HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Reasons for current 0-3 streak?

Old
01-28-2009, 11:43 AM
Judge Sauer*

vCash: 500
Terrible merging and editing, now my post makes no sense whatsoever

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Gananoque

We have gotten lackadaisical with the puck in our own end. Price has done everything he could to stop the floundering of our defense corps but it is not enough.

The loss of Koivu is a very tough blow. Kovalev is not carrying the team as he should, he seemed to only want to think about the ASG then proceeded to crap the bed the last few games.

We will get it turned around by late February and that is all that matters. But for now, we should expect a sub-.500 hockey team for a little while until the players feel like playing again.

Gananoque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 11:57 AM
m00ks

Carey Price's new pads Seriously though, i hatem. Very "Huesque". I read somewhere white pads hide the five hole and lower net coverage better. Makes sense.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 02:39 PM
SimonTemplar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gananoque View Post
We have gotten lackadaisical with the puck in our own end. Price has done everything he could to stop the floundering of our defense corps but it is not enough.

The loss of Koivu is a very tough blow. Kovalev is not carrying the team as he should, he seemed to only want to think about the ASG then proceeded to crap the bed the last few games.

We will get it turned around by late February and that is all that matters. But for now, we should expect a sub-.500 hockey team for a little while until the players feel like playing again.

What if it doesn't turn around. One would think players who don't want to be moved might be playing awesome hockey making it hard for Gainey to even consider. Grabbing at straws about this or that in pro hockey is just funny.

But when does Gainey have to go to the mats with Mr Guy ? Is this gent a career coach now and safe no matter what. If Boston played Montreal tomorrow in playoffs what would Carbo come up with to knock them off.

His statement about Price not playing at All Star game then Price going and doing it shows one thing. Your being tuned out my friend.

Everyone is waiting for the shoe to drop and a saviour to land there.

Problem with that team is standing behind the players.

SimonTemplar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Gananoque

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
What if it doesn't turn around. One would think players who don't want to be moved might be playing awesome hockey making it hard for Gainey to even consider. Grabbing at straws about this or that in pro hockey is just funny.

But when does Gainey have to go to the mats with Mr Guy ? Is this gent a career coach now and safe no matter what. If Boston played Montreal tomorrow in playoffs what would Carbo come up with to knock them off.

His statement about Price not playing at All Star game then Price going and doing it shows one thing. Your being tuned out my friend.

Everyone is waiting for the shoe to drop and a saviour to land there.

Problem with that team is standing behind the players.
Your = you're.

Gananoque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 02:59 PM
giovannicanella

Team's struggles...

1) I have noticed against the weaker teams we have lesser intensity...perhaps too much confidence and we take our foot off the gas pedal...we need to sustain the tempo for 60 mins...all too often we are playing catch up hockey in the 3rd period with weaker teams...reminds me of 06/07 all over again.

2)Certain players are not in good form. Plekanec and Price are not performing anywhere near the level that we would want them to be...

3)Very juvenile penalties. Why oh why in the NEW NHL are we still getting hooking penalties...The biggest perpetrators (off the top of my head) in recent times is Lang and Hamirlk. Keep your stick on the ice...pokecheck but never put it horizontal with the ice when trying to recuperate a puck or put another player off his game. Koivu learned his lesson, he no longer is guilty of this perpetually annoying infringement. Why can't the rest of the team align with this new found Koivu-esque discipline...This is the new NHL no room for hooking, you will get caught most of the time.

That is it for now...just my thoughts...

giovannicanella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 03:24 PM
la25ecoupe

White is better as they look transparent on the ice.

Red makes the white jump out more. Just shoot where you see white.. and goal..

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 03:36 PM
speed11

why did Price change pads again? i find the red ones hideous...the white ones were hot.

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 03:50 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
why did Price change pads again? i find the red ones hideous...the white ones were hot.
hot as in melt ice hot or you would like to date them ?
i agree i also prefer the white ones.

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 04:12 PM
dutchy29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSDHab View Post
From the looks of the games from my couch, this team has been out-worked for 3 straight games. Sure a few of the goals TB scored last night were lucky, but so what.
When this team really works hard, they win. When they don’t, they get beat…not unlike every other team in the NHL.
this post says it in a nutshell.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 04:15 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
This team is running out of time for everyone to gel. Every day it's a different player that needs to be "given more time" on these boards.
Really ? we're out of the playoff picture already ? damn!

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote