HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Another Koivu saga....

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2009, 12:41 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
This is ****ing ridiculous.

That asshat is an embarassement to legitimate media.

Old
01-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Mustafa*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Funny thing is that as much as the medias can't wait for Koivu to go....they'll miss him terribly...what are they going to talk about then? They surely hope that Kovalev stays if Koivu goes...losing both guys will be devastating for them...
Trash talking about Laraque? This guy must be praying that Koivu sign another year with the team.

Old
01-26-2009, 12:43 PM
lou4gehrig

Don't Finnish people (and Scandanavian people in general) show less outward emotion than North American peoples? It's just their culture.

Old
01-26-2009, 12:47 PM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
Don't Finnish people (and Scandanavian people in general) show less outward emotion than North American peoples? It's just their culture.
Yeah, it's insanely difficult to get koivu to show emotion, he's exactly like Gainey.

Old
01-26-2009, 12:50 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
I disagree. To an extent anyway.

I have two preset channels in my car when I feel like listening to sports-talk radio. CKAC and the Team 990. Why? because they are the only two that I know of. That's the problem. The media is monopolized.

One thing I should mention is that I was listening in last night and the guy on air (Martin) was really good. Very level headed and actually immediately shot down a claim by a caller that somehow Kovy's performance will impede Koivu's play (a rediculous assumption indeed). So I suppose you are right in a way. You can always change the channel when someone annoying comes on air. Kind of like you do when Simple Plan plays between periods at the Bell Center. Trouble is, often times it's that crap or nothing at all.
There are two things people cand o if they do not enjoy what they hear:

1. Don't listen to it. Like I said.
2. Complain. No-one ever puts in complaints. Everyone says CBC sucks and whines about the Toronto bias, but never puts in a complaint into a publicly owned company. If enough people share your opinion, things get done. People complained about Toronto bias, and guess what? Despite losing viewership, CBC is now showing less Leaf games.

Legislations have been changed with less than 1,000 people putting in complaints. If you hate hearing some tool be xenophobic and insulting, just complain.

Old
01-26-2009, 12:50 PM
CH4

I understand that people here wants to defend him and all, but, as a captain of the montreal canadiens, going through the ice in a rink full of kids that are crazy about the team, the least you can do is to lift your stick and waive hand. I believe it isn't a great effort, even if, as someone mentionned, he was on a bad day.

that said, if the media talk about that for days, they overreact.

It is not a big deal. But still, he could have make the least of efforts and make hundreds kid's day memorable.

Old
01-26-2009, 12:55 PM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Did this really happen, or is it only Lajoie who believes it happened? The guy does next to ZERO checking on sources so I fear we must do it for him.

Old
01-26-2009, 01:00 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
There are two things people cand o if they do not enjoy what they hear:

1. Don't listen to it. Like I said.
2. Complain. No-one ever puts in complaints. Everyone says CBC sucks and whines about the Toronto bias, but never puts in a complaint into a publicly owned company. If enough people share your opinion, things get done. People complained about Toronto bias, and guess what? Despite losing viewership, CBC is now showing less Leaf games.

Legislations have been changed with less than 1,000 people putting in complaints. If you hate hearing some tool be xenophobic and insulting, just complain.
Can't disagree with that.

Old
01-26-2009, 01:02 PM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnthomas View Post
Did this really happen, or is it only Lajoie who believes it happened? The guy does next to ZERO checking on sources so I fear we must do it for him.
I saw it on RDS

Old
01-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Koivu eats babies. Koivu doesn't play with food.

Old
01-26-2009, 01:05 PM
MayorFord

Lajoie is always trying to stir up **** with the euros on our team. i hate that ****ing fat lard.

Old
01-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Bronto Dan

Man look for Réjaune to jump on the Jean-Chiotte bandwagon!! He must be touching himself while listening to Lajoie bashing Koivu!!

Old
01-26-2009, 01:19 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Betcha they didn't bash Lafleur for missing curfews every day.

Old
01-26-2009, 01:21 PM
gillyguzzler

I'd like to see Jean-Charles wabble into the Habs dressing room and try to interview the players face to face. Fat man whose never played with anything resembling a puck would probably be eating a few.

Maybe Fat man should go to a local hospital and do a report about the charity work that Koivu and Kovalev do. Sure, they're rich, but I wonder if Fat man donates the same percentage of his time and income to children's causes... didn't think so, Fat man.

Old
01-26-2009, 01:24 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Lafleur was quoted in that Habs documentary as saying he was never busted for curfew while he was a Hab. But only because he got in too late, so the coaching staff was already asleep.

01-26-2009, 01:25 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Ya..and maybe he signed and waved for an hour before they started rolling the cameras too..

Not surprise to see Jumbo Fat Head JC jump on that story though..

Yeah thats true too....who knows eh??

I tend to ignore anything that the media in Quebec has to say about the Habs players and the team in general. They are way too negative and they're content on posting a false story just to get people talking.

How come they can't support the Canadiens and their players instead of making things difficult for them. The players are under enough pressure playing in a city like Montreal, they don't need to have rumours and false stories going around about them....it just makes everything that much more frusterating and annoying.

They media ruins EVERYTHING!!!! Not just in sports. They ruin everything because they are only giving THEIR interpretation of the story.....doesn't mean its true or false, but its just the media's opinion in most cases.

Old
01-26-2009, 01:25 PM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
WTF does that have to do with the current case?

Do you think no players today miss curfews?

I don't see the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
I'd like to see Jean-Charles wabble into the Habs dressing room and try to interview the players face to face. Fat man whose never played with anything resembling a puck would probably be eating a few.

Maybe Fat man should go to a local hospital and do a report about the charity work that Koivu and Kovalev do. Sure, they're rich, but I wonder if Fat man donates the same percentage of his time and income to children's causes... didn't think so, Fat man.

you're right. He is a fat ******* and he should do a report on the charity they do. And they aren't perfect, and Saku made a mistake on that one, end of story.

Old
01-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Puckhead58*

Is it any wonder Montreal has such a hard time attracting free agents. Between having to deal with the media and the higher taxes the players pay, its basically the last choice for NHL players.

You would think since Montreal is the most historic place to play and has the greatest team in the history of the NHL....you'd think it would be most players first choice to play in Montreal...but since the Media ruins everything....nobody wants to go there and deal with that crap.

Old
01-26-2009, 01:28 PM
NonoRobot

I don't care if Koivu does charity work, if he gets paid millions or had a bad day. All he had to do is wave to the fans, but he skated without even blinking, like the fans weren't there. I like Koivu, but yesterday he did act like an @**.

Old
01-26-2009, 01:29 PM
Habs

The irony lost in all this, is Koivu was probably at the sick children's ward before practice.

Old
01-26-2009, 01:32 PM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
Is it any wonder Montreal has such a hard time attracting free agents. Between having to deal with the media and the higher taxes the players pay, its basically the last choice for NHL players.

You would think since Montreal is the most historic place to play and has the greatest team in the history of the NHL....you'd think it would be most players first choice to play in Montreal...but since the Media ruins everything....nobody wants to go there and deal with that crap.
yeah right, the media ruins everything.

No one wants to play here, that is why as soon as they have a chance, players leave, i.e. Koivu, Markov, Kovalev, Hamrlik, Laraque.

Media aren't as powerful as you seem to think.

Old
01-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
The irony lost in all this, is Koivu was probably at the sick children's ward before practice.
Come on now, it's already exhausting work to find a way to ***** and complain about a player that does more for charity in a single day than to go out and pour soup into a bowl at the local soup kitchen for a couple years.

Old
01-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Phailak

What really sucks is how they throw this kind of thing out there. This is probably something very easy to validate through sources but what this feels like is Bozo seeing a clip on RIS and giving his interpretation of what he saw without research or making a few calls. We have enough of that from fans calling in, to get it from someone who's job it is to report stuff to the fans is really unprofessional. Now someone is going to bring it up before or after next game in an ambush type question and once more I'm sure Saku is going to be like WTF...
Dumbass: "Hey Saku, good game tonight."
Saku: "Thanks, I'm glad we were able to get the two points."
Dumbass: "So I guess you were concentrating on the game when you omitted to wave to the sick kids at Brossard?"

Old
01-26-2009, 01:42 PM
number 11

obviously the more they push for vinny, the more they'll be against saku.

like when RDS celebrated saku's return by showing how well the team has been doing without him during his injury.

ugh. i can't wait until the day TSN/CBC combine to start showing every habs game, i'll never watch RDS again.

Old
01-26-2009, 01:47 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Seriously, what the hell does this guy do to have a job?

Villeneuve is retarded,but at least he's Michel Villeneuve.

Yvon Pednault's show is quite good.

Ron Fournier is entertaining.

All i've heard from JC Lajoie is stupidity and non verified information. He's on players back for nothing. I was so glad when Laraque called before the pre-season and shut his mouth.

Closed Thread