Old
01-27-2009, 02:34 PM
theheadmata

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to theheadmata
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaStars99 View Post
mid 30s and lower
I was just informed that we are closing the office in 30 minutes for the ARCTIC BLAST, and to call in tomorrow morning to see if I needed to work from home tomorrow or if the office would actually be open.

One of the girls I work with finds it very humorous since she is from Minnesota (moved here last year, she lived in MN for 28 years).

theheadmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 02:34 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
If they lose, I will castrate myself.
If you do that you will have a hole in your back!

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 02:56 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
shift

vCash: 27750
Todd White has 44 points this year.

How does that happen? He had 37 all of last year. He's been in the league for almost a decade.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 02:56 PM
Hull Fan
Czech Stop

I gotta find my ticket rep and ask if I can move to the lower bowl for this game. God knows there's going to be plenty of empty seats.

And Mata, I'll be flying solo tonight so if you still want to come and sit by a total stranger. Shoot me a pm or post here. We can meet up and I'll tell you all about the plethora of reasons the Stars suck this year. Starting with Turco and Tippet.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 02:59 PM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman View Post
If they lose, I will castrate myself.
Could I possibly buy a ticket that? I'm not interested in seeing your junk or anything. I just think I'd rather have that image in my head then a Stars loss to Atlanta.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 03:07 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
I gotta find my ticket rep and ask if I can move to the lower bowl for this game. God knows there's going to be plenty of empty seats.

And Mata, I'll be flying solo tonight so if you still want to come and sit by a total stranger. Shoot me a pm or post here. We can meet up and I'll tell you all about the plethora of reasons the Stars suck this year. Starting with Turco and Tippet.
Mata make sure you tap your foot 3 times...

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 03:09 PM
Chad_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
"Arctic Blast"?

What kind of cold weather do you folks get down in Texas that would classify as Arctic?
It's a really, really stupid slogan all four local newscasts do down here when the weather gets into the 30s with a chance for ice. But even mentioning it doesn't do the stupidity justice.

The words on the screen are in some sort of ice font with icecycles (sp?) draped off the letters, accompanied with ominous music. Both anchors and the weatherman all say "arctic blast" with regularity during the newscast and make it sound like that incredibly stupid Al Gore fantasy movie produced a few years back is ready to hit, complete with the roaming wolves.

I doubt there will be many people at the game. In fact, I'm guessing there will be around 5,000.

Modo, you don't understand just how paranoid people down here are when it comes to the mere possibility there will be inclement weather. You never will unless you move here and live here for at least a couple of years. Ice is one thing, but the same paranoia happens with snow.

About a decade ago when I was in college, Lubbock got hit with close to two feet of snow in less than 36 hours. Now that's a lot of snow regardless of your location. But snow doesn't really impede driving, and yet the streets were absolutely empty during the storm and even after most of it was cleared from the roads. Naturally I hit every red light no matter where I was going, but I'd be the only car on the road so I was waiting for no one else to pass through what would be, presumably, a green light.

Chad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 03:14 PM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post

You owe me a key board and a small piece of dignity. I just spit water on my keyboard and crap came out of my nose.

I'm at work and had to explan myself .......

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_ View Post
It's a really, really stupid slogan all four local newscasts do down here when the weather gets into the 30s with a chance for ice. But even mentioning it doesn't do the stupidity justice.

The words on the screen are in some sort of ice font with icecycles (sp?) draped off the letters, accompanied with ominous music. Both anchors and the weatherman all say "arctic blast" with regularity during the newscast and make it sound like that incredibly stupid Al Gore fantasy movie produced a few years back is ready to hit, complete with the roaming wolves.

I doubt there will be many people at the game. In fact, I'm guessing there will be around 5,000.

Modo, you don't understand just how paranoid people down here are when it comes to the mere possibility there will be inclement weather. You never will unless you move here and live here for at least a couple of years. Ice is one thing, but the same paranoia happens with snow.

About a decade ago when I was in college, Lubbock got hit with close to two feet of snow in less than 36 hours. Now that's a lot of snow regardless of your location. But snow doesn't really impede driving, and yet the streets were absolutely empty during the storm and even after most of it was cleared from the roads. Naturally I hit every red light no matter where I was going, but I'd be the only car on the road so I was waiting for no one else to pass through what would be, presumably, a green light.
I was in Texas at around this time last year, obviously I missed out on all this hysteria and "bad" weather, lol.

Would be funny to see those same news anchors, or anyone else down there paranoid about "cold" climates, spend a week in Toronto right about now. They'd go nuts.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 03:25 PM
Chad_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
I was in Texas at around this time last year, obviously I missed out on all this hysteria and "bad" weather, lol.

Would be funny to see those same news anchors, or anyone else down there paranoid about "cold" climates, spend a week in Toronto right about now. They'd go nuts.
You're an idiot if you think . . . . something. It'd been a couple of days and I needed a good laugh to go along with the foot tap thing.

I'm not certain if the newscasters here would go nuts. It's probable a decent portion thereof are from northern markets, but they just adapt to what is written for them and what the local populace seems to believe. But it's a hysteria down here that has always made me resent living in Texas. You can't talk people out of the hysteria either, I've tried, because it's just so ingrained with some people. Then again, I'm a native so I guess that gene just skipped my pool.

Old
01-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
You're an idiot if you think . . . . something. It'd been a couple of days and I needed a good laugh to go along with the foot tap thing.

I'm not certain if the newscasters here would go nuts. It's probable a decent portion thereof are from northern markets, but they just adapt to what is written for them and what the local populace seems to believe. But it's a hysteria down here that has always made me resent living in Texas. You can't talk people out of the hysteria either, I've tried, because it's just so ingrained with some people. Then again, I'm a native so I guess that gene just skipped my pool.
Funny how that works, though. I was born and raised here, and expect to be chilled to the bone each and every Canadian winter. Were I to pack up and move to Texas, I doubt I'd ever reach the same "hysteria" if I were to face, say, a heat wave or something.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 04:11 PM
theheadmata

Send a message via AIM to theheadmata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post

I would, but I already committed myself to babysit a server upgrade tonight while I watch the game. I'm all for Tippett bashing, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post
Hahaha

theheadmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 04:23 PM
Chad_

FYI, The Dallas Morning News actually has a weather blog (who knew?) and it's detailing the 'Arctic Blast,' what has already closed and what is being delayed already for tomorrow.

Note: I was just out on the roads and there is absolutely no ice. None. Zilch. Nada.

Anyways, I thought it might give some credence to my previous comment that there is hysteria down here when there's even a chance of inclement weather. TDMN has already reported this "could be the worst ice storm in five years." So that's why this storm and every other storm during the winter is called the 'Arctic Blast.'

Old
01-27-2009, 04:40 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
Note: I was just out on the roads and there is absolutely no ice. None. Zilch. Nada.
That's Dallas for ya.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 05:06 PM
catters078

Stars 6 Thrashers 3...

Lets go Stars!!

catters078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 05:09 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

K. I have 2 and a half hours to waste.

I'm bored.

Go Stars.

Old
01-27-2009, 05:18 PM
ArVeeDee

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
Todd White has 44 points this year.

How does that happen? He had 37 all of last year. He's been in the league for almost a decade.
He has major chemistry with Bryan Little and Slava Kozlov.

ArVeeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Ashe

True story..Nice GDT guys; Should be a great game..Looking forward to watching it on the stream.

Ps (Chaos you stink)

Ashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 05:50 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
shift

Robidas gets his cage off tonight.... the countdown to his next facial injury is on.

Old
01-27-2009, 06:12 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
Robidas gets his cage off tonight....
O Jesus.

Old
01-27-2009, 06:29 PM
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus

vCash: 1425
he didn't wear it during the all star game either, however there is more hitting in a peewee game than that game

DaStars99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 06:56 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
shift

current status: FREEZING DRIZZLE of death

Old
01-27-2009, 07:32 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
shift

noooooo Razor's mustache is gone

Old
01-27-2009, 07:33 PM
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus

vCash: 1425
yup very empty indeed

DaStars99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Caseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
K. I have 2 and a half hours to waste.

I'm bored.

Go Stars.
I did so by watching Zodiac. Now that's a waste of time.

Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote