HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Higgins in vs. T-Bay, maybe O'Byrne

Old
01-26-2009, 11:30 PM
Lucius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
Lol. Komi? Maybe Markov. No Gorges or Hamr.

Come on Brisebois is far in away our worst D right now.
If we employed my doppelganger strategy, we could dress as many players as we want and secretly sub them out at intermissions. Just saying.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 11:37 PM
#2eddieshore

glad to see o'byrne back.

he is a young guy who deserves another chance.

#2eddieshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2009, 11:58 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Dago and Higgins look so similar. Now we'll have two lines with perfect symmetry.

Why oh why...o'bryne. Back to watching the team being an eyesore. That is the most devastating news since Ovechkin winning that breakaway challenge.

Boullion >Brisebois>>>>>>>>> O'Bryne.

first of all, boo rocks, i don't get why people doubt him, he's got tons of skill and speed and emotion! As for Bacardi Breezer, all the gaffs he's made lately he has recovered for them (blocking the shot, getting puck back). Also he's been making great bomb passes and doing little things to get out of the zone quickly.
I'm looking forward to you eating crow.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 12:34 AM
j c petit
Locked-out

Quote:
Originally Posted by #2eddieshore View Post
glad to see o'byrne back.

he is a young guy who deserves another chance.
He does deserve another chance and I believe Brisebois is wearing down. Carbonneau keeps playing him like a #4 instead of the #6 or #7 he was signed for. Brisebois has done a good job, but at 37 he can't seem to handle that much ice time anymore. The rest will do him good and maybe O'Byrne has found his game. I just hope the fans and especially the media give the guy a break.

j c petit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 10:42 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Hopefully Breezer.
it's the clear choice, what a great team we have without Breezer.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 11:04 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

People tend to forget that OB played well last year when he came up because he was confident. He only needed to get some back.

LIFE IS NOT STATIC. Some people should get that into their friggin skulls.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 11:22 AM
24Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
People tend to forget that OB played well last year when he came up because he was confident. He only needed to get some back.

I logon to HFBoards to read some interesting dialogue regarding the Canadiens and keep running into your bile. Are you always angry?

24Cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 11:28 AM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Better him then Brisebois or Boullion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Dago and Higgins look so similar. Now we'll have two lines with perfect symmetry.

Why oh why...o'bryne. Back to watching the team being an eyesore. That is the most devastating news since Ovechkin winning that breakaway challenge.

Boullion >Brisebois>>>>>>>>> O'Bryne.

first of all, boo rocks, i don't get why people doubt him, he's got tons of skill and speed and emotion! As for Bacardi Breezer, all the gaffs he's made lately he has recovered for them (blocking the shot, getting puck back). Also he's been making great bomb passes and doing little things to get out of the zone quickly.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 11:36 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

it is a lateral move at best

Obyrne definately has potential to be a solid 5th. But thats not what we are in the market for.

I dont see how people see him as an upgrade of Breezer or Bouillon right NOW.

We dont have to go through the minuses of having Breezer and or Cube in the lineup, there shortcomings are obvious, but both provided qualities in the game that Obyrne has yet, or cannot deliver. Breezer is a good passer and puck mover, Bouillon has great character and can rail someone at any given point.

Once and IF Obyrne puts a string of 15-20 solid games, then we can talk, but so far picking any of these 2 guys over Obyrne or vice-versa is not exactly evident.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 11:41 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Cups View Post
I logon to HFBoards to read some interesting dialogue regarding the Canadiens and keep running into your bile. Are you always angry?

Are you always wrong?

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post

You hit it exactly, there's far too many negative expectations here for a developing player. He *may* not be a big improvement from the Breezer, but he may also be a force in his own end & play like a champ.

CHANGE HAPPENS !!

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 12:13 PM
Belso

O'Byrne? O god!!!

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
it is a lateral move at best

Obyrne definately has potential to be a solid 5th. But thats not what we are in the market for.

I dont see how people see him as an upgrade of Breezer or Bouillon right NOW.

We dont have to go through the minuses of having Breezer and or Cube in the lineup, there shortcomings are obvious, but both provided qualities in the game that Obyrne has yet, or cannot deliver. Breezer is a good passer and puck mover, Bouillon has great character and can rail someone at any given point.

Once and IF Obyrne puts a string of 15-20 solid games, then we can talk, but so far picking any of these 2 guys over Obyrne or vice-versa is not exactly evident.
He has a chance to be an upgrade if he can maintain his focus and stop making the big gaffes. What O'byrne brings is someone other than Komisarek that can punish opposing forwards going wide or in the corners. You don't notice the value of such a player in the season as much as playoffs, if you play a team 5-6 or 7 times, having a 230lbs d-man running into you an extra 4-5 times a night takes it's toll after awhile. Just like the cumulative hits of Begin Kosto A.Kost Lats and Lappy don't show up as much until you see one team 5-7 times in a row.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Mr Underhill

Artyukhin is back in the lineup for the Bolts tonight. He can put Higgins right back on the IR for you if you like?!?

Mr Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 02:05 PM
SJSR

I heard on 990 sports report that O'byrne and Higgins are in, breezer is a healthy scratch.

SJSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 02:06 PM
nnynetpotato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
If Higgins comes in and doesn't score a goal immediately: "It's time to move on from Higgins. He just doesn't have it anymore. We need to get rid of him for a Top 4 D-Man."

If Higgins comes in and is an immediate scoring machine: "Higgins is absolutely on fire. We need to trade him for a Top 4 D-Man while his value is still high."
No matter what happens;"We have too many 2nd line forwards and not enough top 4 defensemen!"

nnynetpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 02:22 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSR View Post
I heard on 990 sports report that O'byrne and Higgins are in, breezer is a healthy scratch.
http://habsinsideout.com/

Yep, patrice sits in the press box on his Birthday

O'byrne is in.

He has his confidence back, and has looked really good in Hamilton. If he can keep Brisebois in the stands for a while i'll be happy. Don't get me wrong, Patrice is a good #7, just not an everyday guy anymore. nothing wrong with that. Ryan needs to be the everyday guy. Hopefully he can earn it and run with it.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 02:38 PM
SJSR

If i was Ryan, i would focus on my defense, but every chance i have just totally DRILL guys into the boards. Show that he is really ready to step up and show his toughness and be the defensemen that we really need.

SJSR is offline   Reply With Quote