferior products for high prices. Cars that are made to fall apart. If you look at the durability of an Accord or a Camry compared to its Ford/GM/Chrysler equivalent, the big three is spitting in our faces. They make gas guzzling cars, irresponsible handling of natural resources and then they have the audacity to put the blame on Americans and Canadians "wanting" gas guzzlers.

I don't hope for people to lose their jobs but I hope 3 new American car companies to surface and destroy the big three.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 01:34 PM
Vodka_Tonic

if a product is faulty already in design, you can work as hard as you want during the actual production process. in the end, it will still be faulty. sad but true.

Vodka_Tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 01:38 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
ya that truck has to be worth near 45- 50 grand. Shes no piece of junk

http://www.honda.ca/HondaCA2006/Mode...efault.asp?L=E
While true, I doubt he needs it.

As for the Gretzky thing, I heard the same thing about him giving them away.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 01:55 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodka_Tonic View Post
if a product is faulty already in design, you can work as hard as you want during the actual production process. in the end, it will still be faulty. sad but true.
This. I don't think anyone believes the actual assembly workers are to blame for the quality of cars. At least, I certainly don't. But why would I buy a GM when the last GM our family owned was such a piece of junk it was like the company itself was punching us in the jaw. And Consumer Reports rates Chrysler cars to generally be worse than GM's. (article describing the results from the CR mag I have).

My Volkswagen has been an amazing car, and continues to be. You generally -- nowadays, anyway -- only get 1 shot with cars (except for the people who buy domestically like lemmings), so it's always been surprising to me how these companies could continue to produce such terrible cars.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Slippy13

Quote:

rant rant
While I completely understand your point and find it really unfortunate that many are losing jobs, saying chryslers quality is equivalent to its European or Japanese counterparts is laughable. Have they made big strides in the last few years to raise quality? Yes. Have they built quality vehicles for a long enough time period to WARRANT people chosing their cars over others? Hell no.

The Big 3 screwed themselves over, never being able to build anything through the late 80s, 90s and into the 2000's that was more than just mediocre in every aspect. They never even seemed to care about raising their standards. THIS is the reason people buy cars from overseas. Remember, the people buying the car are living with the same economy and naturally want the best bang for their buck, they won't settle for lower quality at the same price. And so the vicious cycle you implied begins....

Edit: Hmm, this isn't a car forum

Slippy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 02:15 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy13 View Post
While I completely understand your point and find it really unfortunate that many are losing jobs, saying chryslers quality is equivalent to its European or Japanese counterparts is laughable. Have they made big strides in the last few years to raise quality? Yes. Have they built quality vehicles for a long enough time period to WARRANT people chosing their cars over others? Hell no.

The Big 3 screwed themselves over, never being able to build anything through the late 80s, 90s and into the 2000's that was more than just mediocre in every aspect. They never even seemed to care about raising their standards. THIS is the reason people buy cars from overseas. Remember, the people buying the car are living with the same economy and naturally want the best bang for their buck, they won't settle for lower quality at the same price. And so the vicious cycle you implied begins....

Edit: Hmm, this isn't a car forum
Haha..thanks Slippy13, I thought I was in the wrong forum for a second.

Alright boys & girls, let's try and get this one back on topic.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 02:19 PM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
I don't think I recall seeing Kovalev so proud and happy during the season like I saw him at the All Star. Good for him, he deserves it (even if this years his point total dropped a little). And to be the first russian to be named captain of an all star team, even better.

jnthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 02:49 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
Quality. Nobody wants a domestic POS that is worth only $2000 in 5 years time!

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 02:57 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/...b-86782254e690

it ended with Kovalev accepting the keys to a new truck, awarded to the most valuable player of the 57th NHL All-Star Game. Kovy's donating the wheels to charity
Hockey players as a rule are a generous bunch, and usually don't want a whole lot of attention for being that way...When Theo was traded, Kovy took over the box that Theo bought, at 450K per year, so alot of underprivileged kids could go see the Habs...the guy is a class act...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 02:58 PM
suprez

Kovy said it already . That he will sell it and give the money for his foundation.

suprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 03:02 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprez View Post
Kovy said it already . That he will sell it and give the money for his foundation.
He should do it up all Habs pimpin' style and then sell it.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 03:05 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Hockey players as a rule are a generous bunch, and usually don't want a whole lot of attention for being that way...When Theo was traded, Kovy took over the box that Theo bought, at 450K per year, so alot of underprivileged kids could go see the Habs...the guy is a class act...
Half a Million for a box?..that seems a whole lot.

Damn i can't wait to be a millionaire!

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote