HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would you give for Malkin?

Old
01-29-2009, 11:04 AM
HotHabsFan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Malkin carried his team last year when Crosby went down. Of course, it coincided with the brilliance of Conklin, but he did carry it.

Price has still yet carried this team, and doesn't look very sharp at the moment.

Problem with Price is I feel all the hype around got to him, I think he feels he's already a proven star and sometimes forget he actually has to keep working at it.
Many call it nonchalance, but I think it's cockiness, as ''yea, bounces were bad tonight, bad games happen, I'll bounce back cuz im the best'' type thing..

lol..I might be pissed though because he looked like crap in his games back including the ASGs.

LOLd i guess we didn't watch the ASG huh ? he was the only goalie to give up ONLY 2 goals in the period they played.

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 11:08 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
What??? He didn't look like crap in the ASG!! Maybe the rookies game, but he had the most breakaways and two-on-ones to face. His players played like crap. As for the ASG, he was the goalie who allowed the fewest goals and was 2nd or 3rd best for save % among all 6 goalies.

You can't compare the way the two players carried their teams to evaluate their price. They play at extremely different positions, and usually goalies aren't at Price's level at this age, this tells a lot about his potential.
I'm not trying to discredit Price, maybe that came out wrong. I just don't like his attitude, but like I said, it's probably because he hasn't looked sharp that i'm just ticked off a bit.
He's definitely amazing.

But yea, he didn't look good during the rookie camp, and during the real game, what did we always say about Huet?..He can make crazy amazing saves, and then let in some real crappy ones. Price did that during ASG. But no worries, I'm far from giving any importance to this ASG, it doesn't represent anything.

Price is great Oz, I'll never contradict that, only a fool would. I'm just disappointed by his play as of late, just like for the rest of the team.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Lucius

Quote:
Malkin carried his team last year when Crosby went down. Of course, it coincided with the brilliance of Conklin, but he did carry it.

Price has still yet carried this team, and doesn't look very sharp at the moment.

Problem with Price is I feel all the hype around got to him, I think he feels he's already a proven star and sometimes forget he actually has to keep working at it.
Many call it nonchalance, but I think it's cockiness, as ''yea, bounces were bad tonight, bad games happen, I'll bounce back cuz im the best'' type thing..

lol..I might be pissed though because he looked like crap in his games back including the ASGs.
Seriously?

1: Goalies are by definition the cockiest people ever. All the good goalies thought themselves minor Gods. On the goalie scale, Price is positively normal.

2: He vowed to do better after last game, but also told the truth. A couple of the goals were weird deflections, that Prospal one got lost in a crowd. It wasn't a banner night, but it wasn't like he single handedly flubbed the game.

3: You said it yourself "his games back." The kid is coming off injury. Give him a break. I think you're over thinking this. Is Luongo a star goalie? Of course. Now, look at Luongo's stats since he got back from injury.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Oh jesus, you just reminded me of the salary cap!

This one might actually balance out, at a glance, at least. The other ones were likely all sending too much cap to Pittsburgh.

But practically speaking, as far as "now" is concerned, Gonchar/Markov is a lateral move. Thus, the only things they get in their lineup this year are Higgins/Pleky vs. Malkin. Not an upgrade for a team seeking a cup.
If Pittsburgh were rebuilding, this would work. They would need on ice assets equal or greater than Malkin, plus prospects to make up for his potential.

Well said, on the other hand i doubt we have anything that would be an upgrade for a team seeking a cup, in return for Malkin that is.

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 11:17 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Seriously?

1: Goalies are by definition the cockiest people ever. All the good goalies thought themselves minor Gods. On the goalie scale, Price is positively normal.

2: He vowed to do better after last game, but also told the truth. A couple of the goals were weird deflections, that Prospal one got lost in a crowd. It wasn't a banner night, but it wasn't like he single handedly flubbed the game.

3: You said it yourself "his games back." The kid is coming off injury. Give him a break. I think you're over thinking this. Is Luongo a star goalie? Of course. Now, look at Luongo's stats since he got back from injury.
1..but don't the Greats get cocky after accomplishing something in the big leagues?..

2..True 2 of them were bad deflection, but I wasn't just talking about the TB game, he wasn't too good in NJ either.

3..I don't doubt he'll bounce back, tonight will be very interesting.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 11:37 AM
centrehice

Malkin would cost too much.... but we'd finally have that big number 1 centre.

centrehice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 01:51 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinGuru View Post
Just curious. I don't want the Pens to trade the best player in the world to Montreal for anybody. But some Habs fans have been asking us Pens fans what it would take to get Geno, so I'm presenting the same question to all of you.

What do you think you would have to give up to get Geno?
The Habs don't really have the assets to trade for Malkin without completely gutting there team, sure we'd have our first superstar since Lafleur but he'd have no one to play with. We just don't have a young star player to build an offer around like a Kopitar or Toews. Anyway I don't typically make proposals but my offer would be

To Canadiens:
M-A Fleury
Evegeny Malkin

To Penguins
Carey Price
Andrei Kostitsyn
Sergei Kostitsyn
Max Pacioretty
1st round pick 09

I think the only way this trade works is if the Pens consider Price an upgrade over MA Fleury. Flame away

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 02:02 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
Actually the Pens we unlucky to get him...they finished last and lost the lottery draft. Had they won they would have Crosby and Ovechkin in their lineup today.

But Malkin is a nice consolation prize.
I always have, and still believe, Malkin is better than Ovechkin.

HankyZetts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 02:09 PM
le_sean

Give us Crosby instead please.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 02:15 PM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
Odd, I vaguely remember it happening last spring, but I could be wrong.
You vaguely remember what? Price played pretty good vs Bruins but stunk vs Flyers.He is still just a kid and because Montreal got lucky and won with a rookie in past all habs fans now think it should happen all the time.Sorry those odds are long.

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 02:38 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
Malkin is like 5 year old less than Vinny and he is already better...

A Malkin-Kovalev duo would be explosive as well, we saw it in the ASG.
malkin paired with virtually any other player is a good duo ... I love him more than crosby ... just as good in terms of vision and passing, but a better eye for goal in my opinion, + size.

begin-malkin- youpi would still be dangerous.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 02:47 PM
TheCH*

Malkin would simply cost so much that it would make the habs worse. I mean, people talking about including Markov in the deal plus a lot more... screw that.
Just take look at the pens now without Gonchar, not even a playoff team. And thats with Malkin AND Crosby.

I'd give Plekanec, Kostitsyn, Kostitsyn... thats probably not enough so they can keep him.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 02:48 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post
malkin paired with virtually any other player is a good duo ... I love him more than crosby ... just as good in terms of vision and passing, but a better eye for goal in my opinion, + size.

But as seen in the Finals last year, Crosby has heart.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 03:00 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
2002-2004.... should I continue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
U just keep clinging to the past.I don't see Price doing that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
You vaguely remember what? Price played pretty good vs Bruins but stunk vs Flyers.He is still just a kid and because Montreal got lucky and won with a rookie in past all habs fans now think it should happen all the time.Sorry those odds are long.
In the first post by Habs 4 Life, he's saying that the Bruins were first in the Conference and still lost to the number 8 seed, yes you guessed it, the Habs.

Then, in your post, you tell him to stop living in the past and that you don't see Price putting out the Bruins. Where I made the comment that he has already put the Bruins out of the playoffs last year.

Now, you like some Bruins fans, seem to live last years playoffs through the eyes of the Flyers. (Sort of the anyone but the Habs mentality I guess) Yes, Price didn't look good playing against the Flyers, but it would have helped if someone could have scored to take a little pressure off him. Of course, he did shutout your Bruins in game 7, but that was all LUCK right? As for the Habs beating the Bruins all the time in the playoffs, well, they do for the most part. A rookie did it last year and if the Habs and Bruins meet again this year, I'll take the Habs to do it again. Remember, history has a habit of repeating itself.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 03:11 PM
Lucius

Quote:
1..but don't the Greats get cocky after accomplishing something in the big leagues?..

2..True 2 of them were bad deflection, but I wasn't just talking about the TB game, he wasn't too good in NJ either.

3..I don't doubt he'll bounce back, tonight will be very interesting.
1: Making the NHL as a goalie at 20, voted starter in All-Star Game, voted All-Rookie Team, won AHL championship and all those CHL awards and WJ gold, helped lead NHL team to Eastern conference title... Just because Montreal hasn't won a Cup doesn't mean he hasn't done anything.

2: Fair enough, but I think the quote you were about was exclusively about Tampa.

3: Agreed

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 03:23 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
1: Making the NHL as a goalie at 20, voted starter in All-Star Game, voted All-Rookie Team, won AHL championship and all those CHL awards and WJ gold, helped lead NHL team to Eastern conference title... Just because Montreal hasn't won a Cup doesn't mean he hasn't done anything.
Even Carey himself has said "i haven't accomplished anything, yet". This in reference to his play in the nhl so far . And its true, there is nothing wrong with saying that..

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 03:37 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 03:43 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
In the first post by Habs 4 Life, he's saying that the Bruins were first in the Conference and still lost to the number 8 seed, yes you guessed it, the Habs.

Then, in your post, you tell him to stop living in the past and that you don't see Price putting out the Bruins. Where I made the comment that he has already put the Bruins out of the playoffs last year.

Now, you like some Bruins fans, seem to live last years playoffs through the eyes of the Flyers. (Sort of the anyone but the Habs mentality I guess) Yes, Price didn't look good playing against the Flyers, but it would have helped if someone could have scored to take a little pressure off him. Of course, he did shutout your Bruins in game 7, but that was all LUCK right? As for the Habs beating the Bruins all the time in the playoffs, well, they do for the most part. A rookie did it last year and if the Habs and Bruins meet again this year, I'll take the Habs to do it again. Remember, history has a habit of repeating itself.
Don't bother man,let them enjoy finishing 1st again and getting knocked out 1st round.I hope Pittsburgh can finish in 8th

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post

eye for goal,did you see the backhand last night?That's knowing excatly were the net is.Problem is Crosby doesn't shoot enough and always looks to pass first or else he would always finish with 40+ goals per year if he wanted to be more of a hog,not saying Malkin is but he does shoot allot more especially the 1 timer on the pp.Love watching the Pens play and I see most of their games

Crosby is better in my opinion

Old
01-29-2009, 03:48 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Don't bother man,let them enjoy finishing 1st again and getting knocked out 1st round.I hope Pittsburgh can finish in 8th
Actually, Buffalo in 8th... they've been very good against the Ruins this season. I guess its a question of matching strategies and matchups... Buffalo has it is easier against Boston than other teams.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 03:50 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Actually, Buffalo in 8th... they've been very good against the Ruins this season. I guess its a question of matching strategies and matchups... Buffalo has it is easier against Boston than other teams.
May Day!!! haha that would be sweet!!!