HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

All-purpose Plekanec thread

Old
01-28-2009, 07:16 AM
Mustafa*

vCash: 500
All-purpose Plekanec thread

Lehoux (You maybe asking yourself Le who?) is, in my humble opinion, the only player down in Hamilton that could center an offensive line in the NHL. He has played 10 NHL games, 2G 2A, wich is not bad because it's too differant call up (I still dont know why people gave up on him). He's laso having a superb season in Hamilton pointwise, 46GP 15G 28A 43Pts. If we have to sit Plex we could replace him by Lehoux for a couple of game just to give Plex a taste of urgency, so he doesn't feel that his spot as an offensive center is assured.

Now could thos who follow the Bulldogs tell me what does Lehoux look like in the minors? Is he another perimeter player, does he use his size (6.01 200lbs) a bit?

PS: All that idea is to help Plex get better and give the team energy.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 07:18 AM
HotHabsFan*

i don't know, but what i DO know is i am sick and tired of Pleks. Man are we in trouble down the middle !!!

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 07:30 AM
GoodKiwi

Plekanec and his next contract

Let's assume Tomas finishes this season with his projected totals as of right now (16G, 19A, 35P). What contract would you give him? Would it be a one year contract to give him a chance to prove himself or would you risk it and lock him up for 3-5 years?

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 07:31 AM
Riverboat Gambler

Every game can't be a good game and by extension every year can't be a good year. He's still young and inconsistent. He is a good complimentary player. He's having trouble satisfying raised expectations and producing consistently and it's looking like he'll have trouble creating his own offence (Last year he benefited from Kovalev's great play and the space that created).

It is not a good time to trade T.Pleakanec. I think your idea of sending him a message may work, but it might also be ineffective as it may be "pointing the finger" at him. Granted he's a pro and should be able to deal with some blame, but Kovy's probably more used to it so I'd place it on his shoulders.

I'd move Kovy down to the 3rd/4th line for a game or part of, before tinkering with Plekanec.

Sooner or later he'll have to start producing though...

Riverboat Gambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 07:34 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

umm no.

how many more rooks do you want on the team?

If this team hasnt got a boost from adding 6 guys in the last year of hockey, why do you think one more guy will? Another undersized small center is not the way to go.
If they want to improve center its via trade, nothing else.

Plekanec is done for the season. I dont see how we can pick himself up. Just a terrible, terrible season.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 07:37 AM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Turkey View Post
Every game can't be a good game and by extension every year can't be a good year. He's still young and inconsistent. He is a good complimentary player. He's having trouble satisfying raised expectations and producing consistently and it's looking like he'll have trouble creating his own offence (Last year he benefited from Kovalev's great play and the space that created).

It is not a good time to trade T.Pleakanec. I think your idea of sending him a message may work, but it might also be ineffective as it may be "pointing the finger" at him. Granted he's a pro and should be able to deal with some blame, but Kovy's probably more used to it so I'd place it on his shoulders.

I'd move Kovy down to the 3rd/4th line for a game or part of, before tinkering with Plekanec.

Sooner or later he'll have to start producing though...
I think that Plex is the kind of player that would take it like a men, he a good competitor and an inteligent little girl. I want him to become the player he was last year, and right now he has no threat on the team, nobody can take his spot. If Carbo has benched Sergeï, Lapierre and Lats, plus a couple of veterans, i dont see where Plex, still young, have become untuchable.

I like this player but he has become the epithomy of a small, soft perimeter player. He needs a shaking to get his game together.

Old
01-28-2009, 07:37 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Man, I was watching Plekanec play and at some point, he reminded me of Samsonov. That's not good.

Tomas, if you're reading, this is for you:

WAKE UP

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 01-28-2009 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Removed Youtube video. It wasn't quite at the PG rated level.
Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 07:38 AM
ReVeuF

1 year 2 millions with bonuses up to 3 millions total.

He really need performance bonuses otherwise he could float the whole season again.

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 07:38 AM
HotHabsFan*

My Official trade Pleks Post...

OK so this is it, i can not take this primadonna any longer. He is too small, too soft and well just not getting it done. The reason he never drives the net is, he can't get to it because of his size. BG must package him to get a bigger center with the same hands as Pleks ( we all know he has good hands and a fairly good shot as well ). I am not going to give out names that we should package him for but if you would like to, go right ahead.

I am well aware that some of you like him so give me your solutions without starting a pissing contest.

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 07:40 AM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
umm no.

how many more rooks do you want on the team?

If this team hasnt got a boost from adding 6 guys in the last year of hockey, why do you think one more guy will? Another undersized small center is not the way to go.
If they want to improve center its via trade, nothing else.

Plekanec is done for the season. I dont see how we can pick himself up. Just a terrible, terrible season.
Lehoux is 6"1 and 200lbs, i dont know much about him but he's certainly not a undersized small center.

Also we must continue to try to wake him up, we can't give up on our main young offensive center. He works hard so he hasn't give on himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Man, I was watching Plekanec play and at some point, he reminded me of Samsonov. That's not good.
I know and it's scary. At least he way better defensivly.

PS MODS Please dont merge my thread with the Plex bashing threads.

Old
01-28-2009, 07:42 AM
ReVeuF

The center i would LOVE to get is Getzlaf... but not affordable

Old
01-28-2009, 07:43 AM
theboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
The center i would LOVE to get is Getzlaf... but not affordable
We could have drafted him

theboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 07:46 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

I wanted to see him for a while now and while it was obvious that the Maxwell experiment was not working, we should have sent him earlier and bring Lehoux back. The guy is doing everything he can and then some. The problem lies on the fact that even if you want to sit Plekanec, you're not going to call up Lehoux and still put Bégin in the stands. Or you sit Pleks and SKost as a message and play Bégin and call up Lehoux. I wouldn't be against it.

But it will not happened. The best thing that could happen for Lehoux is him being the next callup if there are injuries.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 07:47 AM
Turbo

If the answer's the press box for Plekanec, then the short term scenario would likely see Begin center a 4th line.

With Koivu, Lang, Lapierre you'd already have 3 top centers that can hold their own while Plekanec watches.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Me too, only the name at the back proved me wrong...

Old
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

I don't think that trading him is the best option. The guy came to the NHL and progressed a lot each year since his arrival (except this one).

Yes he's small, but he was like that when he came and did pretty well. Right now, he's on the floor, he's out...he's lost on the ice and it shows.

Bench him, make him analyse the game from the top of the bell center, make him watch videos of the last year, give him a hug, give him a ***** slap and put him back in.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 07:49 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

My official: It's too late, Plekanec's value right now is at an all-time low...Before making trades GM's and scouts are actually looking at stats and going to see how the player performs....

Last edited by Whitesnake: 01-28-2009 at 08:17 AM.
Old
01-28-2009, 07:53 AM
AlexMeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
Let's assume Tomas finishes this season with his projected totals as of right now (16G, 19A, 35P). What contract would you give him? Would it be a one year contract to give him a chance to prove himself or would you risk it and lock him up for 3-5 years?
we don't need him.

AlexMeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 07:55 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
1 year 2 millions with bonuses up to 3 millions total.

He really need performance bonuses otherwise he could float the whole season again.
You can't give him bonuses since he isn't a rookie or aged 35+

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 07:57 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

We keep giving 1 year contracts to guys who deserved it way more, no way is this guy getting more than 1 year....

Old
01-28-2009, 07:57 AM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I wanted to see him for a while now and while it was obvious that the Maxwell experiment was not working, we should have sent him earlier and bring Lehoux back. The guy is doing everything he can and then some. The problem lies on the fact that even if you want to sit Plekanec, you're not going to call up Lehoux and still put Bégin in the stands. Or you sit Pleks and SKost as a message and play Bégin and call up Lehoux. I wouldn't be against it.

But it will not happened. The best thing that could happen for Lehoux is him being the next callup if there are injuries.
What kind of player is he?

Old
01-28-2009, 07:58 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Lehoux is 6"1 and 200lbs, i dont know much about him but he's certainly not a undersized small center.

Also we must continue to try to wake him up, we can't give up on our main young offensive center. He works hard so he hasn't give on himself.

I know and it's scary. At least he way better defensivly.

PS MODS Please dont merge my thread with the Plex bashing threads.
no one is saying to give up on him, but how much more patient can we be with him? we are almost 50 games in and he is single handedly killing any line he centers.
I dont know whats getting to him, if its pressure of his role and contract or maybe he is trying to hard to get going, but their is no luxury of waiting on him to find his game.
I just dont think adding another rookie will do anything for kovy and whoever the other winger will be.
Lehoux may be 6 feet, but he is a playmaker and isnt physical. We need someone to create lanes, go to the net, crash and be a big body presence.

If we are going into the playoffs with koivu, lang and pleks as our go 2 guys, its not gonna be pretty.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 08:00 AM
Guriken

Slumps happen to every single player, come on.. You can see he is trying but the puck isn't rolling for him.

Guriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 08:05 AM
David_99

Quote:
My official: It's too late, Plekanec's value right now is at an all-time low...Before making trades people are actually looking at stats and going to see the player how he performs....
Cue the staring Niinimaa pic.

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 08:09 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:
My official: It's too late, Plekanec's value right now is at an all-time low...Before making trades people are actually looking at stats and going to see the player how he performs....
Exactly.

Yeah there's a good idea. Trade him when his value is at the lowest it's been since he came over from Europe.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote