HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sergei Zubov

Old
01-28-2009, 06:12 PM
Canadiensfan1909

vCash: 500
Sergei Zubov

Although plagued with injury this season zubov is an all-star D-man, and an ufa as of July 1st few teams have show interest Dallas would sure love to have him back, but Montreal looks to be the safe place of where he Is going they were in trade talks with Dallas about zubov just before his injury my guess is he'll be in a habs jersey nxt fall and will get a ntc with his contract which I expect to be a 5+ mill contract

Canadiensfan1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 06:16 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiensfan1909 View Post
Although plagued with injury this season zubov is an all-star D-man, and an ufa as of July 1st few teams have show interest Dallas would sure love to have him back, but Montreal looks to be the safe place of where he Is going they were in trade talks with Dallas about zubov just before his injury my guess is he'll be in a habs jersey nxt fall and will get a ntc with his contract which I expect to be a 5+ mill contract
If the Habs sign Zubov say good bye to Komi.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Canadiensfan1909

If Montreal trades higgins then we can say goodbye to Komi anyway so who better to replace him then zubov, 2 allstar defencemen that would be amazing

Old
01-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
#1 It is not against HF rules to use a . in your run on sentence.

#2 not every UFA is linked to Montreal!

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Canadiensfan1909

No not all r zubov is though gainey has been interested in zubov for years now n cmon vinnys not moving anytime soon gainey landing zubov could be the best move he's ever made

Old
01-28-2009, 06:32 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
No not all r zubov is though gainey has been interested in zubov for years now n cmon vinnys not moving anytime soon gainey landing zubov could be the best move he's ever made
If anything Dallas will trade him by the trade deadline. They are not going allow him to go to another team and get nothing at all in return. And even if Zubov gets through the season and is not traded he won't sign in another city...he will remain a Dallas Star and take a home team discount.

Old
01-28-2009, 06:37 PM
Go Habs Go

Wasn't there an article somewhere that its highly likely that Zubov will be retiring after this year?

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 06:43 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
Wasn't there an article somewhere that its highly likely that Zubov will be retiring after this year?
He made a statement that he wanted to play another year. I feel he will either retire or re-sign with Dallas and take a home team discount so Dallas will have some extra cap space to bring in someone.

Old
01-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post
He made a statement that he wanted to play another year. I feel he will either retire or re-sign with Dallas and take a home team discount so Dallas will have some extra cap space to bring in someone.
I hope thats true, he still has a few years left in him.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
I hope thats true, he still has a few years left in him.
Back to Back seasons of having to deal with a surgery at 38 years old is to much IMO. The one this year is on his hip so that can be really problematic.

Old
01-28-2009, 06:58 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Back to Back seasons of having to deal with a surgery at 38 years old is to much IMO. The one this year is on his hip so that can be really problematic.
I agree all the way. And who in their right mind would spend over $2m on him? It's too much of a risk.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthliner View Post
I agree all the way. And who in their right mind would spend over $2m on him? It's too much of a risk.
If he gets healthy he is worth at least that. I fear he will never be 100% so saying he wants to play next year i think is a smoke screen to his retiring.

Old
01-28-2009, 07:04 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
If he gets healthy he is worth at least that. I fear he will never be 100% so saying he wants to play next year i think is a smoke screen to his retiring.
I think so too. If he plays, nobody can expect him to be more than 70-80% for long.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 11:34 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Zubov has been in Dallas for who knows how long??? Why would he move now when his career is almost over? Anyway, if he is resigned I expect it to be half of what he got this year... at least I hope. It depends how loyal he is to the Stars organization.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 11:38 PM
le_sean

As a Hab fan I would give up a lot for Zubov. The problem for the Stars is they won't get THAT much for him because of his injury situation.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 11:47 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
As a Hab fan I would give up a lot for Zubov. The problem for the Stars is they won't get THAT much for him because of his injury situation.
How about...

Sergei Zubov

for

Matheiu Carle + A conditional 1st rd pick (If Zubov signs with Montreal during the offseason.)

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote