HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Another Koivu saga....

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2009, 01:51 PM
CH4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Seriously, what the hell does this guy do to have a job?

Villeneuve is retarded,but at least he's Michel Villeneuve.

Yvon Pednault's show is quite good.

Ron Fournier is entertaining.

All i've heard from JC Lajoie is stupidity and non verified information. He's on players back for nothing. I was so glad when Laraque called before the pre-season and shut his mouth.
he won a contest ala vj recherché.

Old
01-26-2009, 02:20 PM
GlobalNews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Koivu is a human. A human is mammal that lives in society, humans differ in functions and apperance, the most typical trait of human is its identity he tends to protect it at all cost and drives him toward models and call him to do marvelous things. In Belgium, a country where the amount of human per inches is the highest in the world, there was a Belgian human who went into a kindergarden and killed two small humans specimens and another tall human specimen.

This event tend to prove that the image we identify with when we say the word "human" must be incorect. I am a human and i can say that i did wrost things than the human JC Lafag is refring to, i still consider myself a good and fair human who deserve to be respected. Therefor, the human Koivu is someone i still respect even after the event you are refering to.

"Mr Madison, what you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Old
01-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by cue_meanie View Post
"Mr Madison, what you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Old
01-26-2009, 03:11 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post

NOTHING EVER REALLY DIES!!

Old
01-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cue_meanie View Post

Old
01-26-2009, 03:31 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
So why no hate from the media when Vincent Lecavalier didn't acknowlege the crowds ovations in both the skills and All Start game? I'll tell you why, because he's French.

God, when will the media in MOntreal learn that this is type of **** that scares players from wanting to sign in Montreal as free agents. Even the home town boys are reluctant to play in Montreal....

What a joke!
I personnaly think your e-mail is infraction material , but thats not the point.

Saku koivu should have waived at the kids . Not because he had to , because he's the flippin captain . He probably didn't think it was filmed ... and he just didn't care. In his job description , as being captain of the montreal canadiens, he has to show the fans some recognition and behave like a gentlemen , especially when it has PR written all over it.

To say that lecavalier didn't do anything is just harsh and ignorant. From the first to the last minute of the week end, he signed autograph, stated his love for the fans here in mtl , said that we had the best city , the best fans, and went with kovy and komi to the hospital to inaugurate the the Pat lafontaine game zone. He had a hell of a week end, and if you add that to everything he had to face in the past couple of weeks, he gave us more than any other player at the ASG.

To say that because he's french , he's beyond criticism is just racist man. I'm sick and tired of ignorants like you who think every french canadian wakes up in the morning with the only goal of burning the parliament and hating saku koivu. In fact , when I see posts like yours and retarded 1838 anti-french imperialist thinking , it does makes me want to burn that parliament and hate saku koivu.

GTFO

Old
01-26-2009, 03:44 PM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post
I personnaly think your e-mail is infraction material , but thats not the point.

Saku koivu should have waived at the kids . Not because he had to , because he's the flippin captain . He probably didn't think it was filmed ... and he just didn't care. In his job description , as being captain of the montreal canadiens, he has to show the fans some recognition and behave like a gentlemen , especially when it has PR written all over it.

To say that lecavalier didn't do anything is just harsh and ignorant. From the first to the last minute of the week end, he signed autograph, stated his love for the fans here in mtl , said that we had the best city , the best fans, and went with kovy and komi to the hospital to inaugurate the the Pat lafontaine game zone. He had a hell of a week end, and if you add that to everything he had to face in the past couple of weeks, he gave us more than any other player at the ASG.

To say that because he's french , he's beyond criticism is just racist man. I'm sick and tired of ignorants like you who think every french canadian wakes up in the morning with the only goal of burning the parliament and hating saku koivu. In fact , when I see posts like yours and retarded 1838 anti-french imperialist thinking , it does makes me want to burn that parliament and hate saku koivu.

GTFO

Old
01-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Artyukhin*

Is there a lawyer out there?

Maybe they can sue Saku for not waiving to the kids

that will learn him

Old
01-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Dr. Charles

Quote:

GTFO
I salute your response.

I'll add that I think that being a captain means that there is some stuff you have to do. If you don't "feel" like doing it, if you have "problems" or "forgot" or you're "shy" or "tired" any other blabla/excuses we hear about every small thing happening around our captain maybe it's time for him to do just like Eric Desjardins did a few years ago, give back his "C".

I'm not saying Koivu should give back his "C". I just think he has a choice. Either he does everything that comes with the role or he quits at doing it.

Old
01-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Charles View Post
I salute your response.

I'll add that I think that being a captain means that there is some stuff you have to do. If you don't "feel" like doing it, if you have "problems" or "forgot" or you're "shy" or "tired" any other blabla/excuses we hear about every small thing happening around our captain maybe it's time for him to do just like Eric Desjardins did a few years ago, give back his "C".

I'm not saying Koivu should give back his "C". I just think he has a choice. Either he does everything that comes with the role or he quits at doing it.
He does everything a captain should do and more.

This is nothing more than the same song and dance from the same idiots. JC being the main one. He definitely stirs stuff up all the time and in my opininon should be removed from the air immediately.

Koivu is a leader, he is extremely involved in the community, loved by his peers, a fighter and an example to us all.

You or I don't know the full story behind these asinine, ill-intended and rediculous accusations. It's hurtful, deliberate and continuous from certain sources. It's harmful to the individual, to the team and to the city's reputation and image and personally it infuriates me.

Koivu is everything that a captain has to and should be and more. JC is a wannabe who won a constest and who has never done anything but draw attention to himself on the air.

Old
01-26-2009, 03:58 PM
Mr San Diego Hab
Mosdell = Cup Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginoro View Post
Sometimes, I wish I was born in a city like Phoenix or Los Angeles so that way, I could just cheer for my team peacefully, read a few blog here and there to get some news about my team and not having to worry about that kind of drama that the medias are trying to start or read the moronic fans that post on rds talkbacks or guys like J-C Lajoie and Gaston Therrien who constantly bash on the same players in most cases for absolutely no reasons other than that they're not french...

Life would probably be alot more enjoyable as a hockey fan
I have often wondered if some of the fans in Montreal think this way...just too much drama. I guess its good and bad...lots of passion for the team and the game, but you also have to deal with all the crap that goes with it.
That’s enough from me...I am off to the beach.

Old
01-26-2009, 04:01 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSDHab View Post
I have often wondered if some of the fans in Montreal think this way...just too much drama. I guess its good and bad...lots of passion for the team and the game, but you also have to deal with all the crap that goes with it.
That’s enough from me...I am off to the beach.
You just had to say that you were going to the beach did you.

Damn you!!

Old
01-26-2009, 04:04 PM
Haddock

If anyone on that team deserves the benefit of the doubt it's Saku. I have a real hard time imagining Koivu going pass a bunch of kids and acting like Ovechkin receiving a trophy from a child during the skill competitions and not even looking at him. I didn't see it though. Were the images really that bad or can it be totally misinterpreted like it usually is?

Old
01-26-2009, 04:09 PM
habdynasty

Koivu should have to babysit every french kid in the city!

Old
01-26-2009, 04:22 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Lajoie has a vendetta against Koivu and it's not even funny.
He wants Koivu to be traded and has a vendetta against BGL.

He basicaly invent stuff up to fill his radio show.

Old
01-26-2009, 04:22 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:

GTFO
huh...

You know Saku do sign autographs from time to time too right ? you also know he's involved in charity, goes to Ste Justine every Christmas and all that... you know that right ?

So, what's that BS you're spewing ? Saku was seen (clip is how long ?) not "acknowledging" kids... so what ? it never happens to Vinny ? or Kovy ? or any other stars ?

True, it has nothing to do with the french factor, but the whole thing does show the medias are more interested in controversy than anything though...

Not waving at crowd like Vinny, not aknowledging kids like Saku... theses things happen every single day in sports... it's no big deal.

Shouldnt base our judgement on a less than 5 sec. clip anyway, for all we know the kids all had their t-shirt/Habs jersey/etc signed before the "camera started rolling" and that's the reason they went "crazy"... or maybe he was late ? or there was something setup for the kids for after the practice ?

who knows... and who cares ?

Old
01-26-2009, 04:24 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:

GTFO
+1

Old
01-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:

GTFO

Old
01-26-2009, 04:44 PM
madbox

The clip they showed was like four seconds long and he was coming off the ice fiddling with his blade. Of course predictably some have their agendas, CUE THE CONTROVERSY!!

Old
01-26-2009, 04:53 PM
Artie

Quote:

GTFO
very well said...

and let's keep in mind that regardless of lingustic lines, many in the media draw on this type of contreversy in order to generate calls and discussion to their talk shows and blogs.

tune out the stuff that is garbage on all sides.

Old
01-26-2009, 05:17 PM
NewHabsEra*

I saw it yesterday and I felt really bad.. Shame on RDS for this.. Its a really cheap shot.

Another obvious case of manipulation by the medias brainwashing people's head.

Old
01-26-2009, 05:31 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
huh...

True, it has nothing to do with the french factor, but the whole thing does show the medias are more interested in controversy than anything though...

who knows... and who cares ?
- then we can agree , and move on.

- I don't give a flying **** about the story itself. I still think that if he didn't wave to them, it looks unprofessional. I'm not against it , its just unprofessional. Like laraque calling JC on CKAC , I don't mind ( i loved it ) , but it was unprofessional.

Old
01-26-2009, 05:32 PM
dfk711*
The real #11

Quote:

GTFO
Didn't know French was a race.

Old
01-26-2009, 05:43 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

The guy has been injured for over the last month, I think Saku's main concern right now is getting back into game shape and helping out his team, not waiving to some stupid kids, give me a ****ing break.

Old
01-26-2009, 05:46 PM
MoonlightGraham

So basically, one person from CKAC says something on radio once and it's already a "saga"? And we get a 3 page thread about it here? Wouldn't that be a bit of an overreaction? Especially since I haven't seen that story on rds.ca or cyberpresse.ca...

Sometimes people say stupid things on the radio or whatever, but the way it is blown way out of proportion on HFBoards is just as ridiculous. A lot of you really seem to be looking for every possible opportunity to bash the francophone media and call them racists, and that's even more pathetic than what is actually said on CKAC or le Journal de Montréal to begin with.

Every media in the world looks for controversy. That's what media outlets do. And when you have a lot of media outlets covering one thing, there is going to be competition as to who creates the most controversy, to get the most viewers/listeners/readers. And there are A LOT of media outlets covering the Canadiens. It has nothing to do with the fact that they're french Canadians. It's because of money, and competition. It would happen everywhere, in every language. Just look at the British or Italian media. Or the media that follows the New York Yankees.

You don't like what you hear? Turn off the radio. Why come here and complain about it?

Closed Thread