HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Impressions of the boys during All-Star Weekend

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2009, 06:26 PM
Mr Underhill

vCash: 500
Impressions of the boys during All-Star Weekend

My impressions:

Vinny: Both the Montreal organization and the fans did all they could to lure him to Montreal. I have the NHL network, and during their ASG pre-game show, they interviewed Jean Beliveau and he said that he was talking to Vinny in the locker room and telling him "how good he looks in that red uniform". The Habs also had Guy Lafleur talk to Vinny as well. As far as Vinny's performance, he looked a little lackluster.

Marty: He had a great overall weekend. He should have won the trick shot contest, and was a close bid for MVP of the game. He also got a great response from the crowd.

Stammer: I think this is going to be a huge confidence boost for him. He was great in the trick shot and showed the most enthusiasm of all the contestants. He also look good in the Young Star Game. He had one of the prettiest plays of the weekend as well with his tic-tac-toe goal with Luke Schenn.

Last edited by Mr Underhill: 01-26-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old
01-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Sear91

All of them did well. Marty just proves that he shouldn't have been an alternate, but on the true team.

Old
01-26-2009, 07:53 PM
bladoww
Team of the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdvda View Post
Vinny: Both the Montreal organization and the fans did all they could to lure him to Montreal. I have the NHL network, and during their ASG pre-game show, they interviewed Jean Beliveau and he said that he was talking to Vinny in the locker room and telling him "how good he looks in that red uniform". The Habs also had Guy Lafleur talk to Vinny as well. As far as Vinny's performance, he looked a little lackluster.
I didn't get to see very much of it, but the word is that Vinny looked embarassed or borderline pissed with the ovation. He just strikes me as the type of guy that doesn't want every move he makes scrutinized in the Montreal media if he were to play up there.

Old
01-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Mr Underhill

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladoww View Post
I didn't get to see very much of it, but the word is that Vinny looked embarassed or borderline pissed with the ovation. He just strikes me as the type of guy that doesn't want every move he makes scrutinized in the Montreal media if he were to play up there.
Its probably safe to say that he was overwhelmed with the attention that he was getting. If he played in Montreal he would get the kind of attention that Derek Jeter gets in New York City. Whether or not he wants to deal with that every day of his life is questionable.

Old
01-26-2009, 09:49 PM
LecavaYeahBaby

Send a message via AIM to LecavaYeahBaby Send a message via Yahoo to LecavaYeahBaby Send a message via Skype™ to LecavaYeahBaby
Yeah i saw the Jean Beliveau interview as well. It pissed me off but Vinny has never wanted to play there. He didn't seem like he enjoyed all the attention and fan fare. Who knows, im not Vinny but he just didn't look like it was that much fun for him. Push comes to shove i think he'll stay but im not going to sit here and worry about it. Whatever happens i'll deal with it when it happens, thats what everyone else should do as well.

Old
01-27-2009, 03:51 AM
bassassin

If the ASG hadnt been in Montreal Marty would have won MVP, as soon as Kovalev had a goal I knew he was going to be the MVP, and I only watched half the game.

Old
01-27-2009, 07:44 AM
Maria

I didn't like what they did to Vinny, during the ovation he looked very uncomfortable, sure is a nice thing to do, but come on leave the guy alone, to even have Jean Beliveau tell him he looks good in red was way too much. Vinny was in a very tough place, he didn't want to diss his hometown, and at the same time he had to be careful not to say anything that will freak us out.

Marty was great, he made us proud.

Old
01-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 3375
Quote:
Originally Posted by antdvda View Post

Trust me they tried everything in the book , and it was 100 worst with the french Media. They did everything from Beliveau talking to him , Brisebois having dinner with Vinny ( they even said on RDS that they were hoping that Brisebois would convince Vinny to come playing with them , just like Martin Biron did with Briere in Phily ) , to Pierre Boivin joking in an interview, saying he would ask Julien to put Vinny on the same line as Kovalev just so he could get used playing with him.

Old
01-27-2009, 01:27 PM
DaHabMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
If the ASG hadnt been in Montreal Marty would have won MVP, as soon as Kovalev had a goal I knew he was going to be the MVP, and I only watched half the game.
he also had 2 goals and an assist plus the game-winning goal in the shootout so i think that justifies him winning it. But others players that were favorites to win were svard and souray whom also had 3 points each.

Old
01-27-2009, 01:55 PM
peanutvendor

ugh you guys are forgetting that while ovechkin sat there, vinny was named to the starting lineup....go figure.

i thought all of it was very crass and unprofessional. i was mad, habs should be embarassed. i think they did the wrong thing ethically, and knowing how vinnie is not a fan of the spotlight, the canadiens and canadians probably elevated his not wanting to go there more than actually making him consider it more.

Closed Thread