HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would you give for Malkin?

Old
01-29-2009, 08:40 AM
Blades 0f Steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
All,I can say,IS KEEP DREAMING Won't put both? U would be blessed to get a Malkin for that.It would cost more.All a pipe dream.
What part of P-A-C-K-A-G-E did you stumble on?

I'd tell anyone that wants to give up their #1D and goalie of the future for a forward that they're an absolute moron, but keep going on about what is and is not a 'pipedream'.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 08:40 AM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
We'll see you Sunday... wrong board for ya anyway.
I have a few friends on here.Anyways,the rivalry is fun.Makes games worth watching.

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 08:41 AM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
What part of P-A-C-K-A-G-E did you stumble on?

I'd tell anyone that wants to give up their #1D and goalie of the future for a forward that they're an absolute moron, but keep going on about what is and is not a 'pipedream'.
I love talking hockey with u guys,but this thread is a joke.

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 08:49 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Can I has Chara, Kessel and Lucic for Kovalev, Hamrlik and 6 1st rounders?

It's great value! You're living in a pipe dream if you don't do it!one :emoticon::emoticon::emoticon:

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 08:50 AM
flappuck

Quote:
Tell that to the OP who's from Pittsburgh instead of pissing the Montreal peolpe answering

flappuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 08:52 AM
HotHabsFan*

we didn't see this comming huh H10H ? by the way guys its H10H's brithday so give him a break will ya !!!

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 08:52 AM
Sebaldian

Quote:
Don't post in it or read it then.
Is that so hard to figure out?

Sebaldian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 08:56 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
we didn't see this comming huh H10H ? by the way guys its H10H's brithday so give him a break will ya !!!
lol..I'm slipping in my old age. I thought maybe for once we could have a nice discussion in this thread.

H10H

01-29-2009, 09:02 AM
roy munson

Quote:
I have a few friends on here.Anyways,the rivalry is fun.Makes games worth watching.
Fast, tough, well played hockey IS what makes the games fun to watch. Rivalries are just gravy.

roy munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 09:10 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
lol..I'm slipping in my old age. I thought maybe for once we could have a nice discussion in this thread.

H10H
Happy B Day H10H!

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 09:17 AM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
kostitsyn bros, pleks, hamrlik, mcdonagh/subban, 2 first rounders

cap10bfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 09:18 AM
NHLcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky View Post
The most frustrating thing about all of this is the Penguins got him for free.....
Actually the Pens we unlucky to get him...they finished last and lost the lottery draft. Had they won they would have Crosby and Ovechkin in their lineup today.

But Malkin is a nice consolation prize.

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 09:21 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Jeeze, people put waaaaaay too much stock into "present" trends.

Price IMO is worth a whole lot in a transaction. Offering Markov and Price alone should be close to a deal. I can't believe the pitches I heard here.

Anyway, why trade for Malkin when we could have Cindy in 2013 for free?

Oh and for the "what have you done for me lately" gang, Crosby is still up there with Ovechkin and Malkin, I'll be LMAO in 2-3 years when trends will be reversed again.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 09:27 AM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
U just keep clinging to the past.I don't see Price doing that.
Odd, I vaguely remember it happening last spring, but I could be wrong.

loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

I want Malkin over Sidney. I'd pretty much gut the team for him. Price wouldn't be in the deal, because Pens fans seem to be pretty satisfied with Fleury.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 09:32 AM
PenguinGuru*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tout ptit View Post
Tell that to the OP who's from Pittsburgh instead of pissing the Montreal peolpe answering
Well a Hab fan started a thread like this in our forum, so it made me curious to find out what other Habs fans thought about it.

It would never happen of course, sorry for wasting your time.

PenguinGuru* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 09:36 AM
Kriss E

we wouldn't have a team after what we'd give.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 09:40 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougHarvey View Post
Thats becuase they sucked badly for years, which we would never allow to happen here.
Your right we sucked just not enough!!

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 09:45 AM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Oh and for the "what have you done for me lately" gang, Crosby is still up there with Ovechkin and Malkin, I'll be LMAO in 2-3 years when trends will be reversed again.
Hell, I still think Crosby's better.

Case and point: watch the highlights last night vs. the Rangers.

The only reason I might take Malkin over Crosby if, god forbid there was a dispersal draft or something, is that Malkin seems less prone to skating through a wall and blowing out his knee.

