HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Another Koivu saga....

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2009, 07:28 PM
  #101
Cyrrus147
Registered User
 
Cyrrus147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabitant View Post
Having been lucky enough to not feel discriminated yet simply doesn't mean that anybody in the remaining 7 millions didn't feel it already. But we're not gonna go there since this conversation isn't gonna continue.
God I love your paranoia.

Good job at victimizing yourself and the 6 999 998 others of our fellow citizens. Most of us feel fine, please throw your paranoia at a other group.

Cyrrus147 is offline  
Old
01-26-2009, 07:30 PM
  #102
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500

Habsterix* is offline  
Old
01-26-2009, 07:33 PM
  #103
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
God I love your paranoia.

Good job at victimizing yourself and the 6 999 998 others of our fellow citizens. Most of us feel fine, please throw your paranoia at a other group.
Correct me if I'm wrong and I'm pretty sure I'm not, but that guy you quoted, isn't he wrong because not all Quebecers see themselves as Quebecois, it's not a general agreement among every single francophone that they are a Quebecois nation, infact I have met several of french people who don't think they differ from the rest of Canada other than language and I'm not lying to prove a point.

I'm not saying that no one does, majority do, but not all believe that, which is what that guy is trying to imply.

Andy is online now  
Old
01-26-2009, 07:42 PM
  #104
deandebean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau, câlisse
Country: uriname
Posts: 8,733
vCash: 500
While entertaining, this thread should now be closed.

deandebean is offline  
Old
01-26-2009, 07:45 PM
  #105
CanadienErrant*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Cook Islands
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
While entertaining, this thread should now be closed.

CanadienErrant* is offline  
Old
01-26-2009, 07:56 PM
  #106
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brrr -18, Gomez Cold
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,312
vCash: 500
nothing really new here. a journalist and i use that loosely trying to create a controversy. Some jump on it and make it more than it is and sensationalize the media. some of the freedom fighter posters jump in and defend. most defend Koivu as they should. thats about it and we move on to the next "controversy."

this is what it means to be a Habs fan.

Kirk Muller is offline  
Old
01-26-2009, 07:59 PM
  #107
Cyrrus147
Registered User
 
Cyrrus147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong and I'm pretty sure I'm not, but that guy you quoted, isn't he wrong because not all Quebecers see themselves as Quebecois, it's not a general agreement among every single francophone that they are a Quebecois nation, infact I have met several of french people who don't think they differ from the rest of Canada other than language and I'm not lying to prove a point.

I'm not saying that no one does, majority do, but not all believe that, which is what that guy is trying to imply.
There is a difference between feeling different and feeling persecuted.

I'm a Quebecer, french is my first language and yes I'm different in comparaison to others Canadians. Just like I'm different in comparaison to somoene who live in Abitibi, Val D'or or Gaspésie.

The point, we, the french canadians, are not currently persecuted by others english speaking quebecers or others Canadians. Some of us seems to enjoy the idea of the minority being perscuted by the majority (which is ''normal'' as a ''view'' in any minority group) but if you want to see what is really like being perscuted, just go back in time 60 years ago in Quebec or just look at some population around the world.

If you think you can't have a job, a decent life, being successful in your career while speaking french here in Quebec (and that because of the majority of Canadians), you really have a paranoia problem. Because that is being perscuted and discriminated.

Cyrrus147 is offline  
Old
01-26-2009, 08:12 PM
  #108
GoneAway
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
There is a difference between feeling different and feeling persecuted.

I'm a Quebecer, french is my first language and yes I'm different in comparaison to others Canadians. Just like I'm different in comparaison to somoene who live in Abitibi, Val D'or or Gaspésie.

The point, we, the french canadians, are not currently persecuted by others english speaking quebecers or others Canadians. Some of us seems to enjoy the idea of the minority being perscuted by the majority (which is ''normal'' as a ''view'' in any minority group) but if you want to see what is really like being perscuted, just go back in time 60 years ago in Quebec or just look at some population around the world.

If you think you can't have a job, a decent life, being successful in your career while speaking french here in Quebec (and that because of the majority of Canadians), you really have a paranoia problem. Because that is being perscuted and discriminated.
At least your ancestors didnt get deported

 
Old
01-26-2009, 08:24 PM
  #109
THE HOFF
Registered User
 
THE HOFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
I didn't know waving at children was a requirement to being a captain of a hockey team.

