HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Manny Fernandez

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-29-2009, 10:32 AM
  #1
BruinsDude
Registered User
 
BruinsDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Whitman, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Manny Fernandez

Bruins need a top six forward and a solid puck moving D Man

start the proposals

stats
Season GPI Min W L OT GA SA SO GAA Sv%
2008-2009 19 1,100 14 3 1 38 527 1 2.07 .928

BruinsDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 10:33 AM
  #2
FutureConsiderations
Registered User
 
FutureConsiderations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Brookline, MA
Country: Ireland
Posts: 20,449
vCash: 500
Disregard this. Chiarelli has said he's not trading Fernandez.

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 10:39 AM
  #3
BruinsDude
Registered User
 
BruinsDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Whitman, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Just trying to see what teams may give for his services

BruinsDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 10:42 AM
  #4
7th Player
Registered User
 
7th Player's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,965
vCash: 500
2nd round pick

7th Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 10:44 AM
  #5
WreckItRask
Registered User
 
WreckItRask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 7,178
vCash: 500
Even if he was going to be traded, he doesn't get you back a top 6 forward or puck moving D-Man. Why? not because he's not worth it, but rather because the only teams trading for a rental goalie are playoff/cup contenders. How many contenders do you know are so desperate for goaltending that they trade away a top 6 forward or puck moving defenseman?

Fernandez only gets traded for picks/prospects if he were to get traded, so his value is higher by not trading him.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 10:46 AM
  #6
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsDude View Post
Just trying to see what teams may give for his services
Not enough to make it worth the Bruins while.

Let's be realisitic here, he's a 34 year old goalie with tons of injury issues that has never been able to nail down a starting job.

The offer of a 2nd above there is an optimistic offer.

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 10:48 AM
  #7
BruinsDude
Registered User
 
BruinsDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Whitman, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Well

that would dump huge salary to go out and get what we need

BruinsDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 10:50 AM
  #8
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely06 View Post
Even if he was going to be traded, he doesn't get you back a top 6 forward or puck moving D-Man. Why? not because he's not worth it, but rather because the only teams trading for a rental goalie are playoff/cup contenders. How many contenders do you know are so desperate for goaltending that they trade away a top 6 forward or puck moving defenseman?

Fernandez only gets traded for picks/prospects if he were to get traded, so his value is higher by not trading him.
I agree...He is way more valuable to the Bruins than for what he could bring in a trade....

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 10:55 AM
  #9
WreckItRask
Registered User
 
WreckItRask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 7,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsDude View Post
Well

that would dump huge salary to go out and get what we need
First of all, the Bruin's don't need to dump any salary to get what they need. Sturm's $3.3 million comes off the books because of his injury, and any rental contract that they get back will be prorated significantly.

Second, what they need to win a cup is solid goaltending. No team has even won a cup without it. I have faith in Thomas, but I'm not ready to mail it in if he struggles or gets hurt just for the sake of getting a pick or a prospect. Fernandez is a tested playoff goalie, he has top 5 numbers in the league right now, and provides the type of goaltending depth that many teams would love to have.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 10:58 AM
  #10
BruinsDude
Registered User
 
BruinsDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Whitman, Ma
Country: United States
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely06 View Post
First of all, the Bruin's don't need to dump any salary to get what they need. Sturm's $3.3 million comes off the books because of his injury, and any rental contract that they get back will be prorated significantly.

Second, what they need to win a cup is solid goaltending. No team has even won a cup without it. I have faith in Thomas, but I'm not ready to mail it in if he struggles or gets hurt just for the sake of getting a pick or a prospect. Fernandez is a tested playoff goalie, he has top 5 numbers in the league right now, and provides the type of goaltending depth that many teams would love to have.
i guess that makes sense

BruinsDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 11:18 AM
  #11
cashman rules*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Timmins ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,413
vCash: 500
His value is best right where he is,he is going nowhere.

cashman rules* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 01:17 PM
  #12
Nikita Filatov*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,301
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
I'd say he's about equal to what Huet was last year...

Unless someone really wanted to give a good prospect (which I'd doubt) I really can't see him being traded.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 01:20 PM
  #13
TheKingPin
Registered User
 
TheKingPin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,553
vCash: 500
It makes no sense for the Bruins to trade away one of their goalies. You dont need fwds or Dmen, you just need to get healthy. And you dont trade away one of your goalies that you are playing as a tandem. It might seem nice until Thomas goes down a week before playoff start and you are out in the first round. A team as deep as the Bruins cant afford to suck in the playoffs because of one key injury.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.