HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Im going to be in the All-Star game!!

Old
01-26-2009, 03:18 PM
Ashe

vCash: 500
im more interested in how scared ****less you were at St Louis coming towards you

Ashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 03:27 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlSportsFan View Post
I RARELY post here but I wanted to tell you I think you did a great job.

Cherry was wrong. You stayed back in the net and gave them planty of room to do their moves and plenty of empty space to shoot at, then you made a goalie move to try and stop it.

Congrats on a once in a lifetime experience.
I like Don most times but sometimes he can be off the mark .

most funny thing is Cherry complaining about a goalie he called Jr"B" trying to hard against PROFESSIONAL NHL PLAYERS.

I mean come on now is there something wrong here?

maybe CBC could have a new reality show here? "Can you beat a Jr B goalie?? hosted by Don CHERRY

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 04:10 PM
3hirty6ix

Did you get any signed gear or some kind of memorabilia?

3hirty6ix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Clumsyhab

Lajoie and Villeneuve are now whining because a guy named "Jason" instead of a french Canadian was given the opportunity to be in the ASG.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 05:26 PM
Newhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Lajoie and Villeneuve are now whining because a guy named "Jason" instead of a french Canadian was given the opportunity to be in the ASG.
I can confirm - Why was he named Jason and not Vincent for instance ?? Why an "anglais" ? (but the thing belongs to Villeneuve actually - JC was innocent on this one).

Anyway Jason, congrats big time - something you'll tell your grandsons about. Playing at the ASG and then getting bashed by Cherry and Villeneuve for equally stupid reasons .... that should be named a "Jason Hattrick"

I'm proud to share this forums with you btw

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 08:44 PM
Magic33

I thought Marty St-Louis had one of the best moves. When he hid the puck in his glove and started waving his stick in the air I was pretty rattled.

I got to keep the All Star jersey they gave me and I got all of team East to sign it which was pretty cool. I also grabbed some white stick tape haha!!!

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Rushin Joo

Send a message via MSN to Rushin Joo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
I thought Marty St-Louis had one of the best moves. When he hid the puck in his glove and started waving his stick in the air I was pretty rattled.

I got to keep the All Star jersey they gave me and I got all of team East to sign it which was pretty cool. I also grabbed some white stick tape haha!!!
What did you think of Getzlafs goal? When he went behind the net did you expect him to pick it up like that?

Rushin Joo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 09:10 PM
Turbo

Hey congrats! Seems you even made it to a controversy on local radio. That's the big time!

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 09:13 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
I think St.Louis said Vanek taught him that trick. Vanek should be in the next one for sure.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 09:27 PM
j c petit
Locked-out

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post

maybe CBC could have a new reality show here? "Can you beat a Jr B goalie?? hosted by Don CHERRY
Ever watch the Leafs on HNIC every Saturday out of Toronto?

j c petit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Seems to me you did exactly what you were supposed to do.

You gave the players a chance to score without making it look like a joke. The onus was on them to put it past a guy who wanted them to score and they overall didn't deliver.

Congrats on this once in a life-time experience! That'll be something to tell the grandkids one day... Be sure to save all the press clippings and any footage you can get.
Exactly. To me, the case and point of why they had a non-NHL goalie was the Getzlaf move where he circled the net and roofed it (the best move of the night IMO). An NHL goalie (or maybe even you without being told not to poke check) likely would have taken the puck from him when he was in close, before he circled the net.

So to me, that goalie did exactly what he was supposed to. Anything less and they might as well have shoved one of those cardboard cutouts with a five hole and the four corners free into the net

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 10:02 PM
JrHockeyFan

Don Cherry does it again. Manages to make something negative out of something totally harmless and fun

I can't think of anything more cliche and trivial than a shootout move competition with retired announcers in net. Giving somebody who never got to play in the bigs a shot like this is something anybody who ever played sports dreams about

Besides, how is a properly outfitted adult goalie going to get hurt in the competition. Some out of shape retired announcer just might get hurt.

It's not like they asked him to stop Chara's 105 mph shot

Nice job man. I thought you did a great job and looked good doing it. Has to be the biggest kick ever. Had to be the greatest fun ever

PS: Mr "one game in the NHL" Don Cherry moaning about this should appreciate what the kid is feeling right now more than anyone.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 10:40 PM
ROEN
HabsHQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by j c petit View Post
Ever watch the Leafs on HNIC every Saturday out of Toronto?
thanks for reminding me why I still check these boards out !!!

ROEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 05:48 AM
deandebean

Maybe you'll get signed, just like Georges Vézina did back in the old days, when his Chicoutimi team beat the Habs...

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 07:27 AM
Courtnall6

Someone on the Bruins board was actually going on about how Blake Wheeler "owned" Carey Price during the Future Stars game. As if you can judge anything whatsoever by that "game".

Courtnall6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 08:59 AM
Maverik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
I can confirm - Why was he named Jason and not Vincent for instance ?? Why an "anglais" ? (but the thing belongs to Villeneuve actually - JC was innocent on this one).

Anyway Jason, congrats big time - something you'll tell your grandsons about. Playing at the ASG and then getting bashed by Cherry and Villeneuve for equally stupid reasons .... that should be named a "Jason Hattrick"

I'm proud to share this forums with you btw

My name is Jason and im 100% french canadian.. go figure. Parents =>

Maverik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 12:14 PM
Magic33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Exactly. To me, the case and point of why they had a non-NHL goalie was the Getzlaf move where he circled the net and roofed it (the best move of the night IMO). An NHL goalie (or maybe even you without being told not to poke check) likely would have taken the puck from him when he was in close, before he circled the net.

So to me, that goalie did exactly what he was supposed to. Anything less and they might as well have shoved one of those cardboard cutouts with a five hole and the four corners free into the net
Definitely. Not to mention I saw Getzlaf do that move on NHL.com before the actually competition so I kind of expected it. It would have looked pretty lame if I were diving out of the way of pucks, so im not sure why some people are complaining. Pretty sweet getting my name mentioned on Coach's Corner though. I least he pronounced it correctly!!!

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

vCash: 50
Quote:
Definitely. Not to mention I saw Getzlaf do that move on NHL.com before the actually competition so I kind of expected it. It would have looked pretty lame if I were diving out of the way of pucks, so im not sure why some people are complaining. Pretty sweet getting my name mentioned on Coach's Corner though. I least he pronounced it correctly!!!
dude you didn't answer, why no flex-point?

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
imagine if you stopped Getzlaf? haha oh man Cherry would've called you evil

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 02:17 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
imagine if you stopped Getzlaf? haha oh man Cherry would've called you evil
I'm shocked he didn't call Getzlaf a hot dog

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 02:25 PM
sandman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I'm shocked he didn't call Getzlaf a hot dog
hahaha
well put

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 06:20 PM
Haddock

Congrats on your weekend sir. Bravo!

I heard part of your interview on the TEAM990 while I was driving between offices during lunch hour. You were good. I'm glad the role you played this weekend was given to someone who truly appreciated the experience. Too bad PJ was running his mouth like a dolt the whole way through though.

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Amputechture

Regardless of what idiots in the media might be saying man, you did a fantastic job and it was so cool watching someone who posts on this site compete against the players we talk about every day. Unfortunately these morons get a mic put in their faces and they forget that the person they are talking about is a real human being who can hear everything they are saying. Don't let anything these fools say get you down. You have a whole site of crazy habs fans who are proud of what you did man!!

Amputechture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:55 AM
AlexCvm

Congrats on a great show .

Can't wait to see the media talking about the fact that you can't speak french even if you're from Montreal...

AlexCvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 11:13 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCvm View Post
Congrats on a great show .

Can't wait to see the media talking about the fact that you can't speak french even if you're from Montreal...

jason didnt waive to the kids or fans, probably will be the next thing ?

just like this
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=599466

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 01-28-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote