HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

I don't want to be traded!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-28-2009, 09:11 AM
  #1
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,788
vCash: 500
I don't want to be traded!

Who goes? who stays? This must be a common tough among canandien players now days. "I play for me"could be an other one.
There is a serious problem in our forward, most notably at center. Crap seems to have hit the fan.
Some guys are playing like they are already not there anymore. Please Bob, end this and make a move.
My trading block in order:

1.Pleakanec
2.Sergei
3.Bouillon
4.Begin
5.Higgins
6.Any draft picks
7.Any player playing in Hamilton this present day.
8.Any prospect not playing in mtl
9.D'Agostini
10.A.Kostitsyn

Surely with this depth we can land some impact player. Who?

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:19 AM
  #2
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau
 
Jee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Ireland
Posts: 16,795
vCash: 500
Pleakanec






btw, this won't end well.

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:22 AM
  #3
HotHabsFan*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bell Center Vagabond
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Who goes? who stays? This must be a common tough among canandien players now days. "I play for me"could be an other one.
There is a serious problem in our forward, most notably at center. Crap seems to have hit the fan.
Some guys are playing like they are already not there anymore. Please Bob, end this and make a move.
My trading block in order:

1.Pleakanec
2.Sergei
3.Bouillon
4.Begin
5.Higgins
6.Any draft picks
7.Any player playing in Hamilton this present day.
8.Any prospect not playing in mtl
9.D'Agostini
10.A.Kostitsyn

Surely with this depth we can land some impact player. Who?
well probably all be gone by the middle of March !!!

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:27 AM
  #4
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
well probably all be gone by the middle of March !!!
I did not mean the whole list.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:29 AM
  #5
HotHabsFan*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bell Center Vagabond
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
I did not mean the whole list.
i never said the whole list, just 1,3,4,5,6

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:31 AM
  #6
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffonfire View Post
Pleakanec






btw, this won't end well.
Well you tell me how the Pleakanec issue can be resolved!
He is not producing offensively, runs from hits, lost all confidence. What do you do.
He is a good player but looks to have falling off the wall. How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
i never said the whole list, just 1,3,4,5,6
I should had put
In all honesty, any guy on my list is not untouchable. Use this list has base ground.


Last edited by Habs10Habs: 01-28-2009 at 09:41 AM.
otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:35 AM
  #7
Thinkbig
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,365
vCash: 500
Sergei? He's at his first year in the NHL. Give him some time lmao.

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:40 AM
  #8
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
Sergei? He's at his first year in the NHL. Give him some time lmao.
Well the reason he is on the list is perhaps more frustration then anything and has for Andrei, well if they don't play together, it seem to be an issue.
Last year, Seirgei amazed me with his heart, agressive play and fire that we had long not see. What now, after a few slap, he gonna go home crying?

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:47 AM
  #9
Thinkbig
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Well the reason he is on the list is perhaps more frustration then anything and has for Andrei, well if they don't play together, it seem to be an issue.
Last year, Seirgei amazed me with his heart, agressive play and fire that we had long not see. What now, after a few slap, he gonna go home crying?
I believe Carbo told him to not overreact for everything... i.e. Maxime Lapierre who is more calmed down than last year.

It's curious how I don't see Guillaume Latendresse on the list. This guy sucked for 2 years and now is playing well. Now that he plays with Maxim, he plays better. If Lats starts playing with Lang, he will obviously suck.

Sergei is playing better with his brother, so who cares.

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 09:59 AM
  #10
SpreeEndaz
Registered User
 
SpreeEndaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Around MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,478
vCash: 500
I'd trade:

Montreal Habs roster

for

Detroit Red Wings roster

Anyone else ?

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 10:03 AM
  #11
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
I'd trade:

Montreal Habs roster

for

Detroit Red Wings roster

Anyone else ?
I'd start with

Montreal's coach

for

Detroit's coach

...then, I'd trade roster vs roster... because Carbonneau would find a way to play Lidstrom 20min a game and have Zetterberg, Hossa and Datsyuk play 15min while Draper gets the same...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 10:23 AM
  #12
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
I'd trade:

Montreal Habs roster

for

Detroit Red Wings roster

Anyone else ?
I would trade the Montreal women for the Detroit women

googlymoogly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 10:36 AM
  #13
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
I would trade the Montreal women for the Detroit women
Worst trade in history!

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 10:36 AM
  #14
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
I believe Carbo told him to not overreact for everything... i.e. Maxime Lapierre who is more calmed down than last year.

It's curious how I don't see Guillaume Latendresse on the list. This guy sucked for 2 years and now is playing well. Now that he plays with Maxim, he plays better. If Lats starts playing with Lang, he will obviously suck.

Sergei is playing better with his brother, so who cares.
You are right for Latendress, he could be on the list. He's not cause I believe we need some toughness and the way he is using that big body makes him a keeper for now. He was stuck at one point but he always worked hard out there and it's paying now. Him and Lapierre are a product of one an other. I don't care much for Sergei playing with his bros but come on, he needs to bring some fire.
The true list should be #1,3,6,7,8.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 10:54 AM
  #15
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Worst trade in history!
I live in Detroit metro area, good trade for me

googlymoogly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 11:01 AM
  #16
kostitsyn1489
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louiseville, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,447
vCash: 500
Montreal temperature + Carey Price + Kyle Chipchura + Chris Higgins + 2nd round pick vs Vancouver Temperature + Roberto Luongo + Ryan Kesler + Kevin Bieksa

How about that?

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 11:09 AM
  #17
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
Montreal temperature + Carey Price + Kyle Chipchura + Chris Higgins + 2nd round pick vs Vancouver Temperature + Roberto Luongo + Ryan Kesler + Kevin Bieksa

How about that?
Snow over rain? Difficult choice...

Counter offer...

The rocky mountains + Kesler + the ocean view + 7th round pick

for

West Island + La ronde + Chipchura + captain Kelowna

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 11:18 AM
  #18
Belso
Registered User
 
Belso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,694
vCash: 500
It's Plekanec and not Pleakanec, BTW..

I admit that Plekanec is not playing well at all this season.. If the Habs have any chance to win the cup, it's not going to be with this guy. If he played like last season, I'd say yes. Even Kovy's having a sub par season.. Doesn't look like a play-off team..

So if the Habs really want to win the cup this season, I expect changes.. If they seem this team unfit this season, be patient and wait till next season, I don't see anyone being traded... Trades are costly.. Free agents are "Free"...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 11:25 AM
  #19
ToysInTheAttic
Registered User
 
ToysInTheAttic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,854
vCash: 500
People are over reacting after a few loses. The team will do fine down the stretch with a few tweaks here and there and when Price gets back to form.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 12:14 PM
  #20
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
People are over reacting after a few loses. The team will do fine down the stretch with a few tweaks here and there and when Price gets back to form.
It happens every time.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 12:16 PM
  #21
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 14,417
vCash: 500
Plekanec, yes he needs to go for any centre that will give a damn out there. I don't like Horcoff's contract, but he'd be loved here. I bet the difference would be amazing if the Habs had a centre like him who might not have as many offensive skills as Plekanec, but he will do the little things and get guys pumped because of it.

Bouillon is bad but I doubt the Habs can get rid of him. Just make him the 6th D.

Sergei needs to stay, this is a sophomore slump, I still have hopes for him beyond this year.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 12:25 PM
  #22
CareyClutch
Doing the job
 
CareyClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: North Korea
Posts: 4,941
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
I'd trade:

Montreal Habs roster

for

Detroit Red Wings roster

Anyone else ?
Add a 3rd and its fair

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 12:28 PM
  #23
HotHabsFan*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bell Center Vagabond
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Plekanec, yes he needs to go for any centre that will give a damn out there. I don't like Horcoff's contract, but he'd be loved here. I bet the difference would be amazing if the Habs had a centre like him who might not have as many offensive skills as Plekanec, but he will do the little things and get guys pumped because of it.

Bouillon is bad but I doubt the Habs can get rid of him. Just make him the 7th D.

Sergei needs to stay, this is a sophomore slump, I still have hopes for him beyond this year.

i can't believe i am saying this but i agree with Sean but i did fix one thing.

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 12:33 PM
  #24
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
People are over reacting after a few loses. The team will do fine down the stretch with a few tweaks here and there and when Price gets back to form.
ll there is overreacting and you must admit it's allot of soft, fantasy plays and it's getting old. Some would call this from the outside attack. I would consider moving Plekanec and call this a tweak. I just don't see Plekanec getting is nose dirty once in a while. At the same time, no one is there to back him up so.....what do you do. Some in the hockey world call Crosby(for an example) a cry baby, mouthy and such, but one thing is for sure, he is A TOP CONTENDER and makes thing happen and this is with his 5"10, 180lbs. He goes in the corners, hits, fights scores and more.
I'm not asking Plekanec to be like Crosby but at least get in there and fight( sort of speak) for your space and compete.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 12:37 PM
  #25
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 14,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
i can't believe i am saying this but i agree with Sean but i did fix one thing.
He does make bonehead plays, but I believe in the playoffs his physical aspect would be missed, that's why I'd have him as 6th. Get a dman at the deadline to play with Hammer and then have the Gorges-Bouillon pairing that was pretty good.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.