HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fritsche Waived - (Update: Clears Waivers)

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by _AC_ View Post
I expect the Keith Tkachuk rumors to gain momentum in the next few days. This will get done quickly.

He'll be a Ranger.

Tkachuk-Gomez-Callahan
Naslund-Dubinsky-Zherdev
Dawes-Drury-Korpikoski
Sjostrom-Betts-Orr

I have a feeling Prucha may be part of the package, and maybe more players are involved.
No idea about soon but I think so aswell......he makes sense and the Blues and Rangers have a good relationship

and JD likes Prucha. Send over a 2nd rounder with him and it makes sense

Old
01-27-2009, 05:20 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

depending on the package going the other way i might be too upset about this if for no other reason to stop the annual tkachuk talk, **** or get off the pot.

and am i really seeing people getting pissed or even surprised about fritche the etheopian legged wonderchild being waived? the only thing im pissed about is this didnt happen by week 2 of the season. He looks like a underdeveloped pre-pubescant fella on the ice, maybe you're right maybe "he's just young" ahaha stop it...he spend more time on his ass than prucha and has NOOOO hands. I watched him in warmups last week and i dont think he even came close to hitting the net once, in fact i saw him riffle one to the top of the netting from the hashmarks, pretty impressive actually. good riddance, and way to go glen saving a ginormous 350K in cap space...brilliant.

Old
01-27-2009, 05:21 PM
Levitate

If he had any value in a trade, then the Rangers would have traded him. Obviously they couldn't get a late round pick for him

Old
01-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Rust Heisenberg

i think tkachuk is our fall back option to antropov and kovalchuk. i think sather notices that we need to be able to open up some cap space to be able to resign Z Dubi Dawes etc... and i think Antropov would be the first person Sather looks into, then Kovalchuk if the price is right he'll bite, and then the aging tkachuk. idk how much help tkachuk would provide as he is getting older but who knows he could be the missing link to a championship...

Old
01-27-2009, 05:25 PM
Rust Heisenberg

oh i dont mean that sather will go after all 3 i just mean if he cant get antropov or kovalchuk then tkachuk becomes a significant option... sorry for the confusion.

Old
01-27-2009, 05:28 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Fritsche is someone you don't want on your team. Extremely unbalanced at all times on that ice, very wobbly in his skates. Many horrid descisions with the puck leading to many giveaways. Not a smart player.Good riddance.

Old
01-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
i think tkachuk is our fall back option to antropov and kovalchuk. i think sather notices that we need to be able to open up some cap space to be able to resign Z Dubi Dawes etc... and i think Antropov would be the first person Sather looks into, then Kovalchuk if the price is right he'll bite, and then the aging tkachuk. idk how much help tkachuk would provide as he is getting older but who knows he could be the missing link to a championship...
I would be fine with Antropov especially cause he is cheap. Burke said he wants bigger players so maybe Voros. Hopefully they would take Prucha and a 3rd rounder........that is pretty good for a UFA

Old
01-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Sathersretirementjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
Kinda sucks.

Yeah the guy did nothing for us all year but I thought they might be able to get something for him.
Lets see play him one game bench him again and again then play him here and there sparingly, bench him for 20 games to really get him out of game shape then play him once. No surprise he has done nothing for you, sure glad you aren't the coach.

But then again coach Renney has never played the game and gets zero respect from his players for that. The only thing saving his butt right now is a hot goalie.

Last edited by Sathersretirementjob: 01-27-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old
01-27-2009, 05:52 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post

Antropov & Tkachuk would be sick! Lot's of size, skill & grit on the wings that we need.

Old
01-27-2009, 06:18 PM
alkurtz

Quote:
Fritsche is someone you don't want on your team. Extremely unbalanced at all times on that ice, very wobbly in his skates. Many horrid descisions with the puck leading to many giveaways. Not a smart player.Good riddance.
I must have seen a different player: the player I saw has a very similar skill set to Ryan Callahan. He just never had the extended opportunity to show what he could do. It's amazing how lucky the Rangers have been with regards to injuries. I can't recall a team that has been so injury free (luck? superb off ice conditioning?). On any other team Fritsche, Potter, Fahey, Anisimov, and others, would already have seen considerable ice time. I have no doubt that given the opportunity, Fritsche, a high energy player, would have become a fan favorite. To bad....I really liked the guy.

Old
01-27-2009, 06:21 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Sounds more like Voros.

Old
01-27-2009, 06:24 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Sounds more like Voros.
Sounds EXACTLY like Voros.

Except you'd have to add: takes mind-numbingly-stupid penalties every game.

Old
01-27-2009, 06:26 PM
Macke*

So 2 million in cap space now?

Old
01-27-2009, 06:29 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
Interesting move by the Rangers, since this is obviously being done to clear some cap and a roster spot, I'm curious if they are going to call up Sanguinetti or Anisimov. Or perhaps we should start anticipating a trade?

They probably would have been better off waiving Voros though...
I think they're hoping Fritchse gets claimed. He seemed like a throw-in in the Zherdev deal.

I know he's become very unpopular very quickly here but I don't mind Voros as a guy that sees the line-up once or twice a week and plays 40-50 games. He has a good enough attitude where I think he'll be ok with being a healthy scratch.

He's also probably got some trade value because of his size.

While Fritsche had size, he didn't really seem to use it at all. Voros at least parks in front of the net, got deflections, would take a pounding. He's streaky in other aspects of the game, beginning of the year when he was scoring he was winning battles in the corners and hitting, after that not so much.

Old
01-27-2009, 06:32 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Fritsche didn't do anything in training camp to warrant playing time, he got some ice time and looked DECENT but nothing spectacular at the start, and then was the odd man out after that. Who do you bench for him? Dawes, Prucha, Callahan, Dubinsky, Sjostrom, Betts, Orr...they all had a place in the lineup. Fritsche didn't. Seemed like a hard working guy, but he's just another north american forward that belongs on a 3rd line or even 4th line somewhere. We've got enough of those. Odd man out, and he didn't do enough to really be decent trade bait.

Old
01-27-2009, 06:34 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkurtz View Post
I must have seen a different player: the player I saw has a very similar skill set to Ryan Callahan. He just never had the extended opportunity to show what he could do. It's amazing how lucky the Rangers have been with regards to injuries. I can't recall a team that has been so injury free (luck? superb off ice conditioning?). On any other team Fritsche, Potter, Fahey, Anisimov, and others, would already have seen considerable ice time. I have no doubt that given the opportunity, Fritsche, a high energy player, would have become a fan favorite. To bad....I really liked the guy.

I saw that player too actually, Glimpses of it anyway.

Old
01-27-2009, 06:49 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
no one from Hartford coming up, why?

this does blow if so, he doesnt deserve to be waived......I mean Hollweg got a 5th
Remember how many times this season people have told you that your proposals were ridiculous? That these players have NO VALUE?

Old
01-27-2009, 06:59 PM
shoothepuck

Keep freeing up cap space Glen

Old
01-27-2009, 07:04 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
Keep freeing up cap space Glen
ditto......Prucha and Kalinin next please

Old
01-27-2009, 09:23 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

I see a lot of comments about whether or not he deserved to be waived (and count me in the camp that feels he never had a chance to show what he could do, but that's not germane to this post), but not much as to why he was waived. And why now? If we could carry him for ~50 games, why couldn't we carry him through the trading deadline? Or all season? Why give up an asset (never mind if you think that asset was worth a 2nd round pick or a 7th)?

I guess there's a possibility that he had some sort of gentleman's agreement with Fritsche/his agent to waive him if he didn't have a role/trade for him by the allstar break. But frankly, this is a business and that doesn't make much business sense. As I said, he's an asset and that's giving an asset away for free. And besides, you could always do the same thing after the deadline passes. So this must pressage some other move, no? The question is... what move?

Old
01-27-2009, 10:05 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathersretirementjob View Post
Lets see play him one game bench him again and again then play him here and there sparingly, bench him for 20 games to really get him out of game shape then play him once. No surprise he has done nothing for you, sure glad you aren't the coach.

But then again coach Renney has never played the game and gets zero respect from his players for that. The only thing saving his butt right now is a hot goalie.
Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I see a lot of comments about whether or not he deserved to be waived (and count me in the camp that feels he never had a chance to show what he could do, but that's not germane to this post), but not much as to why he was waived. And why now? If we could carry him for ~50 games, why couldn't we carry him through the trading deadline? Or all season? Why give up an asset (never mind if you think that asset was worth a 2nd round pick or a 7th)?

I guess there's a possibility that he had some sort of gentleman's agreement with Fritsche/his agent to waive him if he didn't have a role/trade for him by the allstar break. But frankly, this is a business and that doesn't make much business sense. As I said, he's an asset and that's giving an asset away for free. And besides, you could always do the same thing after the deadline passes. So this must pressage some other move, no? The question is... what move?
You seem to be assuming that Glen didn't even attempt to move him. I'm of the opposite assumption, that Glen tried to move him but had no takers. Looking at it from my perspective, if there were no takers at all, then he really wasn't an asset.

It's just pain.
Old
01-27-2009, 10:21 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Seriously?

You seem to be assuming that Glen didn't even attempt to move him. I'm of the opposite assumption, that Glen tried to move him but had no takers. Looking at it from my perspective, if there were no takers at all, then he really wasn't an asset.
So then why waive him at all? You've had a free roster spot since you moved Rissmiller down to HFD and his ~$320K of remaining salary is hardly going to make any kind of difference against the cap.

I dunno, maybe it's just to move him down to HFD, but why? If you keep him with the big club, you can use him in event of injury. But if you waive him, you risk losing him twice (and the second time you'd have to pay half his salary) before he can ever help the big club again.

Old
01-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Vitto79

[QUOTE=Sting36e;17565014]Remember how many times this season people have told you that your proposals were ridiculous? That these players have NO VALUE

so ur saying Dawes and Prucha have no value?.......same with Voros?....if so that is not a good thing cause they will get no one in a deal

Old
01-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Vitto79

[QUOTE=BrooklynRangersFan;17572304]So then why waive him at all? You've had a free roster spot since you moved Rissmiller down to HFD and his ~$320K of remaining salary is hardly going to make any kind of difference against the cap.

If they make the playoffs they can call up anyone so that means Rissmiller/Fritsche if he clears..........their is no cap in the playoffs

Old
01-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Good. He was in renney's doghouse for no reason

Fritsche will go to another team with playing time and he very well could produce.

Closed Thread