HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game # 49 - 1/27/09 - New York Rangers VS. Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00 PM MSG (HD)

Old
01-27-2009, 12:09 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
LGR. Let's get off to a good start.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 12:09 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
like I said, i have no problems w/ Prucha being benched. I just have problems w/ Voros in the lineup.

I actually feel that Prucha (despite being small) does more for us in the lineup than Voros.

The entire season I thought that Fritsche should have gotten a shot over both to see what he can do, but he was just waived.

So now I hope we bring up Ani, move Capt Cash to wing, and bench both Prucha and Voros.
I agree on both points....actually posted the samething in another thread a little while ago....

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 12:14 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
ok......

what did prucha do in the 07 playoffs?

what did prucha do last season?

what did prucha do in the 08 playoffs?

what did prucha do this season?

this is fun......

You know what you are getting with Voros......these games are to important to hope that the good prucha shows up....for all the talk about his effort his last stint it tailed off very quickly....

guess you didn't actually read my post about how i think Fritsche should be in the lineup over both Voros and Prucha.....oh well..
Still didnt answer my question. Prucha hasnt been a liability defensively. Voros has. Despite his "effort" tailing off he is still more valuable to this team than Voros is IMO.

Looks like Fritsche just got waived...

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 01-27-2009 at 12:19 PM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 12:31 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Voros offers a wider variety of options than Prucha, carries a lower set of expectations, has been known to match his offensive output and, most importantly, Renney gets what he asks and what he wants out of him when he puts him in. You can whine about the penalties all you want, but Renney said go out and play with an edge, and he did.

I'm not a proponent of seeing Voros in before Prucha, but the reasons why he is seem pretty clear to me.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 12:33 PM
Synergy27

Well, according to Sam, pretty much all of us are going to be pissed off tonight. Fritsche waived, Prucha out, Korpedo in, Voros in:

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 12:44 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Still didnt answer my question. Prucha hasnt been a liability defensively. Voros has. Despite his "effort" tailing off he is still more valuable to this team than Voros is IMO.

Looks like Fritsche just got waived...
I did answer your question....

I don't think Voros should be in the lineup either but i would take him right now over prucha....

voros has more size......toughness......can screen a goaltender....am i happy he's in the lineup? not really but i can see why renney is going with him over prucha...

care to answer my questions...

what did prucha do in the 07 playoffs?

what did prucha do last season?

what did prucha do in the 08 playoffs?

what did prucha do this season?

give it a try....come on i can't get to the nhl.com stats page and i'd love to hear about the overflowing production from this great winger petr prucha....

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 12:59 PM
OverTheCap

Can Voros keep his penalty streak alive? I think he's taken at least 1 penalty in the last 4games he's played in.

The Garden Boobirds will have a field day with him tonight if he keeps taking stupid penalties.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 01:01 PM
CarolinaHurricanes85

Send a message via AIM to CarolinaHurricanes85
Good Luck tonight Rags fans. Should be a good one.

CarolinaHurricanes85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 01:04 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Ill be in the house...gotta start the second half off with a win.

LETS GO RANGERS

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 01:06 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Can Voros keep his penalty streak alive? I think he's taken at least 1 penalty in the last 4games he's played in.

The Garden Boobirds will have a field day with him tonight if he keeps taking stupid penalties.
3 straight games... so far his personal best this season was at least one penalty in 5 straight

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 01:30 PM
GoNikolaiZherdevGo

Hopefully the extended rest gave Gomez a chance to get healthier and focus on his game more. I'd like to see the naslund gomez zherdev line get another go.

GoNikolaiZherdevGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 02:12 PM
GarretJoseph*

I'm going with a 5-3 victory. 2 goals for Drury.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 02:24 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Voros offers a wider variety of options than Prucha, carries a lower set of expectations, has been known to match his offensive output and, most importantly, Renney gets what he asks and what he wants out of him when he puts him in. You can whine about the penalties all you want, but Renney said go out and play with an edge, and he did.

I'm not a proponent of seeing Voros in before Prucha, but the reasons why he is seem pretty clear to me.
Honestly I don't really feel like Voros offers that many more options. He's bigger than Prucha, but he's not really quite good enough to be a constant physical force out there. He maybe gets a good hit or so and then disappears. At least Prucha is effective on the forecheck, which Voros is not. At least Prucha is effective along the boards and playing a cycling game, which Voros is not. At least Prucha can pass the puck, which Voros can't. And in the end, Prucha ends up being just about as effective in front of the net as Voros because he has the hands to get to loose pucks instead of just hoping they deflect off of him.

I'm honestly pretty "meh" about using Voros unless he suddenly decides to show up like he did at the start of the season. He doesn't do much right out there.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 03:26 PM
mattyd99

Voros has taken 4 penalties in his last 2 games with 3 of them being offensive zone penalties and still gets in the lineup because of his "size". Guy can't win a battle along the boards, can't win a fight for his life, can't stay onsides with Zherdev and Dubinsky, and can't produce enough to even warrant being thought about in this lineup, yet he is in for Prucha. Dubinsky and Zherdev don't need size on their line, they are big enough, they need a scoring winger. He's in the lineup for his size yet he plays with two of our biggest forwards who are not out there for size, they're out for scoring. Ugh I'm done venting about this clown.

mattyd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 03:42 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Honestly I don't really feel like Voros offers that many more options. He's bigger than Prucha, but he's not really quite good enough to be a constant physical force out there. He maybe gets a good hit or so and then disappears. At least Prucha is effective on the forecheck, which Voros is not. At least Prucha is effective along the boards and playing a cycling game, which Voros is not. At least Prucha can pass the puck, which Voros can't. And in the end, Prucha ends up being just about as effective in front of the net as Voros because he has the hands to get to loose pucks instead of just hoping they deflect off of him.

I'm honestly pretty "meh" about using Voros unless he suddenly decides to show up like he did at the start of the season. He doesn't do much right out there.
Completely agree with everything here. Well said.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Honestly I don't really feel like Voros offers that many more options.
They may not be great options, but they're options that few others on the roster bring. Prucha's weak point is that other players on the roster do what he does already, but do it a little better or with more consistency. How many "Prucha's" do you want dressed tonight? That's what it comes down to IMO.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
They may not be great options, but they're options that few others on the roster bring. Prucha's weak point is that other players on the roster do what he does already, but do it a little better or with more consistency. How many "Prucha's" do you want dressed tonight? That's what it comes down to IMO.
I'm probably being too harsh on Voros, but he's annoyed me too many times by being on a scoring line despite not being able to do anything offensively except stand in front of the net. I don't even think he's good along the boards.

So, I don't know. You say Prucha doesn't bring much to the lineup, but if there's one thing, I'd say it's that he forechecks better than anyone in the lineup not named Ryan Callahan. He's created a lot of chances and goals by being relentless. It's sad that he's so much smaller than Voros, but so much more useful at that kind of stuff.

but, whatever, I'm not that upset about it or anything. Just wish Prucha got as much leeway as other guys on the roster seem to

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Vitto79

Voros is in for Prucha?...........ugh

if Fritsche is waived then just deal Prucha and get that salary off too.............I hope Fritsche clears and plays in Hartford with Rissmiller the rest of the year

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 04:18 PM
dank

defibrillators please, for this dis-heartening season...

one heartbeat at a time though..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 04:36 PM
nyr420

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Lunchbox View Post
lets go boys ill be in the building 2night show me why i bleed blue and hopefully have somethin good 2 say 2 vally at the signing on thurs
have fun larry.

nyr420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Vitto79

I have said it for a while but moving Prucha and Kalinin for a cheaper Dman would make sense.......it clears cap space

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 05:08 PM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

vCash: 873
Lgr!

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 05:16 PM
FromDubiToZherdev*

Send a message via AIM to FromDubiToZherdev* Send a message via MSN to FromDubiToZherdev*
I hate this. Prucha's puck control is amazing and he always draws penalties. As we have seen before, Voros is a penalty machine and can't backcheck for ****.

FromDubiToZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 05:22 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
As for whether sending Fritsche down would allow the team to bring up a seventh defenseman, Renney said it would be his preference, but that it wasn’t up to him.

“Yeah, it would be nice,” Renney said. “At this point in time, I should really just concentrate on coaching the team.”
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Is proof that Renney really has no say in the roster decisions. And that he doesn't have all the parts he would like.

That said, he DOES have control over who dresses and who doesn't... and there is no excuse for Voros and his stupid penalties to be in the lineup.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 05:26 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

JUST WIN.

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote