HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Another Koivu saga....

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2009, 07:28 PM
Cyrrus147

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabitant View Post
Having been lucky enough to not feel discriminated yet simply doesn't mean that anybody in the remaining 7 millions didn't feel it already. But we're not gonna go there since this conversation isn't gonna continue.
God I love your paranoia.

Good job at victimizing yourself and the 6 999 998 others of our fellow citizens. Most of us feel fine, please throw your paranoia at a other group.

Old
01-26-2009, 07:30 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Old
01-26-2009, 07:33 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
God I love your paranoia.

Good job at victimizing yourself and the 6 999 998 others of our fellow citizens. Most of us feel fine, please throw your paranoia at a other group.
Correct me if I'm wrong and I'm pretty sure I'm not, but that guy you quoted, isn't he wrong because not all Quebecers see themselves as Quebecois, it's not a general agreement among every single francophone that they are a Quebecois nation, infact I have met several of french people who don't think they differ from the rest of Canada other than language and I'm not lying to prove a point.

I'm not saying that no one does, majority do, but not all believe that, which is what that guy is trying to imply.

Old
01-26-2009, 07:42 PM
deandebean

While entertaining, this thread should now be closed.

Old
01-26-2009, 07:45 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
While entertaining, this thread should now be closed.

Old
01-26-2009, 07:56 PM
Kirk Muller

nothing really new here. a journalist and i use that loosely trying to create a controversy. Some jump on it and make it more than it is and sensationalize the media. some of the freedom fighter posters jump in and defend. most defend Koivu as they should. thats about it and we move on to the next "controversy."

this is what it means to be a Habs fan.

Old
01-26-2009, 07:59 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong and I'm pretty sure I'm not, but that guy you quoted, isn't he wrong because not all Quebecers see themselves as Quebecois, it's not a general agreement among every single francophone that they are a Quebecois nation, infact I have met several of french people who don't think they differ from the rest of Canada other than language and I'm not lying to prove a point.

I'm not saying that no one does, majority do, but not all believe that, which is what that guy is trying to imply.
There is a difference between feeling different and feeling persecuted.

I'm a Quebecer, french is my first language and yes I'm different in comparaison to others Canadians. Just like I'm different in comparaison to somoene who live in Abitibi, Val D'or or Gaspésie.

The point, we, the french canadians, are not currently persecuted by others english speaking quebecers or others Canadians. Some of us seems to enjoy the idea of the minority being perscuted by the majority (which is ''normal'' as a ''view'' in any minority group) but if you want to see what is really like being perscuted, just go back in time 60 years ago in Quebec or just look at some population around the world.

If you think you can't have a job, a decent life, being successful in your career while speaking french here in Quebec (and that because of the majority of Canadians), you really have a paranoia problem. Because that is being perscuted and discriminated.

Old
01-26-2009, 08:12 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
There is a difference between feeling different and feeling persecuted.

I'm a Quebecer, french is my first language and yes I'm different in comparaison to others Canadians. Just like I'm different in comparaison to somoene who live in Abitibi, Val D'or or Gaspésie.

The point, we, the french canadians, are not currently persecuted by others english speaking quebecers or others Canadians. Some of us seems to enjoy the idea of the minority being perscuted by the majority (which is ''normal'' as a ''view'' in any minority group) but if you want to see what is really like being perscuted, just go back in time 60 years ago in Quebec or just look at some population around the world.

If you think you can't have a job, a decent life, being successful in your career while speaking french here in Quebec (and that because of the majority of Canadians), you really have a paranoia problem. Because that is being perscuted and discriminated.
At least your ancestors didnt get deported

Old
01-26-2009, 08:24 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
I didn't know waving at children was a requirement to being a captain of a hockey team.

hahah I like the way you cherry pick what's in my post and miss the whole point. which was a response to a dumb, linguistic attack towards french speaking habs fans and media.

that being said ....

when your captaincy has been covered/questionned by the media (whether its right or wrong to do so) , I think the dumbest thing you could possibly do is ignoring 300 kids that are cheering for you. As the ''face of the franchise'' , and captain , yeah I think it adds weight to the claims of some ridiculous journalists like JC who are screaming on the air that koivu doesn't care about the fans.

I think koivu cares and all , and that he's a great captain. he missed the boat on that one and of course koivu haters are going to jump on a chance to expose him while he looks like a ''heartless monster and a poor dad''

please don't be shocked.

Last edited by THE HOFF: 01-26-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old
01-26-2009, 09:05 PM
C4KOMI

******* the kids, they're overrated.

Old
01-26-2009, 09:10 PM
Clumsyhab

Koivu bashing fest on 110% again.

Old
01-26-2009, 09:17 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Koivu bashing fest on 110% again.
no kidding!!!!! hate them but i have to watch it!!!!!lolll

Old
01-26-2009, 09:26 PM
emb24*

rejean tremblay is unequivocally an idiot. to even question koivu's devotion to mtl fans and children - through his foundation - is nothing short of incredible. for tremblay the idiot, to bring this up just reeks of some kind of bizarre prejudice.

it's absurd and stupid.

koivu is like 20 pts short of surpassing lach and moving into top 10 hab point getters of ALL TIME. i think he is also the 2nd longest serving captain in team history.

tremblay: ****

Old
01-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post
hahah I like the way you cherry pick what's in my post and miss the whole point. which was a response to a dumb, linguistic attack towards french speaking habs fans and media.

that being said ....

when your captaincy has been covered/questionned by the media (whether its right or wrong to do so) , I think the dumbest thing you could possibly do is ignoring 300 kids that are cheering for you. As the ''face of the franchise'' , and captain , yeah I think it adds weight to the claims of some ridiculous journalists like JC who are screaming on the air that koivu doesn't care about the fans.

I think koivu cares and all , and that he's a great captain. he missed the boat on that one and of course koivu haters are going to jump on a chance to expose him while he looks like a ''heartless monster and a poor dad''

please don't be shocked.
So what you are saying is that Koivu needs to be perfect on and off the ice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the rest of his life because we have a few idiots in the local media and some morons who follow their every word.

If it wasn't this it be something else. He couldn't win anyhow. Wasn't there simply a picture of Koivu out in public a few years ago where he appeared a little unhappy and that was made into something else.

Fact is, he can't win yet you kinda acknowledge but don't and don't really care either thus you kinda perpetuate the problem.

Old
01-26-2009, 09:56 PM
Habnot

Anyone who doesn't think that the French media's treatment of Koivu is not somewhat racially motivated has a selective memory. The number one reason has to do with the fact that he doesn't speak French. Always has been - always will be.

Old
01-26-2009, 09:59 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
Anyone who doesn't think that the French media's treatment of Koivu is not somewhat racially motivated has a selective memory. The number one reason has to do with the fact that he doesn't speak French. Always has been - always will be.
a select few of the french media.

Old
01-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Rayne*

The Koivu bashers are gonna have a field day with this one.

Old
01-26-2009, 10:15 PM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

Wow.. I read the OP, figured this time it really was nothing (as it usually is with Koivu) & moved on. I come back here at night and it really DID go downhill like they all do. Why did I think it could ever be different?

So here it is again: Saku Koivu has done more for kids in Montreal than most people who have lived here during his time with the Habs. Shame on anyone trying to disparage him, least of all for his conduct towards fans, he's always been classy and always will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post
I'm sick and tired of ignorants like you who think every french canadian wakes up in the morning with the only goal of burning the parliament and hating saku koivu. In fact , when I see posts like yours and retarded 1838 anti-french imperialist thinking , it does makes me want to burn that parliament and hate saku koivu.
O The Irony! But it gets better with this gem.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabitant View Post
A Nation stuck inside Canada would be the exact term.

There is no distinction between the term racial discrimination and ethnic discrimination.
Y'know, the rest of the *human* race will get along just fine while you pout in a corner.

Better idea: tell whatever "educated" person that teaches you this **** to get lost, you'll be happier and you might realize you've been sabotaging your own life all along. Then get a beer, watch some hockey, and be happy. Chicks dig it!!!

Please lock this, it only encourages the dumbest 1%, and it lessens us all.

Last edited by Lord Horse: 01-26-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old
01-26-2009, 10:20 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
No don't lock it, I'm still trying to identify all the racist/bigots and idiots on HF

Old
01-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape Clutch View Post
No don't lock it, I'm still trying to identify all the racist/bigots and idiots on HF
This thread has been named important in the name of SCIENCE.

Old
01-26-2009, 11:03 PM
Ross MacLochness

**** like this that always lingers around our team is absolutely god damn embarrassing. I can't imagine what other hockey fans or players think when they hear about garbage like this. ****ing shameful.

Old
01-27-2009, 12:07 AM
j c petit
Locked-out

Is there a link/YouTube of this? Could it have been a little creative editing by “les boys” over at RDS? Plenty of Koivu bashers over there. Remember that terrible BS piece Therrien did on RDS showing images of what was supposedly Siberia and how Sergei should go back there if he wasn’t going to accept re-assignment to Hamilton? To me that was bigoted to the point that Therrien should have been fired for it. Of course nothing happened and Therrien is still there. Brunet continues to bash the Kostitsyn brothers any chance he has, all the while calling every francophone player by their first name while ignoring any of their mistakes. CKAC, with Lajoie complaining on the air that the only Québécois on Canada’s world junior squad wasn’t a true Québécois because he is of Italian origin. Yeah, I can understand how some people see some linguistic bigotry at play here.

All that being said, be it in English, or “en Français”, JC Lajoie is mediocre. A very transparent agenda is at play here.

Old
01-27-2009, 12:12 AM
Guy Caballero

Vinny would have waved. Punk-ass Koivu. Typical no-heart Finn.

Old
01-27-2009, 12:15 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by j c petit View Post
Is there a link/YouTube of this? Could it have been a little creative editing by “les boys” over at RDS? Plenty of Koivu bashers over there. Remember that terrible BS piece Therrien did on RDS showing images of what was supposedly Siberia and how Sergei should go back there if he wasn’t going to accept re-assignment to Hamilton? To me that was bigoted to the point that Therrien should have been fired for it. Of course nothing happened and Therrien is still there. Brunet continues to bash the Kostitsyn brothers any chance he has, all the while calling every francophone player by their first name while ignoring any of their mistakes. CKAC, with Lajoie complaining on the air that the only Québécois on Canada’s world junior squad wasn’t a true Québécois because he is of Italian origin. Yeah, I can understand how some people see some linguistic bigotry at play here.
I shake my head that people listen enough to know this about these guys but do not complain about their tax dollars being spent to fund them, especially if Quebec where tax dollars fund just about everything.

Old
01-27-2009, 12:47 AM
j c petit
Locked-out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
I shake my head that people listen enough to know this about these guys but do not complain about their tax dollars being spent to fund them, especially if Quebec where tax dollars fund just about everything.
Well, I did complain to the CBC several times about two years ago when they were force feeding us wall-to-wall Leafs. Last year I wrote to them again and complimented them on the changes that they made to HNIC.

Not sure how my tax dollars fund CKAC or RDS though.

Closed Thread