HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Besed off rumors: PHO, PHI

Old
01-28-2009, 01:04 PM
BrindamoursNose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
Even though I doubt a trade will happen...

how about
Reinprecht, Winnick, Morris, and a conditional pick

Lupul, Jones, and Vaananen

salary wise it's about the same and the conditional pick is for the 2 UFA's
What 2 UFA's?

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 01:26 PM
DesertDawg

Reinprecht & Morris

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 02:39 PM
mercury

Vaananen and Carter are going nowhere. Lupul+ for Morris interests me.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 03:00 PM
jmichael7753

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheli24 View Post
Is this a serious post? Are you experiencing bird flu like symptoms?
No im serious. The Flyers would have traded him to Toronto last year for Kaberle so why not for Morris and a first. First round picks are very valuable these days especially in this draft class. If the Flyers could have two first round picks in this draft and the defenseman that they are looking for, they would have to seriously look into it.

jmichael7753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 03:08 PM
ELab2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichael7753 View Post
No im serious. The Flyers would have traded him to Toronto last year for Kaberle so why not for Morris and a first. First round picks are very valuable these days especially in this draft class. If the Flyers could have two first round picks in this draft and the defenseman that they are looking for, they would have to seriously look into it.
yeah that was last year before he broke out, he's not getting traded at all let alone for a guy like Morris.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 03:18 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
they call last year "last year" for a reason. carter's value has changed dramatically since last season.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 03:29 PM
facts

Quote:
This will never happen but this is the only way that I would trade Derek Morris to the Flyers.

To Philadelphia;
Derek Morris
1st round pick

To Phoenix:
Jeff Carter

I only say this because Phoenix sucks at faceoffs, and scoring isnt a bright spot either so this could cover both. Granted Carter is only 47 percent but i think his scoring can make up for that.
end your posts with seven this is the worst proposal ever. ever.

facts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 04:41 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

This whole thread is just failure after failure.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
This whole thread is just failure after failure.
How so? I started it by letting people fill in the gaps, This is clearly a "what if" post. I don't see the harm in it at all.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2009, 08:58 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Yes, and that was last year at the deadline. By summertime, we could have let him sign somewhere else as a RFA and gotten 4 1st rounders...a la Vanek. And he has only enhanced things this year.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 12:08 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit3119 View Post
How so? I started it by letting people fill in the gaps, This is clearly a "what if" post. I don't see the harm in it at all.
I should have typed that this thread has turned into failure after failure. I have no problem with the original post. The subsequent content, however, has been nothing short of miserable.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 09:40 AM
captainpaxil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
Even though I doubt a trade will happen...

how about
Reinprecht, Winnick, Morris, and a conditional pick

Lupul, Jones, and Vaananen

salary wise it's about the same and the conditional pick is for the 2 UFA's
you have to match talent before you match salary and reinprecht simply isnt enough to put lupul on the table. maybe something like

asham .65
jones 2.75
vaananen 1.0

morris 3.9
winncik .5

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 10:27 AM
captainpaxil

Quote:
sure so long as those picks are 1st and 2nd over all. if your talking about the one pick pheonix has your going to have to include doan and turis. sounds unreasonable doesnt it? well thats how ridiculous an offer its gonna take to pry jeff carter from my cold dead hands.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 11:17 AM
indczn

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
sure so long as those picks are 1st and 2nd over all. if your talking about the one pick pheonix has your going to have to include doan and turis. sounds unreasonable doesnt it? well thats how ridiculous an offer its gonna take to pry jeff carter from my cold dead hands.
a first, doan and turris, for carter. Anything else you want?

I get it, Carter is turning into a very good young player, but that doesn't mean everyone else sucks.

indczn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 11:21 AM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by indczn View Post
a first, doan and turris, for carter. Anything else you want?

I get it, Carter is turning into a very good young player, but that doesn't mean everyone else sucks.
Well, Carter has more goals than just about anyone else...Soooooo don't you think he's pretty untradeable, yet you made a pretty terrible offer for him?

Old
01-29-2009, 11:24 AM
indczn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Well, Carter has more goals than just about anyone else...Soooooo don't you think he's pretty untradeable, yet you made a pretty terrible offer for him?
I didn't make that offer, I summarized captainpaxil's statement.

Old
01-29-2009, 11:26 AM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by indczn View Post
I didn't make that offer, I summarized captainpaxil's statement.
Sorry, quoted wrong guy. Meant jmicheal.

Old
01-29-2009, 11:27 AM
indczn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Sorry, quoted wrong guy. Meant jmicheal.
ok, no problem.

Old
01-29-2009, 11:44 AM
XS Chop

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
they call last year "last year" for a reason. carter's value has changed dramatically since last season.
He also has a pretty good contract now for a frontrunner in the Richard Trophy hunt. Flyers defense has also changed dramatically since last season. Neither Kaberle nor Morris are what they need at this point. A big physical defenseman who can skate and hit needs to be in any proposal involving Carter and even most of those will be shot down quickly.

XS Chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 12:58 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademasterb View Post
Sorry but you Phoenix fans are lost. You have no clue who will or will not be moved. Given the pathetic financial situation of the Yotes and Morris and his contract situation, there probably is a very good possibility he will be moved. Playoff contention will not factor into that.

My guess is Parent has to be coming back in the deal from Philly. He's wasting his time in the minors. A deal of Parent and Lupul is more than fair. Personally, I think Morris is completely overrated.
I was thinking the same thing. For this to benefit both sides, Parent would have to be the key coming back to Phoenix. I would consider that if I were the Coyotes. Parent would log some heavy minutes under Gretz and it's about time he's playing. He and Staal were fantastic as the top shutdown unit in the WJC a few years back.

Aside from Morris' experience factor, the Yotes still get someone who can help them make the Playoffs and keep long term to grow with the rest of the young Coyotes.

For cap reasons would the Flyers have to add someone? Just curious as I am unaware of the extent of their Cap situation.

Last edited by untouchable21: 01-29-2009 at 01:10 PM.
untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 01:43 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by XS Chop View Post
He also has a pretty good contract now for a frontrunner in the Richard Trophy hunt. Flyers defense has also changed dramatically since last season. Neither Kaberle nor Morris are what they need at this point. A big physical defenseman who can skate and hit needs to be in any proposal involving Carter and even most of those will be shot down quickly.
preaching to the choir

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 02:23 PM
BrindamoursNose

Here's my solution to Philly's problems: Don't trade for any D-Man, unload Randy Jones for anything, and just call up Ryan Parent.

That's the whole, complicated plan.

Old
01-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademasterb View Post
Sorry but you Phoenix fans are lost. You have no clue who will or will not be moved. Given the pathetic financial situation of the Yotes and Morris and his contract situation, there probably is a very good possibility he will be moved. Playoff contention will not factor into that.

My guess is Parent has to be coming back in the deal from Philly. He's wasting his time in the minors. A deal of Parent and Lupul is more than fair. Personally, I think Morris is completely overrated.
No, you are lost. Phoenix has already paid 2/3's of Morris' salary for this year. His value to providing needed stability on the back and for a chance to actually make the playoffs, with the revenue and excitement that would create far outweighs the savings of 1/3 of his contract even with the "pathetic financial situation" they are in.

That said, your offer isn't bad and if Maloney could find another experienced d-man, there may be a deal out there, especially if they don't think they can re-sign Morris.

Quote:
id want the yoyes 1st in that case
You wouldn't get the Yotes' 1st for Lupul in a stand-alone deal so how does that make sense?

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I should have typed that this thread has turned into failure after failure. I have no problem with the original post. The subsequent content, however, has been nothing short of miserable.
Ah i see, I guess I have to agree with you there

Old
01-29-2009, 04:12 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
i'm sorry but you're on crack if you think Carter is worth Doan and Turris