HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Disapointed with Dickie Moore

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2009, 05:16 PM
HabsoluteFate

vCash: 500
Disapointed with Dickie Moore

I was at the all-star game this weekend and met Dickie Moore on Saturday. Basically this is how it went:

He was walking with what I'm assuming was his wife...i looked at him because i could swear i recognized the face i just could not place who he was. I was about 90% sure he had played for the Canadiens (hey give me a break i saw him on tv maybe a couple of times and not live...i wasnt even bord by the time he went into the hockey hall of fame i'm sure)

Anyways i did not say a word and he made the initial contact by saying hello. I said hello back and then I asked him if he played for the Canadiens. His answer was "no" and he walked away.

During the all-star game the following day they were presenting some of the players and who do I see as one of the players presented? well you obviously know the answer...needless to say i couldnt believe the guy responded this way...

not sure if he didnt like the fact that i couldnt place his name but i have to say i'm disapointed

Old
01-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

Lesson being...know the history of the Club!

Old
01-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Fergy22

He really is one of the nice guys in sports. Don't judge him on that one occasion. He is great to all fans who requests autographs, signing anything and everything. I've written to him a couple of times and he always replies promptly.

Old
01-27-2009, 05:22 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
I was at the all-star game this weekend and met Dickie Moore on Saturday. Basically this is how it went:

He was walking with what I'm assuming was his wife...i looked at him because i could swear i recognized the face i just could not place who he was. I was about 90% sure he had played for the Canadiens (hey give me a break i saw him on tv maybe a couple of times and not live...i wasnt even bord by the time he went into the hockey hall of fame i'm sure)

Anyways i did not say a word and he made the initial contact by saying hello. I said hello back and then I asked him if he played for the Canadiens. His answer was "no" and he walked away.

During the all-star game the following day they were presenting some of the players and who do I see as one of the players presented? well you obviously know the answer...needless to say i couldnt believe the guy responded this way...

not sure if he didnt like the fact that i couldnt place his name but i have to say i'm disapointed

Old
01-27-2009, 05:24 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:

Could be sarcasm, maybe you insulted him. I know when people ask me stupid questions like "Oh you woke up" I respond like "No actually this is a dream and your a puppet" I don't blame him if it was sarcasm.

Old
01-27-2009, 05:25 PM
Kriss E

Maybe he didn't want to answer yes because he thought you might start off a conversation that he had no interest in participating in.

Old
01-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:

are you 100% sure you said hello to Dickie? maybe the guy you said hi to really wasn't DM

and if it really was dickie he told you right .he doesnt play for the canadiens.

Old
01-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Haddock

He's Dickie Moore. He's allowed to do that.

Seriously, if this was really him and it really was sarcasm, I have an even greater opinion of him. And that's from a man who enjoyed his location items greatly in the past, so my opinion of the man is already very high.

Old
01-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:

Well Dude....you basically insulted the guy by not knowing who he was and by asking if he played for the Habs. Sure he could have been a little warmer to you, but thats like asking Gordie Howe if he played with the Red Wings.

Old
01-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Habs

Dickie Moore is like 75. If he lied, you should have taught him a lesson about respect, and booted his cane out of his hand while yelling "PWNED" at him.

Old
01-27-2009, 05:47 PM
kovalost27

Dickie Moore is a really nice and humble guy. Don't blame him, its all-star weekend and the last thing the guy probably wants is a bunched of crazed fans bombarding him once he discloses himself.

Old
01-27-2009, 05:50 PM
Mustafa*

Maybe he thought you were making fun of him, Dickie is a class act.

Old
01-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:

Pwned.

Old
01-27-2009, 06:07 PM
True_Canadiens

I know some people who met him and everyone of them told me he was a gentleman.

Old
01-27-2009, 06:11 PM
Amputechture

lol...I'm sorry dude, but this story actually made me laugh.

Old
01-27-2009, 07:15 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergy22 View Post
He really is one of the nice guys in sports. Don't judge him on that one occasion. He is great to all fans who requests autographs, signing anything and everything. I've written to him a couple of times and he always replies promptly.
i'm disapointed...doesnt mean i hate the guy...i've seen enough to know you cant judge someone so quickly

honestly though when i saw him i did laugh because i couldnt believe i had been had so to speak

maybe i should write to him and tell him he owes me an autograph now that i have finally figured out it was him lol...he might get a good laugh out of it...

and yes i'm 100% sure it was him....unless the guy got cloned...he looked "good" for someone his age

Old
01-27-2009, 07:29 PM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Quote:

im disapointed in you

Old
01-27-2009, 07:45 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceee View Post
im disapointed in you
i was 70% sure it was him when i saw him...what would offend a player more? Ask if he is someone else or forget exactly who he is? its not like i'm old....i know more about older habs players than most sens fans know about their team 5 years ago

Old
01-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Rayne*

Quote:

Maybe you should've looked to the rafters for that "Moore 12" to make sure before you asked.

Old
01-27-2009, 07:49 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
Maybe you should've looked to the rafters for that "Moore 12" to make sure before you asked.
i know the guy's name...that isnt the point. if you remember every face you ever see good for you...i've seen him on tv a couple of times. i don't have photographic memory like all of you guys seem to....so sue me

Old
01-27-2009, 07:51 PM
tigidou

So...

who's more of an ass... Him by *supposedly* being offended by you, or you by the silly situation ?

Who cares he said that, that's funny.. maybe you made his day and he had a laugh with his wife..

Old
01-27-2009, 07:53 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigidou View Post
So...

who's more of an ass... Him by *supposedly* being offended by you, or you by the silly situation ?

Who cares he said that, that's funny.. maybe you made his day and he had a laugh with his wife..
you obviously have a few things to learn about women...she probably gave him a beating afterwards lol

Old
01-27-2009, 07:57 PM
tigidou

or dumped him for another old timer a little more recognizable

Old
01-27-2009, 07:59 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigidou View Post
or dumped him for another old timer a little more recognizable
keeping dreaming....

Old
01-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Thanks for the story HabsoluteFate, but this one is done.