HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

1/27 - 7:30PM - Tampa Bay VS Montreal

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2009, 09:28 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladoww View Post
I'll see your sam hell and raise you one wtf.

It is my dream to one day dance like him.

Old
01-27-2009, 09:41 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

In other news, Tocchet is perma-pissed.

Old
01-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeBearMountain View Post
In other news, Tocchet is perma-pissed.
I didn't watch the postgame show because my second love The Office is on. What is he pissed at? Did Cory Murphy believe it's not butter again?

01-27-2009, 09:45 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
I didn't watch the postgame show because my second love The Office is on. What is he pissed at? Did Cory Murphy believe it's not butter again?
Probably. But you don't fool Cory Murphy, thats for DAMN sure.

Old
01-27-2009, 09:53 PM
LecavaYeahBaby

Send a message via AIM to LecavaYeahBaby Send a message via Yahoo to LecavaYeahBaby Send a message via Skype™ to LecavaYeahBaby
Honestly, what happened?

Old
01-27-2009, 09:53 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LecavaYeahBaby View Post
Honestly, what happened?
I don't know, he just always seems pissed. Heard something about the first period. Maybe it was just classic Tocc.

Old
01-27-2009, 09:55 PM
LecavaYeahBaby

Send a message via AIM to LecavaYeahBaby Send a message via Yahoo to LecavaYeahBaby Send a message via Skype™ to LecavaYeahBaby
Quote:
I don't know, he just always seems pissed. Heard something about the first period. Maybe it was just classic Tocc.

That was fast, haha. Yeah, i know he always mad...i like it though, it seems to work for this team. They need a guy up their ass or else they'll slack again. People can say all they want about the owners firing Melrose so early...it was the best decision they've made to date....the players obviously didn't respect Barry at all, Toc brings a whole lot more respect to the table when it comes to the game of hockey, nice move on this one.

Old
01-27-2009, 09:56 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LecavaYeahBaby View Post
That was fast, haha. Yeah, i know he always mad...i like it though, it seems to work for this team. They need a guy up their ass or else they'll slack again. People can say all they want about the owners firing Melrose so early...it was the best decision they've made to date....the players obviously didn't respect Barry at all, Toc brings a whole lot more respect to the table when it comes to the game of hockey, nice move on this one.
I just love this style of hockey.

Old
01-27-2009, 10:01 PM
Maria

i think he said something that they played a a bad 1st period, but he had to congratulate tehm for the rest of the game (or something like that), I don't think I've ever seen him smile

Anyway, great to have a win, Smitty was jus awesome, and our big guns were big!!!

Old
01-27-2009, 10:01 PM
LecavaYeahBaby

Quote:
I just love this style of hockey.

Yup. Its a 5 man system. No matter what D seems to be in there he gets it done out there. We were the most beat up this season over the past 16 games and he's managed to go 10-5-1.....take the interim tag off already!!!

Old
01-27-2009, 10:15 PM
TheDaysOf 04
a new era

ok here are the standings

8th place - Panthers - 52 points
9th place - Hurricanes - 51 points
10th place - Penguins - 50 points
11th place - Lightning - 44 points

Old
01-27-2009, 11:31 PM
paperclip maniac

Quote:

rayskarma

now that is just friggin creepy...

Old
01-27-2009, 11:38 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
rayskarma

I love raysbb. Don't post there anymore, but I love reading the GDT's. Nice work.

I do understand where Tocchet is coming from. Very, very lucky not to be completely out of this game in the 1st. Kovalev and Lang had great chances that Smith made big stops on and a HUGE kill on the 5 on 3. The bounces go the Habs way and the team is down 4 or 5-1 heading in to intermission. But hey, they bounced back got some breaks and got a big win. No surprise Marty and Vinny put on a show with the Habs on the other side, I feel bad for that poor sap defenseman who was caught on that 2 on 1. Great goal. Just have to keep pluggin along here and see what happens. I really wish Tocchet had been coach all year instead of the Melrose disaster. It's a completely different team now that a system is in place. Who knows where this team is if they had it in place to start the year and didn't have to learn it in the middle of the season.

Old
01-28-2009, 12:22 AM
LecavaYeahBaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
I do understand where Tocchet is coming from. Very, very lucky not to be completely out of this game in the 1st. Kovalev and Lang had great chances that Smith made big stops on and a HUGE kill on the 5 on 3. The bounces go the Habs way and the team is down 4 or 5-1 heading in to intermission. But hey, they bounced back got some breaks and got a big win. No surprise Marty and Vinny put on a show with the Habs on the other side, I feel bad for that poor sap defenseman who was caught on that 2 on 1. Great goal. Just have to keep pluggin along here and see what happens. I really wish Tocchet had been coach all year instead of the Melrose disaster. It's a completely different team now that a system is in place. Who knows where this team is if they had it in place to start the year and didn't have to learn it in the middle of the season.

Do they have at least 6-8 more points? I think so, so there's your answer....

Old
01-28-2009, 07:25 AM
Tokala

[QUOTE=Hockeyfan02;17575668 No surprise Marty and Vinny put on a show with the Habs on the other side, I feel bad for that poor sap defenseman who was caught on that 2 on 1.[/QUOTE]

That was none other than Markov, and he's no slouch.

Old
01-28-2009, 10:38 AM
VoteNOB

I can't believe they got away with that first period. I love the resilience of this team, they are taking on the personality of their coach, which in this case is a good thing.

I bet every win pisses Melrose off more and more . LOL

Old
01-28-2009, 10:49 AM
Untamable

I was at the game last night. Section 117 Row D. We usually sit club level because my husband works for Jeep, but we traded our tickets for this game for lower level seats because I wanted to see Price sweat. And you better believe he was!

Everyone who was at the game knows Mike Smith handed us that win on a silver platter. Now, if he would have stayed in his little blue box like a good boy, it could have been 5-2 lol. Its almost like he cant control himself. He HAS to go get the puck if it goes behind the net. *sigh* But I guess thats part of the reason I love him so... he stays involved in the game. He doesnt just stand around waiting for the D to do it all. God knows where we'd be if he did.

It was good to see Paul back up and running. I hope he stays in the game! Im tired of watching him sit on the bench in his suit and tie. Even though he does look pretty good in it... [see my avatar for details. lol.]

Old
01-28-2009, 10:50 AM
Untamable

Oh, and does anyone know the names of the Steelers players who said "Lets Play Hockey" last night? I missed there names. But one of them sat right in front of me and was rooting for Lightning... he told me Mike Smith was his neighbor.

Its funny that I talked to a Steelers player and I cant even remember his name!

Old
01-28-2009, 04:58 PM
LastoftheBrunnenG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLFanGirl View Post
I was at the game last night. Section 117 Row D. We usually sit club level because my husband works for Jeep, but we traded our tickets for this game for lower level seats because I wanted to see Price sweat. And you better believe he was!

Everyone who was at the game knows Mike Smith handed us that win on a silver platter. Now, if he would have stayed in his little blue box like a good boy, it could have been 5-2 lol. Its almost like he cant control himself. He HAS to go get the puck if it goes behind the net. *sigh* But I guess thats part of the reason I love him so... he stays involved in the game. He doesnt just stand around waiting for the D to do it all. God knows where we'd be if he did.

It was good to see Paul back up and running. I hope he stays in the game! Im tired of watching him sit on the bench in his suit and tie. Even though he does look pretty good in it... [see my avatar for details. lol.]
In Smith's defense, his own defenceman wouldn't/couldn't clear the puck that 1st period, so he had to try.

Closed Thread