HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT:Warrior Equipment

Old
01-28-2009, 11:26 PM
Adam91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptKirk View Post
I agree, I bought myself a pair for christmas. I'm pretty sure they are one of the only pair of gloves you can buy in store that are the same as the pros wear. They have that soft leather in the palm that are in all pro stock gloves but are very rarely found in store. As for Warrior equipment I had a Dolomlite last year but broke it my last game of the season. In the summer I got a good deal on a Reebok 7k sickick and there is absolutely no comparison between that and the warrior. It's no wonder a lot of guys are switching to warrior sticks even though they have equipment deals with other companies. I've seen Phaneuf, a reebok guy, with a warrior, Rick Nash, a Louisville guy, with a warrior, and Lecalvier, a CCM guy, with a warrior in the past little bit.

One of Warrior's main selling points amongst the pros is they can do a quick 2-3day turnaround on a players sticks and get the guys into Warrior a day or two later. In addition one of RBK's main problems has been their inconsistency of the sticks they sent out to each player.

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 09:17 AM
Maverik

I bought the MacDaddy gloves and pants. Gloves are awesome and already felt broken in the first time I wore them. Pants.. their pants, who cares.

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 09:24 AM
Marc Bergevins Suit
Realistic Hab Fan

vCash: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
I bought the MacDaddy gloves and pants. Gloves are awesome and already felt broken in the first time I wore them. Pants.. their pants, who cares.
There are no Mac Daddy pants.

Marc Bergevins Suit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 10:05 AM
number 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post
She got them for the low low price $64.99!
where?

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 10:33 AM
Maverik

should of added Hitman pants, not MacDaddy

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 10:47 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3hirty6ix View Post
I wouldn't really call 119$ retail for gloves value.
For high-end gloves, it is.

gusfring is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 12:29 PM
BadHabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
where?
http://www.rink-pro.com/eShop/customer/home.php

They are based in Ottawa. She got the Royales which are their bottom line glove, but besides for the non-leather palm, they are amazing gloves. VERY comfortable, broken in feel. They were supposedly replaced by the Haymakers, but they are still showing the Royales as well... perhaps it's old stock.

As far as Warrior equipment goes... it is all TOP notch gear in my opinion. Their gloves are the nicest I have ever put on... the Dolomites and the Mac Daddys are simply incredible. What I really like about them besides for the broken in feeling and how comfortable they are, is the extra "knuckle" in the fingers that no one else seems to have. They enable you to really get a grip on your stick and make it seem more natural and therefore, more comfortable. Add to that of course the fact that they are extremely protective. No other glove I've ever tried on has come close and I have tried all manufacturers top of the line stuff. I have also tried my brother's AK27 hockey stick and while the curve on Kovy's blade is really messed (huge heel curve), the stick itself is awesome. They even have a 30 day limited warranty on their sticks so if you take a shot and break it, they replace it. Not sure if the other companies have that or not.

Highly recommended stuff from me.

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote