HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game # 49 - 1/27/09 - New York Rangers VS. Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00 PM MSG (HD)

Old
01-27-2009, 10:28 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

vCash: 500
Game # 49 - 1/27/09 - New York Rangers VS. Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00 PM MSG (HD)

@

2008-2009 Team Stats
CAR-------NYR
51 : Points: 60
23 : Wins: 28
2 : Shutouts: 3
25 : Power Play Rank: 27
25 : Penalty Kill Rank: 1
.563 : Win % When Leading After 1: .583
.800 : Win % When Leading After 2: .882
.250 : Win % When Trailing After 1: .421
.222 : Win % When Trailing After 2: .263

Quote:
“I think the later in the season it gets, the more intense and the more fast the games get because the standings are so tight,” observed defenseman Marc Staal, who notched a pair of goals in the NHL’s YoungStars contest on Saturday night. “Like last year, we’re looking forward to a good second half. We’ve just got to throw some wins together early and hopefully don’t give the teams that are down there now a chance to breathe.”
This for some good ol time memories, and current good-luck

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Synergy27

Several sources, including http://goaliepost.com/ have Vally as the starter tonight. Makes sense to me, let's hope the rest of the team picks up where they left off.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 10:41 AM
Blue Regime

Lets go Rangers!!! Should be an easy 2 points if they keep their momentum going and play like they were going into the break (minus the Pitt game).

Blue Regime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 10:49 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Hope they don't come out flat after a week off

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 11:04 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Same could be said for Carolina.

Just win this home game, got a very tough pair of road games coming up to end the month.

So far in January they've gone 5-3-1, so if they can get that 6th win, in my estimation this month will be a success. They can't do any worse than a .583 point percentage. Any more points against the Pens and the Bruins will show that this team is gunning for the division and not just the playoffs. We'll see about that.

Going into to January most thought anywhere from 9-12 points could be a reality with the quality of opponents. That still could be a reality, but here we are with 3 left and they've already gotten 11. Its important they take those 2 points tonight heading into the Igloo where they've had problems lately

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 11:10 AM
NYR Lunchbox

lets go boys ill be in the building 2night show me why i bleed blue and hopefully have somethin good 2 say 2 vally at the signing on thurs

NYR Lunchbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 11:28 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Update, 11:07 a.m.: So I was half right. Or half wrong. Lauri Korpikoski is in, and will skate on a line with Nigel Dawes and Chris Drury. But Petr Prucha is in fact out again, meaning Aaron Voros will skate on a line with Brandon Dubinsky and Nikolai Zherdev.

“It’s specific of what our team needs,” Tom Renney said of the lineup decision, referring mostly to Voros’ size.
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Riot incoming...

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 11:39 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

****ing Voros. Ugh.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Just keep 'em moving and I don't have a problem with it. Prucha's on deck, waiting for someone to open the door for his return.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 11:44 AM
ThirdEye

Well, at least Korpikoski is in

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 11:50 AM
In The Flesh

Voros

he sucks

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 11:53 AM
levski87

Renney is a moron. Complete moron.

Voros is bigger but has the offensive capabilities of a 2 year old and the balance on his skates make him really not so "strong" on them.

Prucha can create some offense as seen in the past 9 games. You can't keep taking him out of the lineup and putting him back in.

Please trade Prucha. Let the man play. Send him to the Islanders, he'll get plenty of time there.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 11:55 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:

“It’s specific of what our team needs,” Tom Renney said of the lineup decision, referring mostly to Voros’ size.
Uh, Carolina is a fast team. Why would you want a slow, lumbering, penalty taking, unbalanced, can't catch up to his linemates player against them?

It doesnt make sense to me. Prucha actually adds something offensively and has been doing very well on the defensive side of the puck during the few games hes been back.

Renney said the same thing last game about why he put Voros in, but the previous game against Anahiem he played a total of 7 and 1/2 minutes. The last game against the Ducks he was in the box half that game and only played 8 minutes ES. In His 3 minutes of powerplay time (why you would reward someone for taking 3 penalties, 1 leading to a tying goal is a whole different strory) he showed absolutely nothing.. despite the rangers scoring on the other two pp units. So how is he "specific" to what the team needs?? Especially if hes not even playing enough time to make a mark on the game (other than putting the Rangers down a man)

Oh well, somethings never change. Hopefully they are showcasing him.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 01-27-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Old
01-27-2009, 12:05 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
I was just about to post something about Renney dressing voros over prucha, but then I noticed everyone covered all the bases of it already and i completely agree, this is not right! Can we please trade Voros and a couple others for a good physical offensive force and get a 7th dman up here!

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

What did Prucha do to stay in the lineup?

Forget how bad Voros played his last game, and somebody answer that question....It's not like Renney is taking out Mike Gartner here....