As to the trade proposal. Honestly, I don't think it could happen, even if he were available. Montreal would need to either gut the team or move Price and while on a 1 to 1 ratio, Malin may be relatively "better" at his position, I'd argue Price is far more important because he's a goalie. If you need any more of a cautionary tale, see case Senators, Ottawa.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 09:51 AM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinGuru View Post
Well a Hab fan started a thread like this in our forum, so it made me curious to find out what other Habs fans thought about it.

It would never happen of course, sorry for wasting your time.
There is nothing wrong with having a reasonable educated discussion. Dont apologize for anyone regarding wasting their time, thats what headlines are for. Besides if time is that precious to them they shouldnt be here in the first place.

That being said, if Malkin was ever on the block here is what I see going down:

To Pitts:
Markov, Higgins, Pleks, Hamrlik/Subban, Halak (good back up for Fleury). 2 first rounders

To Montreal:

Malkin, Gonchar

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 09:53 AM
PenguinGuru*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnsWRC View Post
There is nothing wrong with having a reasonable educated discussion. Dont apologize for anyone regarding wasting their time, thats what headlines are for. Besides if time is that precious to them they shouldnt be here in the first place.

To Pitts:
Markov, Higgins, Pleks, Hamrlik/Subban, Halak (good back up for Fleury). 2 first rounders

To Montreal:

Malkin, Gonchar
haha good point.

PenguinGuru* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 09:53 AM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnsWRC View Post

To Pitts:

To Montreal:

Malkin, Gonchar
Oh jesus, you just reminded me of the salary cap!

This one might actually balance out, at a glance, at least. The other ones were likely all sending too much cap to Pittsburgh.

But practically speaking, as far as "now" is concerned, Gonchar/Markov is a lateral move. Thus, the only things they get in their lineup this year are Higgins/Pleky vs. Malkin. Not an upgrade for a team seeking a cup.

If Pittsburgh were rebuilding, this would work. They would need on ice assets equal or greater than Malkin, plus prospects to make up for his potential.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 09:55 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post

The only reason I might take Malkin over Crosby if, god forbid there was a dispersal draft or something, is that Malkin seems less prone to skating through a wall and blowing out his knee.

As to the trade proposal. Honestly, I don't think it could happen, even if he were available. Montreal would need to either gut the team or move Price and while on a 1 to 1 ratio, Malin may be relatively "better" at his position, I'd argue Price is far more important because he's a goalie. If you need any more of a cautionary tale, see case Senators, Ottawa.
Malkin carried his team last year when Crosby went down. Of course, it coincided with the brilliance of Conklin, but he did carry it.

Price has still yet carried this team, and doesn't look very sharp at the moment.

Problem with Price is I feel all the hype around got to him, I think he feels he's already a proven star and sometimes forget he actually has to keep working at it.
Many call it nonchalance, but I think it's cockiness, as ''yea, bounces were bad tonight, bad games happen, I'll bounce back cuz im the best'' type thing..

lol..I might be pissed though because he looked like crap in his games back including the ASGs.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post

I do agree he is more injury prone, and also a bit less physical, yet I'd still rather have Crosby because of his leadership qualities and also seems like the kinda guy who would easily cope with the pressure in Montreal.

Altho, I wasn't condoning gutting the team to make the move. I wouldn't do it. Let's just be patient with what we have. It seems that people are too eager to have the most dominating team, they can't see that the building progress is still ongoing and will continue on for many years.

Old
01-29-2009, 10:01 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Malkin carried his team last year when Crosby went down. Of course, it coincided with the brilliance of Conklin, but he did carry it.

Price has still yet carried this team, and doesn't look very sharp at the moment.

Problem with Price is I feel all the hype around got to him, I think he feels he's already a proven star and sometimes forget he actually has to keep working at it.
Many call it nonchalance, but I think it's cockiness, as ''yea, bounces were bad tonight, bad games happen, I'll bounce back cuz im the best'' type thing..

lol..I might be pissed though because he looked like crap in his games back including the ASGs.
What??? He didn't look like crap in the ASG!! Maybe the rookies game, but he had the most breakaways and two-on-ones to face. His players played like crap. As for the ASG, he was the goalie who allowed the fewest goals and was 2nd or 3rd best for save % among all 6 goalies.

You can't compare the way the two players carried their teams to evaluate their price. They play at extremely different positions, and usually goalies aren't at Price's level at this age, this tells a lot about his potential.