HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fritsche Waived - (Update: Clears Waivers)

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2009, 01:57 PM
RANGERS2448

vCash: 500
has this bin confirmed anywhere yet

Old
01-27-2009, 02:07 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Come one now, let's not get personal.

Old
01-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERS2448 View Post
has this bin confirmed anywhere yet
Yes, RDS confirmed it.

Quote:
Les Rangers de New York ont placé le nom de Dan Fritsche au ballottage mardi.
http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/267899.html

Translates to: The NY Rangers placed Dan Fritsche on waivers today.

Old
01-27-2009, 02:10 PM
asparkoflife

Weinman is reporting this is confirmed

Quote:
The Rangers have confirmed that they placed Dan Fritsche on waivers. It’s unclear whether this is a precautionary move to clear up salary cap space for down the road, or a precursor to something else more imminent.

Old
01-27-2009, 02:10 PM
GarretJoseph*

Ever notice when the Rangers take a break that fights break out all over these boards?

Old
01-27-2009, 02:12 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
I hope Renney puts him in and scores a hat trick just for you Professor!! And no one picks him and Renney starts him game after game.
puts in who Dubinsky, or Fritsche? its not quite clear who you are referring too. I think it might be Fritsche.

edit: Never mind: When you said picks him? you meant a team picking him up from waivers I assume. So this must be Fritsche. With that being said, there isn't a shot in hell he gets a hat trick. Dubi might though. he is good enough to I believe.

Old
01-27-2009, 02:19 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Yea okay LevitatOR. Don't get all offensive on the boards with me boy. Getting into my reading comprehension. Insults. pshh. You suffer from what some call "key board toughness." Easy to deliver insults while in the privacy of your own basement. Ya know?
Wow. You're a genius. Seriously. "You've seen things that Dubinsky has done that Fritche hasn't!!" "He is younger than Fritche." Very observant. The age difference is overwhelmingly obvious . Just to let you know Professor of English Comprehension, If I may? Before your nerves get pinched, and you jump to the defense of Dubinsky like he's your husband, I was just saying how Fritche is still young and it's too early to tell yet, what he might be capable of. I said I was happy for him that he's getting a second chance, hopefully. But now I hope he doesn't LEVITATOR.

I hope Renney puts him in and scores a hat trick just for you Professor!! And no one picks him and Renney starts him game after game.
You're acting pretty silly and all my points still flew right over your head.

Look, Dubinsky scored more points last year than Fritsche has scored in his previous years in the NHL. Dubinsky is on the same pace this year, without Jagr. He's younger than Fritsche, which I bring up soley because you're talking about how young Fritsche is. If we're holding out hope for Fritsche to become something more than he is, then the same can be said for Dubinsky, who has shown me more skill and dynamic play than Fritsche. Fritsche didn't get a lot of games, but part of that is his fault for not showing anything out there. He couldn't earn himself a roster spot, he couldn't keep himself a roster spot. If he goes off and does well, good for him. But I still haven't seen anything out of him that makes me think he's better than Dubinsky in any way, and he doesn't have any advantages over Dubinsky in terms of age, etc.

Sorry I had to spell that out for you

Old
01-27-2009, 02:26 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
puts in who Dubinsky, or Fritsche? its not quite clear who you are referring too. I think it might be Fritsche.

edit: Never mind: When you said picks him? you meant a team picking him up from waivers I assume. So this must be Fritsche. With that being said, there isn't a shot in hell he gets a hat trick. Dubi might though. he is good enough to I believe.
Careful Rags, you're running the risk of incurring the wrath of the gravytrain with inflammatory comments like this...

Seriously guys, are we debating Dubinsky vs. Fritsche? Really? I was a huge supporter of the Fritsche acquisition; I was sure he was more than just a throw-in. But he has done NOTHING here. Sure he only got 16 games, but there is a reason for that. Wish him well and move on. This move has no impact, on its own, to this team.

Old
01-27-2009, 02:29 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
Careful Rags, you're running the risk of incurring the wrath of the gravytrain with inflammatory comments like this...

Seriously guys, are we debating Dubinsky vs. Fritsche? Really? I was a huge supporter of the Fritsche acquisition; I was sure he was more than just a throw-in. But he has done NOTHING here. Sure he only got 16 games, but there is a reason for that. Wish him well and move on. This move has no impact, on its own, to this team.
very true. I am very curious on what the next move might be.