Pruchas play tailed off after his little streak......I'd rather see Fritsche in the lineup over both Voros and Prucha simply because Voros and Prucha have been given chances this year....

I think it's obvious that Renney wants somebody to screen the goaltender on the power play....that's why it's Voros that's playing...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 12:30 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
Renney is a moron. Complete moron.

Voros is bigger but has the offensive capabilities of a 2 year old and the balance on his skates make him really not so "strong" on them.

Prucha can create some offense as seen in the past 9 games. You can't keep taking him out of the lineup and putting him back in.

Please trade Prucha. Let the man play. Send him to the Islanders, he'll get plenty of time there.
He's trying to get something out of a guy the team is paying for the next three years — how exactly is that a moronic move?

Personally, I think its mandatory that Voros work with whoever turned Jason Ward into a good skater this summer.

01-27-2009, 12:34 PM
levski87

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
He's trying to get something out of a guy the team is paying for the next three years — how exactly is that a moronic move?

Personally, I think its mandatory that Voros work with whoever turned Jason Ward into a good skater this summer.
What is he going to get out of him?

IF Voros is to succeed on this team he needs to learn to stay on his skates. He brings down his line and he adds no offensive ability, but yet he should play because hes bigger than Prucha vs. a fast team? How does that even make sense? Its obvious Prucha is in the doghouse and if he isn't getting ppg he just isn't going to play. Meanwhile you have the AHLer Voros playing because hes over 6'0 feet.

What has Prucha done to sit out of the lineup?

5 Points in 9 games?

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 12:48 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
What did Prucha do to stay in the lineup?

Forget how bad Voros played his last game, and somebody answer that question....It's not like Renney is taking out Mike Gartner here....

Pruchas play tailed off after his little streak......I'd rather see Fritsche in the lineup over both Voros and Prucha simply because Voros and Prucha have been given chances this year....

I think it's obvious that Renney wants somebody to screen the goaltender on the power play....that's why it's Voros that's playing...
Jees, thats convenient for your argument. Ok, so lets throw out Pruchas last 2 games then.

??? What has Voros done to stay in the lineup? I'd love to hear this one.

Old
01-27-2009, 12:49 PM
Section311

Lets Go Rangers

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 12:53 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Jees, thats convenient for your argument. Ok, so lets throw out Pruchas last 2 games then.

ok......

what did prucha do in the 07 playoffs?

what did prucha do last season?

what did prucha do in the 08 playoffs?

what did prucha do this season?

this is fun......

You know what you are getting with Voros......these games are to important to hope that the good prucha shows up....for all the talk about his effort his last stint it tailed off very quickly....

guess you didn't actually read my post about how i think Fritsche should be in the lineup over both Voros and Prucha.....oh well..

Old
01-27-2009, 12:54 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post

helped us get penalties so our PK keeps getting the practice to stay in tip top shape.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 12:55 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
ok......

what did prucha do in the 07 playoffs?

what did prucha do last season?

what did prucha do in the 08 playoffs?

what did prucha do this season?

this is fun......

You know what you are getting with Voros......these games are to important to hope that the good prucha shows up....for all the talk about his effort his last stint it tailed off very quickly....

crap is what your getting... that's the problem

at least Prucha can sometimes pot some goals, or make a play.

I'm not a prucha fan by any means, but Voros is awful and should never touch NHL ice. In fact he wouldn't even be a top 6 player in the AHL. Maybe... just maybe ECHL if theres an injury.

I can understand benching prucha... I cannot understand playing Voros.

Old
01-27-2009, 01:02 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
crap is what your getting... that's the problem

at least Prucha can sometimes pot some goals, or make a play.I'm not a prucha fan by any means, but Voros is awful and should never touch NHL ice. In fact he wouldn't even be a top 6 player in the AHL. Maybe... just maybe ECHL if theres an injury.

I can understand benching prucha... I cannot understand playing Voros.
which has happened so often the past 3 seasons...

if prucha was signed as a free agent after his 30 goal season people would be calling for him to be waived right now....this emotional attachment to prucha (not calling you out rags but others) is mind-boggling to me....

Old
01-27-2009, 01:05 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
which has happened so often the past 3 seasons...

if prucha was signed as a free agent after his 30 goal season people would be calling for him to be waived right now....this emotional attachment to prucha (not calling you out rags but others) is mind-boggling to me....
like I said, i have no problems w/ Prucha being benched. I just have problems w/ Voros in the lineup.

I actually feel that Prucha (despite being small) does more for us in the lineup than Voros.

The entire season I thought that Fritsche should have gotten a shot over both to see what he can do, but he was just waived.

So now I hope we bring up Ani, move Capt Cash to wing, and bench both Prucha and Voros.