HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Reasons for current 0-3 streak?

Old
01-28-2009, 10:02 AM
HotHabsFan*

vCash: 500
Reasons for current 0-3 streak?

we are 0-3, is this a coincidence or does this have to do with all the trade rumors and that everyone on the team is really nervous ? why wouldn't BG come out and say that the rumors are all false to settle down his team like he has done in the past ?

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 10:06 AM
Judge Sauer*

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 10:07 AM
smon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
we are 0-3, is this a coincidence or does this have to do with all the trade rumors and that everyone on the team is really nervous ? why wouldn't BG come out and say that the rumors are all false to settle down his team like he has done in the past ?
Because they're not - it's a fact that certain players were offered to Tampa, if Bob McKenzie says it then I will take his word for it. But these guys are pros, trade rumours are nothing new, especially in Montreal. That shouldn't really affect their play.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 10:10 AM
CaptainSak

Saku did'nt play VS Atlanta....0-2 not 0-3.

Anyway...same old ********* story :\

CaptainSak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 10:11 AM
Mr San Diego Hab
Mosdell = Cup Champ

From the looks of the games from my couch, this team has been out-worked for 3 straight games. Sure a few of the goals TB scored last night were lucky, but so what.
When this team really works hard, they win. When they don’t, they get beat…not unlike every other team in the NHL.

Mr San Diego Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 10:12 AM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSak View Post

i am not saying its Saku's fault

Old
01-28-2009, 10:14 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
We're 0-3 since Price returned.
0-1 since Higgins returned.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 10:14 AM
AlexMeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSak View Post

but he made the trip!

AlexMeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 10:17 AM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
We're 0-3 since Price returned.
0-1 since Higgins returned.

this is true and i don't find he has been playing very well since his return. BG must make a wake up call type move soon.

Old
01-28-2009, 10:17 AM
GoodKiwi

So we're basically a a bunch of 0's since our core players returned?

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 10:24 AM
FrankMTL

For sure Price hasn't been that sharp, but I would give him a few more games to get back in his groove. He seems like the type of goalie that the more games he plays in a row, the more he gets into a groove. I'm not worried about Price as every goalie that comes back from injury seems to struggle a little at the start.

I thought Koivu played decent his first couple of games back...but right now we have a couple too many floaters on this team starting with..

-Pleks
-S. Kostitsyn
-Lang (he gets a free pass because he's done well most of the year)

FrankMTL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 10:25 AM
Bodacious

The number of UFAs might be having an impact on the team's performance. If you don't have a contract for next season does a player take risks that could hurt his chance at a big payday. For example - does Komisarek make a risky play to beat a forward on an icing call or does he pull up? In a meaningless game (like Tampa) you could see players disengage physically and cherry pick for easy stats. Don't think that players can completely ignore their financial security even while they playing a game. It can motivate some players - ie. Kovalev in contract year, but cripple others. Now that the end of the season is in sight it's more of a reality to those players. Ideally the players focus should be competing hard, and perfecting the team system, but players are human and far from the ideal.

Bodacious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 10:27 AM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Stop making excuses for these guys. We're not losing because guys are nervous about being traded -- we're losing because the only line that's working hard is the one with the least talent.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 10:28 AM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodacious View Post
The number of UFAs might be having an impact on the team's performance. If you don't have a contract for next season does a player take risks that could hurt his chance at a big payday. For example - does Komisarek make a risky play to beat a forward on an icing call or does he pull up? In a meaningless game (like Tampa) you could see players disengage physically and cherry pick for easy stats. Don't think that players can completely ignore their financial security even while they playing a game. It can motivate some players - ie. Kovalev in contract year, but cripple others. Now that the end of the season is in sight it's more of a reality to those players. Ideally the players focus should be competing hard, and perfecting the team system, but players are human and far from the ideal.
i think this is a very good point ! players who are playing out their contrac to become UFA's are not going to take risks and play HARD because they could get hurt and ruin their stats.

Old
01-28-2009, 10:54 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
i think this is a very good point ! players who are playing out their contrac to become UFA's are not going to take risks and play HARD because they could get hurt and ruin their stats.
I would think it should work backwards. They should be playing there ass off to get the fattest contract they can possibly get!

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 10:58 AM
number 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
Stop making excuses for these guys. We're not losing because guys are nervous about being traded -- we're losing because the only line that's working hard is the one with the least talent.
bingo.

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 11:08 AM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
I would think it should work backwards. They should be playing there ass off to get the fattest contract they can possibly get!

Just like Ryder did last year?

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 11:41 AM
Habitants

Quote:
yup, its hard to argue against that

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 11:43 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
I knew it..

Admit it, you're the great JC Lajoie!!

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 11:50 AM
LoonieDeals
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Yup.. It's been the Lapierre line that's been consistently generating scoring chances .. It's quite surprising to see Latendresse for a change is actually winning battles against the boards.

Too bad all the other lines are dogging it.

LoonieDeals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 12:24 PM
Belso

Saku AND Higgins need to transition themselves into game shape, play play, team play and line chemistry. They will need a few games to start getting back to the way they played when they got injured.. It's only normal.. We can have this conversation again after each have played 10 games or so...

My two cents..

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 12:27 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
Saku AND Higgins need to transition themselves into game shape, play play, team play and line chemistry. They will need a few games to start getting back to the way they played when they got injured.. It's only normal.. We can have this conversation again after each have played 10 games or so...

My two cents..
This team is running out of time for everyone to gel. Every day it's a different player that needs to be "given more time" on these boards.

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 12:30 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
This team is running out of time for everyone to gel. Every day it's a different player that needs to be "given more time" on these boards.
I'm not talking about Plekanec who is obviously having a bad season. I'm talking about a guy like Koivu who was going great before his injury and has only played two games since he came back... Getzlaf had like 1 point in 7 games at the beginning of the season. the day I dropped him he got 5 points and has been doing great...

I'm still sour about that!!!

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 12:37 PM
kostitsyn1489

I dont want to state the obvious, but Saku coming back killed the team. Kost's bros float. Ryan O'Byrne treathen the team to score in his own net if our guys were scoring too much.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 12:38 PM
LastRide

The players ate too much seafood and they all got the hershey squirts and couldn't give it 100%.

LastRide is online now   Reply With Quote