.
hahah I like the way you cherry pick what's in my post and miss the whole point. which was a response to a dumb, linguistic attack towards french speaking habs fans and media.

that being said ....

when your captaincy has been covered/questionned by the media (whether its right or wrong to do so) , I think the dumbest thing you could possibly do is ignoring 300 kids that are cheering for you. As the ''face of the franchise'' , and captain , yeah I think it adds weight to the claims of some ridiculous journalists like JC who are screaming on the air that koivu doesn't care about the fans.

I think koivu cares and all , and that he's a great captain. he missed the boat on that one and of course koivu haters are going to jump on a chance to expose him while he looks like a ''heartless monster and a poor dad''

please don't be shocked.


Last edited by THE HOFF: 01-26-2009 at 08:33 PM.
THE HOFF is offline  
Old
01-26-2009, 09:05 PM
  #110
C4KOMI
 
C4KOMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,023
vCash: 500
******* the kids, they're overrated.

C4KOMI is offline  
Old
01-26-2009, 09:10 PM
  #111
Clumsyhab
Registered User
 
Clumsyhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 6,745
vCash: 500
Koivu bashing fest on 110% again.

Clumsyhab is offline  
Old
01-26-2009, 09:17 PM
  #112
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Koivu bashing fest on 110% again.
no kidding!!!!! hate them but i have to watch it!!!!!lolll

JeromeHP is offline  
Old
01-26-2009, 09:26 PM
  #113
emb24*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
rejean tremblay is unequivocally an idiot. to even question koivu's devotion to mtl fans and children - through his foundation - is nothing short of incredible. for tremblay the idiot, to bring this up just reeks of some kind of bizarre prejudice.

it's absurd and stupid.

koivu is like 20 pts short of surpassing lach and moving into top 10 hab point getters of ALL TIME. i think he is also the 2nd longest serving captain in team history.

tremblay: ****

emb24* is offline  
Old
01-26-2009, 09:50 PM
  #114
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brrr -18, Gomez Cold
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post
hahah I like the way you cherry pick what's in my post and miss the whole point. which was a response to a dumb, linguistic attack towards french speaking habs fans and media.

that being said ....

when your captaincy has been covered/questionned by the media (whether its right or wrong to do so) , I think the dumbest thing you could possibly do is ignoring 300 kids that are cheering for you. As the ''face of the franchise'' , and captain , yeah I think it adds weight to the claims of some ridiculous journalists like JC who are screaming on the air that koivu doesn't care about the fans.

I think koivu cares and all , and that he's a great captain. he missed the boat on that one and of course koivu haters are going to jump on a chance to expose him while he looks like a ''heartless monster and a poor dad''

please don't be shocked.
So what you are saying is that Koivu needs to be perfect on and off the ice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the rest of his life because we have a few idiots in the local media and some morons who follow their every word.

If it wasn't this it be something else. He couldn't win anyhow. Wasn't there simply a picture of Koivu out in public a few years ago where he appeared a little unhappy and that was made into something else.

Fact is, he can't win yet you kinda acknowledge but don't and don't really care either thus you kinda perpetuate the problem.

Kirk Muller is offline  
Old
01-26-2009, 09:56 PM
  #115
Habnot
 
Habnot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,494
vCash: 500
Anyone who doesn't think that the French media's treatment of Koivu is not somewhat racially motivated has a selective memory. The number one reason has to do with the fact that he doesn't speak French. Always has been - always will be.

Habnot is offline  
Old
01-26-2009, 09:59 PM
  #116
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brrr -18, Gomez Cold
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
Anyone who doesn't think that the French media's treatment of Koivu is not somewhat racially motivated has a selective memory. The number one reason has to do with the fact that he doesn't speak French. Always has been - always will be.
a select few of the french media.

Kirk Muller is offline  
Old
01-26-2009, 10:01 PM
  #117
Rayne*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,298
vCash: 500
The Koivu bashers are gonna have a field day with this one.

Rayne* is offline  
Old
01-26-2009, 10:15 PM
  #118
Lord Horse
Next Day's News
 
Lord Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Full City
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
Wow.. I read the OP, figured this time it really was nothing (as it usually is with Koivu) & moved on. I come back here at night and it really DID go downhill like they all do. Why did I think it could ever be different?

So here it is again: Saku Koivu has done more for kids in Montreal than most people who have lived here during his time with the Habs. Shame on anyone trying to disparage him, least of all for his conduct towards fans, he's always been classy and always will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post
I'm sick and tired of ignorants like you who think every french canadian wakes up in the morning with the only goal of burning the parliament and hating saku koivu. In fact , when I see posts like yours and retarded 1838 anti-french imperialist thinking , it does makes me want to burn that parliament and hate saku koivu.
O The Irony! But it gets better with this gem.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabitant View Post
A Nation stuck inside Canada would be the exact term.

There is no distinction between the term racial discrimination and ethnic discrimination.
Y'know, the rest of the *human* race will get along just fine while you pout in a corner.

Better idea: tell whatever "educated" person that teaches you this **** to get lost, you'll be happier and you might realize you've been sabotaging your own life all along. Then get a beer, watch some hockey, and be happy. Chicks dig it!!!

Please lock this, it only encourages the dumbest 1%, and it lessens us all.


Last edited by Lord Horse: 01-26-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Lord Horse is offline  
Old
01-26-2009, 10:20 PM
  #119
Ape Clutch
Registered User
 
Ape Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: Haiti
Posts: 3,070
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
No don't lock it, I'm still trying to identify all the racist/bigots and idiots on HF

Ape Clutch is offline  
Old
01-26-2009, 10:54 PM
  #120
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape Clutch View Post
No don't lock it, I'm still trying to identify all the racist/bigots and idiots on HF
This thread has been named important in the name of SCIENCE.

Lone Rogue is offline  
Old
01-26-2009, 11:03 PM
  #121
Ross MacLochness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,774
vCash: 500
**** like this that always lingers around our team is absolutely god damn embarrassing. I can't imagine what other hockey fans or players think when they hear about garbage like this. ****ing shameful.

Ross MacLochness is offline  
Old
01-27-2009, 12:07 AM
  #122
j c petit
Locked-out
 
j c petit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rink Rat
Country: Canada
Posts: 663
vCash: 500
Is there a link/YouTube of this? Could it have been a little creative editing by “les boys” over at RDS? Plenty of Koivu bashers over there. Remember that terrible BS piece Therrien did on RDS showing images of what was supposedly Siberia and how Sergei should go back there if he wasn’t going to accept re-assignment to Hamilton? To me that was bigoted to the point that Therrien should have been fired for it. Of course nothing happened and Therrien is still there. Brunet continues to bash the Kostitsyn brothers any chance he has, all the while calling every francophone player by their first name while ignoring any of their mistakes. CKAC, with Lajoie complaining on the air that the only Québécois on Canada’s world junior squad wasn’t a true Québécois because he is of Italian origin. Yeah, I can understand how some people see some linguistic bigotry at play here.

All that being said, be it in English, or “en Français”, JC Lajoie is mediocre. A very transparent agenda is at play here.

j c petit is offline  
Old
01-27-2009, 12:12 AM
  #123
Guy Caballero
Registered User
 
Guy Caballero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,851
vCash: 500
Vinny would have waved. Punk-ass Koivu. Typical no-heart Finn.

Guy Caballero is offline  
Old
01-27-2009, 12:15 AM
  #124
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by j c petit View Post
Is there a link/YouTube of this? Could it have been a little creative editing by “les boys” over at RDS? Plenty of Koivu bashers over there. Remember that terrible BS piece Therrien did on RDS showing images of what was supposedly Siberia and how Sergei should go back there if he wasn’t going to accept re-assignment to Hamilton? To me that was bigoted to the point that Therrien should have been fired for it. Of course nothing happened and Therrien is still there. Brunet continues to bash the Kostitsyn brothers any chance he has, all the while calling every francophone player by their first name while ignoring any of their mistakes. CKAC, with Lajoie complaining on the air that the only Québécois on Canada’s world junior squad wasn’t a true Québécois because he is of Italian origin. Yeah, I can understand how some people see some linguistic bigotry at play here.
I shake my head that people listen enough to know this about these guys but do not complain about their tax dollars being spent to fund them, especially if Quebec where tax dollars fund just about everything.

Lone Rogue is offline  
Old
01-27-2009, 12:47 AM
  #125
j c petit
Locked-out
 
j c petit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rink Rat
Country: Canada
Posts: 663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
I shake my head that people listen enough to know this about these guys but do not complain about their tax dollars being spent to fund them, especially if Quebec where tax dollars fund just about everything.
Well, I did complain to the CBC several times about two years ago when they were force feeding us wall-to-wall Leafs. Last year I wrote to them again and complimented them on the changes that they made to HNIC.

Not sure how my tax dollars fund CKAC or RDS though.

j c petit is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.