HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fritsche Waived - (Update: Clears Waivers)

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2009, 12:49 PM
DontStepanMe

vCash: 500
Fritsche Waived - (Update: Clears Waivers)

Source: Leafs Lunch - Darren Dreger

this is from another poster in the Trades forum. Take it for what it's worth. If its true there should be a link soon.

I think he will be claimed by somebody if this is true.

Old
01-27-2009, 12:53 PM
Pizza

If true, I'm surprised they could'nt get anything for him.

Guys got some size and speed, but has not looked too good from the little I've seen of him.

Old
01-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 895
Yea...

Old
01-27-2009, 12:55 PM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Kinda sucks.

Yeah the guy did nothing for us all year but I thought they might be able to get something for him.

Old
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Interesting move by the Rangers, since this is obviously being done to clear some cap and a roster spot, I'm curious if they are going to call up Sanguinetti or Anisimov. Or perhaps we should start anticipating a trade?

They probably would have been better off waiving Voros though...

Old
gravytrain6t

So that's what. .875 off the pay roll if the source is correct. I think someone will most certainly pick him up. I see a lot more potential in him than Rissmiller.

Old
01-27-2009, 12:57 PM
asparkoflife

So I guess this means someone from Hartford will be getting a call...

Old
Son of Steinbrenner

this is too bad.....i hope this mean anisimov is coming up...

Old
DontStepanMe

I don't understand why they never really gave him a fair shot, but give Voros a million looks. I thought the kid had some real potential to be a solid 3rd line player.

Maybe this does mean we will call up Ani. Would love to see that.

Old
01-27-2009, 12:59 PM
ManicSubsidal15

Send a message via AIM to ManicSubsidal15
I always thought he had the potential of being a good player here. He went double digits in goals on a columbus team that didnt really have much support on offense besides for Nash and Zherdev. If it wasn't for the insane forward log jam we have this year he'd prolly be a third liner

Old
01-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Salvage21

should be another 350K pro-rated off the cap. I love how everyone says the Rangers have no cap space.. With Fritche(presumably off the books) the Rangers will have two million in cap space. That's enough to bring in a 5 million dollar player(for this season).

Old
01-27-2009, 01:03 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
I'm surprised that we couldn't get even a late pick for him. Whatever, he wasn't going to get a shot here, so it's no loss.

It's just pain.
Old
01-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Levitate

Probably doesn't mean anyone is coming up. The Rangers have been fine with carrying 6 defensemen all year, and still have a spare forward.

Old
01-27-2009, 01:06 PM
Synergy27

If there isn't a trade on the horizon, I hope to see Potter or Sanguinetti moved up full-time. It's crazy that they have been able to get away with having only 6 defenseman on the roster all season. Time to add another as insurance, and to remind the guys in the lineup that their jobs aren't guaranteed (this means you Dmitri).

Old
01-27-2009, 01:06 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

If you look at it this way, Prucha has a better chance of playing everyday now.

Old
01-27-2009, 01:07 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Probably doesn't mean anyone is coming up. The Rangers have been fine with carrying 6 defensemen all year, and still have a spare forward.
Probably right, but it could be a prerequisite for a trade.

Although Ani has been tearing upthe AHL. It might be time for him to get up here. Who knows maybe he does really well here, than we can dangle Speedy Gonzalez at the trade deadline and see if there are any takers.

Old
01-27-2009, 01:07 PM
SML

No second round pick? This is ridiculous!

Old
01-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
I thought Fritsche had a 2 way contract? Could some one specify? If that's the case why not just send him to Hartford?

Old
01-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
If there isn't a trade on the horizon, I hope to see Potter or Sanguinetti moved up full-time. It's crazy that they have been able to get away with having only 6 defenseman on the roster all season. Time to add another as insurance, and to remind the guys in the lineup that their jobs aren't guaranteed (this means you Dmitri).
Moved up full time to sit on the bench? Let's be realistic. They've done fine with 6 defensemen and it really only matters if they go on an extended road trip. In that case, I can see them bring someone up, but it doesn't do Potter of Sanguinetti (especially Sanguinetti) any good to sit and hope for an injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
Probably right, but it could be a prerequisite for a trade.

Although Ani has been tearing upthe AHL. It might be time for him to get up here. Who knows maybe he does really well here, than we can dangle Speedy Gonzalez at the trade deadline and see if there are any takers.
Yeah, there could be a trade coming. But I don't see it as a chance to bring up Anisimov unless a trade involving a forward happens. The Rangers would still have to sit someone to do that, not to mention a center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
I thought Fritsche had a 2 way contract? Could some one specify? If that's the case why not just send him to Hartford?
Two way contracts just mean that the player is paid less when they're sent to the AHL. Basically, two pay levels: one for the NHL and one for the AHL. It doesn't have anything to do with whether or not a player has to go through waivers

Old
01-27-2009, 01:12 PM
gravytrain6t

I'm glad for Fritche At least Columbus was playing him 60 to 70 games a season. I don't know how much better Dubinsky is than Fritche. Sure, Dubinsky has put up more numbers. But he also played with Jagr and Straka. IDK who Fritche had the privilege of playing on the same line with in Columbus. Guess who's probably getting waived next if he doesn't produce?

Old
01-27-2009, 01:16 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
No second round pick? This is ridiculous!
Where was ATL??

Old
01-27-2009, 01:17 PM
LetsGoBlueshirts

I think we definitely could have gotten something for him (he's still only 23!)... Also, this kid could be a solid third liner, too bad we have a roster full of 3rd liners and couldn't find a spot for him...

Old
01-27-2009, 01:20 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
I'm glad for Fritche At least Columbus was playing him 60 to 70 games a season. I don't know how much better Dubinsky is than Fritche. Sure, Dubinsky has put up more numbers. But he also played with Jagr and Straka. IDK who Fritche had the privilege of playing on the same line with in Columbus. Guess who's probably getting waived next if he doesn't produce?
Dubinsky is easily a better player than Fritsche. Even as he's having a "bad" year, Dubinsky is on pace to match his total from last season (when he played with Jagr oh my god!" and outscore any year Dan Fritsche has had.

Old
01-27-2009, 01:21 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Moved up full time to sit on the bench? Let's be realistic. They've done fine with 6 defensemen and it really only matters if they go on an extended road trip. In that case, I can see them bring someone up, but it doesn't do Potter of Sanguinetti (especially Sanguinetti) any good to sit and hope for an injury.
If it was up to me, Potter would be in the lineup and Kalinin would be on the bench, but I know that isn't happening. You have to admit, they have been very lucky to have gotten to this point carrying only 6 guys; it was a gamble that worked out. But, as the games get more intense down the stretch, the likelihood of needing that extra defenseman increases. It also couldn't hurt to have those guys practicing with the team and learning the system in case they do need to jump in full time down the stretch.

I don't think this scenario is unrealistic at all, although I do think it is far more likely that this is a cap space saving maneuver designed to make possible a trade down the road.

Old
01-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Levitate

They should be playing the same system in Hartford so that they don't have to learn it when they come up.

Closed Thread