Old
01-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Quote:
Yea okay LevitatOR. Don't get all offensive on the boards with me boy. Getting into my reading comprehension. Insults. pshh. You suffer from what some call "key board toughness." Easy to deliver insults while in the privacy of your own basement. Ya know?
Wow. You're a genius. Seriously. "You've seen things that Dubinsky has done that Fritche hasn't!!" "He is younger than Fritche." Very observant. The age difference is overwhelmingly obvious . Just to let you know Professor of English Comprehension, If I may? Before your nerves get pinched, and you jump to the defense of Dubinsky like he's your husband, I was just saying how Fritche is still young and it's too early to tell yet, what he might be capable of. I said I was happy for him that he's getting a second chance, hopefully. But now I hope he doesn't LEVITATOR.

Are you seriously jumping down Lev's throat now?

You're making a ridiculous comparison and somehow everybody else is at blame?

Lev's been here for ages, man... knows his *****... give it a rest

Old
01-27-2009, 02:53 PM
In The Flesh

we couldn't get a 5th?

oh well. Kinda happy, if he gets clamied at least he'll be playing.

Old
01-27-2009, 03:07 PM
glees68
la di da di

Send a message via AIM to glees68
He didn't even have a fair chance to show off his talent. I would rather have seen Voros go. Anyway, I hope Sather calls up Anisimov. The man is a house

Old
01-27-2009, 03:11 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

not surprised. he wasnt a renney fave. he was just another 3rd liner who never showed enought when he got a chance to play. korpedo has a better overall game. voros is bigger. pruchas done more and has the better resume.

not a huge loss. more of a musical chairs deal and when the music stopped he didnt have a seat.

as to what it means, it probably means that his agent said to slats, "play him or let him go". they may already have a new team for him. i doubt it means were gonna do anything at all. we had too many 3rd liners. this just means prucha plays more imo.

good luck to him with another organization.

Old
01-27-2009, 03:25 PM
Section311

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
we couldn't get a 5th?

oh well. Kinda happy, if he gets clamied at least he'll be playing.
I know.....especially after we got a fifth for hollweg

Old
01-27-2009, 03:29 PM
Fletch

oh well...no biggie here. He was a redundant player.

Old
01-27-2009, 03:37 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
maybe the return of jagr anyone?

Old
01-27-2009, 03:45 PM
TheHotRock

i'm shocked at how many of you want to see anisimov called up now.

so renney can give him 4 minutes one night, scratch him for the next 2 and then repeat?

let him play out the year in hartford. pretty sure the organization knows what they have here and expect him to make the team out of camp next year. maybe slats will try to move a center in the summer. i'm pretty sure gomer and dru will be making less than their cap hits next season due to the frontloading.

Old
01-27-2009, 03:53 PM
Fletch

Anisimov should remain in Hartford, and sadly, so should've have Korpikoski.

Old
01-27-2009, 03:58 PM
TheHotRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I really hope renney gets his head out of his ass and gets Lauri back on the Dubinsky-Zherdev line. Also, that line needs to be the second pp unit.

Old
01-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Vitto79

no one from Hartford coming up, why?

this does blow if so, he doesnt deserve to be waived......I mean Hollweg got a 5th

Old
01-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I don't necessarily think having Korpikoski up is a bad thing as long as he plays and gets some icetime. But yeah, Anisimov should stay in Hartford unless he's going to actually get good icetime with the Rangers, and even then, I'm not sure he's 100% ready

Old
01-27-2009, 04:08 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

I expect the Keith Tkachuk rumors to gain momentum in the next few days. This will get done quickly.

He'll be a Ranger.

Tkachuk-Gomez-Callahan
Naslund-Dubinsky-Zherdev
Dawes-Drury-Korpikoski
Sjostrom-Betts-Orr

I have a feeling Prucha may be part of the package, and maybe more players are involved.

Old
01-27-2009, 04:11 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
If true, I'm surprised they could'nt get anything for him.

Guys got some size and speed, but has not looked too good from the little I've seen of him.
16 games of limited ice all season...I don't think anyone has seen much of him. Previous career average, prior to the Rangers, seems to indicate he could be a 10-15 goal scoring 3rd or 4th liner. A guy like that should be worth something. Hollweg fetched a 5th and guys like Moore and Dupuis fetch earlier picks. Fritsche should be worth something.

Old
01-27-2009, 04:15 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I don't necessarily think having Korpikoski up is a bad thing as long as he plays and gets some icetime. But yeah, Anisimov should stay in Hartford unless he's going to actually get good icetime with the Rangers, and even then, I'm not sure he's 100% ready
I'd like to see AA up in the bigs for a game or two here and there. Just to see how he does in the N.

At 19 I was really against him coming up to the NHL because he needed to mature a lot, physically. Although I still think he'll continue to fill out, I don't think he's the thin youngster he once was.

Old
01-27-2009, 04:16 PM
The Thomas J.*

Too bad we did not use him the right way, even worse we could not get a late round pick.

Closed Thread