HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Claude Julien is one Bruin who is tough to Hate

Old
01-27-2009, 05:07 PM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

vCash: 500
hmmm actually the players chose their shifts themselves during the game... thats what carbo said in an interview after the game...

julien had nothing to do with it...

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 07:14 AM
peperebougon*

No it ain't tough to hate a bruin....sorry. He is the leader of the enemy. BLASPHEMMMMYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 10:17 AM
cneely

I really find it hard to believe that you guys could hate any Bruins. Our hatred stems from the fact that you guys have been smacking us around for the last 15 years or so. How can you hate a team that you consistently beat? It looks like we may be much more competitive this year than in years past, so maybe it's stemming from that?

It's easy from my perspective to "hate" Habs players, but still respect them. Koivu, Higgins, Markov, Komisarek, Price, all players I dislike because they are so effective against the Bruins. They all seem like classy guys though, and I would take each and every one of them on the Bruins any day.

cneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 10:22 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
I really find it hard to believe that you guys could hate any Bruins. Our hatred stems from the fact that you guys have been smacking us around for the last 15 years or so. How can you hate a team that you consistently beat? It looks like we may be much more competitive this year than in years past, so maybe it's stemming from that?

It's easy from my perspective to "hate" Habs players, but still respect them. Koivu, Higgins, Markov, Komisarek, Price, all players I dislike because they are so effective against the Bruins. They all seem like classy guys though, and I would take each and every one of them on the Bruins any day.
Well I was around when Cam Neely had fun fooling Patrick Roy, and I was around when Jay Miller and Chris Nilan were going at it regularly. So you do end up hating that team 'cause of the rivalry even if most of the time we ended up as the winner. But I hated Milbury, Middleton, Linseman, O'Reilly and Co with a passion. Hated Bourque 'cause he was so good and was envious of the Bruins even if we would beat you 'cause you had that great d-man.

But your point is really honest though and is pretty obvious at the same time. You just have to visit both boards to see how the Bruins board totally despite the Habs while it's a little more "civilized" (I said a little more....) on our side, though there will always be some exceptions to each board.

So I understand your point, but win or lose, a rivalry still is a rivalry.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 11:54 AM
kovalost27

I find the Bruins to be excellent hockey players, even Lucic. When Montreal beats Boston, it will give me even more pleasure because they are a really tough team that is always plays in a winning mood. They never give up!

kovalost27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 12:17 PM
Kosikarzzz

Send a message via MSN to Kosikarzzz Send a message via Skype™ to Kosikarzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant1r View Post
I find the Bruins to be excellent hockey players, even Lucic. When Montreal beats Boston, it will give me even more pleasure because they are a really tough team that is always plays in a winning mood. They never give up!
I don't watch too many Hab games but I find Boston-MTL games intense, fast, rough and exciting. More than any other team we play the Bos-MTL games are the best to watch.

Are your games like that with any other teams? Toronto maybe?

Kosikarzzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 01:00 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosikarzzz View Post
I don't watch too many Hab games but I find Boston-MTL games intense, fast, rough and exciting. More than any other team we play the Bos-MTL games are the best to watch.

Are your games like that with any other teams? Toronto maybe?
For me personally no other team compares with our rivalry with you guys (Bruins). It's all the things that you mentioned, plus there is a special hate/respect factor thrown in.

- Ken Dryden
Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 01:48 PM
Heisenberg77

I appreciate the respect on here from Hab fans towards the Bruins.

For the record, I respect the hell out of most of your players. I would kill to have Markov and Koivu on my team. You guys are loaded with great talent and respectful guys. Besides the ones that stole purses apparently, that's not cool. But anyways...

It's only natural to dislike and boo your rivals players, it's fun. I think it's cool that you guys boo Chara every time he touches the puck. It's an impressive feat to do on a consistent basis with an entire crowd. Impressive stuff.

For the record, since we're discussing respecting players, you guys should check out how awesome of a guy Andrew Ferrence is.

Heisenberg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 01:51 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkfan77 View Post
I appreciate the respect on here from Hab fans towards the Bruins.

For the record, I respect the hell out of most of your players. I would kill to have Markov and Koivu on my team. You guys are loaded with great talent and respectful guys. Besides the ones that stole purses apparently, that's not cool. But anyways...

It's only natural to dislike and boo your rivals players, it's fun. I think it's cool that you guys boo Chara every time he touches the puck. It's an impressive feat to do on a consistent basis with an entire crowd. Impressive stuff.

For the record, since we're discussing respecting players, you guys should check out how awesome of a guy Andrew Ferrence is.
ok ok enough with this Ruins love, let's take it back down a notch. i personally couldn't give a crap about Ferrence.

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
ok ok enough with this Ruins love, let's take it back down a notch. i personally couldn't give a crap about Ferrence.
Nothing wrong with respecting your opponent HHF. Liking them is a totally different story though.

Old
01-28-2009, 01:56 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Nothing wrong with respecting your opponent HHF. Liking them is a totally different story though.

nope no problem respecting you are right. but lets get this Ruins love off our board and back to normal.

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 01:58 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
nope no problem respecting you are right. but lets get this Ruins love off our board and back to normal.
Sorry, just the thought of "Normal" and "Our board" in the same sentence made me laugh.

Old
01-28-2009, 03:19 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
Our hatred stems from the fact that you guys have been smacking us around for the last 15 years or so. How can you hate a team that you consistently beat?
15 years??? With the exception of that painful little hiccup in 88 and the early 90's- were talking 65 years

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 03:53 PM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
15 years??? With the exception of that painful little hiccup in 88 and the early 90's- were talking 65 years
Heh.

Fair enough, but well before my time. And yours I would guess.

cneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 04:00 PM
Gananoque

I respect the fact that the Bruins are playing good hockey for once, regardless of the fact that they are a bunch of overachievers. If that is happening due to the coaching of Julien, the more power to them.

Yeah, that's about it.

Gananoque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Fire Brunet*

Respect the team, hate the fanbase

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote