HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post game thread (Habs lose 5-3)

Old
01-27-2009, 09:45 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

vCash: 500
Kaberle and Bouwmesteer wouldn't have made a difference tonight. We need a trop 6 forward that brings some grit on it!

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NewHabsEra*

Post game thread (Habs lose 5-3)

Plekanec
Lang
Hamrlik
Bouillon
Gorges

They all played like crap, I dont know whats happening with Plekanec but the guy is quite atrocious since the begin of the season, he is playing without any confidence.. Its time Carbo have a meeting face to face with him..

Our bottom defensemen played like crap again tonight.. Brisebois Gorges Bouillon have been atrocious lately, Hamrlik is having some real tough time as well, certainly not playing like a top 3 at the moment.. Gorges is exposed at the moment, I always thought he was hugely overrated on this board, he has a big heart, a good hockey sense but has pretty limited skills.. He is a good bottom pairing defenseman, nothing more and please Carbo, stop playing him on our PP!!

Lang was sleeping in the first, if he had been a little bit more awake, the game would have been quite different.. Didnt play pretty good in the second and third either..

On the positives, Kovalev was pretty good, had some moments with Paccioretty, was playing with passion, working hard and skating well..Plekanec was clearly the one dragging the line down..

I really liked OByrne tonight, especially in the second and third period, I thought his timing was great and was pretty overall effective..

The rest of the team had a good game in the whole, we have been pretty unlucky tonight but we couldnt score the ****ing goal that could have changed the result of the game.. Lightnings had very little chances but they just scored on about everything, they havent been the best team on the ice tonight, we clearly were.. Thats the kind of games Price dreams of when making nightmares, probably the most frustrating game of the season for him..

I thought we played well and surely deserved better but if we keep playing like that and the ones I wrote above play better hockey, Im not worried at all!

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalrecall View Post
too early for price to comeback?

we might try halak for couple games
It's not Price. Halak in net tonight and maybe we get scored on 6 or 7 times. Not saying Price was great, but it's hard to blame him. The way the D is going, not even Timmy Thomas could save us now.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 09:46 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Everything is fine. Everybody is great. Tomorrow is a another day. Better days will be coming. The future is near. Let's hope for the best.

I will copy and paste this after every loss....,cause there's NEVER anything to be worried about 'cause evidently Gainey HAS to know what he's doing. I mean clearly having 12 guys with no contracts for next year IS what was needed on that team.....probably the reason why after 3 succesful seasons, Ryder stopped caring for a team that was giving him 1-year contract every freakin year....And now on a team that rolls 4 lines where players will clearly be unsatisfied with their icetime, you have 10ish guys with no contracts playing for stats but not getting any 'cause of the way they are being used.....but Carbo clearly knows what he's doing.

But everything is just great....CLEARLY I'm just panicking because of that one single game....

I'll be more positive tomorrow, don't feel like it tonight....I was not expecting that kinda of performance tonight....I still believe that there are more problems to this team than we would all like to pretend especially if the goal is to go far in the playoffs.
Breath in and out WS.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
4 losses in the last 5 and the only win wasn't convincing at all (3-2 against Nashville at home in which they only got 20 SOG)
Well, we did win against the mighty Senators in SO.

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Maybe they should put more of an effort, then they will get the icetime.
+1000

They have to earn their ice time.
Frankly Lang's line was abysmal tonight (and in the 2 games before).

Time to reunite Koivu and Andrei.

I don't think the 2 brothers can play together for very long.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 09:47 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
blahblahblah
The train can stop anywhere you like. You're more than welcome to get off if you wish to. No-one is keeping you here.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Haddock

Jesus Christ! What's next? Blaming the god damn goalie coach??

Oh wait...

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
Well, we did win against the mighty Senators in SO.
oops I forgot about this game lol

Old
01-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

I am really starting to lose any patience I had with this team because they cant beat the bottom feeders at all or if they somehow manage to its by a shootout or in OT where they surrender a point anyways... This team is nowhere near being a CUP CONTENDER and they are going to be lucky to even make it to the playoffs the way things are going now.... I am sick and tired of people coming on here and saying relax people its only one game or there is always tomorrow but I am hear to tell you they are going to be wishing they had of banked these points instead of giving them away. This team has no heart Koivu was invisible out there, Price had a horrible game, the defence was MIA tonight everyone.... and Carbo needs to start sitting these so called stars on the team and bring up the youngsters who will at least put out an effort instead of floating all night (Kostitsin bros)....Pleks last season must have been a mirage because he is no where near the player he was last year.... Unless some serious changes are made the Centennial year will be a complete BUST....Get off your hands Gainey and ship this deadwood out and bring in players who want to play and will play hard because this team should be performing alot better and us as fans deserve more......rant over

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 09:49 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Ahhh! Montreal lost! Panic! PANIC!
We're HabPolar tonight. Even worse I think I ate the blue pill. Not really sure now, maybe I ate the red one. I can't find any of them.

I need

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 09:49 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Eight View Post
Be interesting to see how they come out against Boston this weekend.
If what I witnessed in the 2nd and 3rd periods tonight is any indication I wouldn't get my hopes up too much...Plus with it being 3 games in 4 days this one as Bruins blowout written all over it....Hopefully the Habs surprise us and play like they did last season...What a Jekyll and Hyde team the 2008 - 2009 version of the Habs are...

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 09:50 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I'll forgive the last 4 guys, they have been there more often than not. Plekenac, it's a recurring theme. It's not a confidence thing, he is too predictable, he always makes the same move coming into the zone, this is the freaking NHL, teams scout games.

Another guy that I think needs an extended stay in the press box is S.Kostystyn, he's a non factor in most games, even when he gets points it's mostly because of Andrei or Lang making something happen. With Higgins and Koivu back, I can't see sitting Begin for S.Kost the way he is playing right now.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
gusfring

And people think we can beat Boston in the playoffs with this team? C'mon...

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
I am really starting to lose any patience I had with this team because they cant beat the bottom feeders at all or if they somehow manage to its by a shootout or in OT where they surrender a point anyways...
I absolutely agree. I mean, that's what you do to win the Stanley Cup. You have to play the Bottom 14. Man, we're in for a tough, tough ride.

I'm sorry, the way you guys over-react after losses just kills me.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 09:51 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
+1000

They have to earn their ice time.
Frankly Lang's line was abysmal tonight (and in the 2 games before).

Time to reunite Koivu and Andrei.

I don't think the 2 brothers can play together for very long.
Like 2 of the 3 other lines. Except they got **** ice time when they've been our best line for the past 15 games.

Carbo needs to get his head on straight. Pleks got more ice time than AK (or similar) and he's been as useless as they come since the start of the season.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 09:51 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Everything is fine. Everybody is great. Tomorrow is a another day. Better days will be coming. The future is near. Let's hope for the best.

I will copy and paste this after every loss....,cause there's NEVER anything to be worried about 'cause evidently Gainey HAS to know what he's doing. I mean clearly having 12 guys with no contracts for next year IS what was needed on that team.....probably the reason why after 3 succesful seasons, Ryder stopped caring for a team that was giving him 1-year contract every freakin year....And now on a team that rolls 4 lines where players will clearly be unsatisfied with their icetime, you have 10ish guys with no contracts playing for stats but not getting any 'cause of the way they are being used.....but Carbo clearly knows what he's doing.

But everything is just great....CLEARLY I'm just panicking because of that one single game....

I'll be more positive tomorrow, don't feel like it tonight....I was not expecting that kinda of performance tonight....I still believe that there are more problems to this team than we would all like to pretend especially if the goal is to go far in the playoffs.
I don't think we lose all our UFAs but some big guys might go. Gainey has a chance to reshape the team, but he'd better not keep the softies and give someone like Komi or Kosto the shaft. We need those kind of guys more than the "scorers." Power forward is like a foreign word in Montreal and has been since that type of player became a key ingredient. I don't blame him for Ryder or Streit but his moves with Ribs, the various d-men lost to waivers were less than satisfactory.

Fact is, we're not much better with Ryder or Streit. They don't have the qualities we truly need right now. If Gainey had replaced them with gritty offensive types it's great. But since he just kept the team soft and without any pushback character, it seems redundant that he let those two walk. Believe me Ryder would not have 18 on the Habs of 08-09. Maybe 10 or 11 and he'd be just another mid-level secondary scorer. It's not like Gainey hasn't tried to land a big time UFA though- everyone just turns him down.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 09:52 PM
suprez

Plekanec been horrible for many month now .The sister Kostytin were invisible tonight.

Carey Price can't stop a frigging soccer ball.

suprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Haddock

Quote:
I absolutely agree. I mean, that's what you do to win the Stanley Cup. You have to play the Bottom 14. Man, we're in for a tough, tough ride.

I'm sorry, the way you guys over-react after losses just kills me.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=600097

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
And people think we can beat Boston in the playoffs with this team? C'mon...
Anything can happen....
We may beat Boston in the playoffs
or
miss the playoffs completely.

Old
01-27-2009, 09:53 PM
Mustafa*

1) I realy doubt that Bégin will stay on the bench for next game.

2) I think Plex needs to be put in a defensive role with Bégin and Kostopoulos; he reminds me Samsonov so much it's scary. At least he's realy reliable defensivly.

3) Lapierre and Lats should get an offensive winger.

4) Go Habs Go

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
The train can stop anywhere you like. You're more than welcome to get off if you wish to. No-one is keeping you here.
Wow great argument, I didn't think of that one....Don't worry, unlike you, I'm still capable of judging my team severely and being frustrated about it and still be behind it. I don't have to pretend as if everything is fine just for the idea that I'm soooo faithful to it.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
Hahaha

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Kirk Muller

But the team is fine. Its ready for the playoffs. It shows up. It fights thru adversity. There is absolutely no problem with their play. BG has built a contender.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 09:56 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Anything can happen....
We may beat Boston in the playoffs
or
miss the playoffs completely.

I am starting to lean towards the latter......

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote