HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sergei Kostitsyn

Old
01-29-2009, 02:35 PM
Dripper

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
Hum wait a minute, i think i ****ed up. Who was the winger if it wasnt Sergei. I'll try not to make my computer froze by going on nhl.com
The only games Plekanec played during NHL playoffs were last year and he was mostly playing with AKost and Kovy. He's had a few games with Andrei and Sergei though.

Edit: Right he also played 3 years ago.

Last edited by Dripper: 01-29-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Dripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 02:36 PM
kostitsyn1489

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
So, has Ponikarovsky played in Buffalo?
I think he did, well in NHL 2000 or 2001 or maybe even 2003. Jeff has got bad influence on me.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 02:37 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
I think he did, well in NHL 2000 or 2001 or maybe even 2003. Jeff has got bad influence on me.
Jeffonfire

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Yeah cause guys like Sergei, Lang, Koivu etc.. NEVER take bad penalties. Only Begin ever gets relentlessly called out on it. No penalty he has ever taken has cost us the game. The Philly game? We couldn't buy a goal. The Leafs game? Yeah allowing 6 goals was all on Begin!
Sergei, Lang, and Koivu provide us with offence as well.

Nobody said Bégin was the sole reason we lost, but one can definitely argue that taking that penalty cost us the game.

With that said, I like Begin and like him in the lineup.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilstanley View Post
please rethink this

also, noone is asking for Sergei's head. we just want him to play 100% every night and cut the antics. perhaps Guillaume wasnt always playing 100% but he never pulled dumb stunts. he ate his share of "pain noir", even watching a couple of games from the stands, wheras Sergei has not yet. yet.

my 2 cents
Yes of course you want him to play 100% but he's young just like Latendresse was.

What stunts has Sergie pulled? He didn't jet the team like Grabo.

Latendresse got his fair share of stupid penalties in his rookie year as well. Also remember that period when he always used to ice the puck? Well we showed him patience, lets do the same thing with a guy who hasn't played a full season in the nhl.

Lastly, He got benched this year and has watched the game from the stands. He's also been shuffled around as well and ate his share of "pain noir"....so please think a bit before you're asking for a 21 year old's head who has barely played 90 games in the nhl.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 02:39 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripper View Post
The only games Plekanec played during NHL playoffs were last year and he was mostly playing with AKost and Kovy. He's had a few games with Andrei and Sergei though.

Don't you remember against the Canes in 2006??? Higgins-Plekanec-Perezhogin was our best line when koivu went down.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 02:39 PM
Dripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Yeah cause guys like Sergei, Lang, Koivu etc.. NEVER take bad penalties. Only Begin ever gets relentlessly called out on it. No penalty he has ever taken has cost us the game. The Philly game? We couldn't buy a goal. The Leafs game? Yeah allowing 6 goals was all on Begin!
Can't blame Koivu this year, that's for sure.

Lang did take a lot of stupid penalties in the first few months of the season but lately he's been much more disciplined.

Old
01-29-2009, 02:40 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
I don't know what you're talking about. Lats got plenty of bashing and benching and playing on 4th lines.
To say Lats had it easier during his 'slump' is just wrong, IMO.
Yes he did get bashed, I didn't deny that, but he still had a large majority of people who asked to be patient with him, where as right now on this board, it seems to be almost a unanimous agreement among the fans to have sergie's head, where are those same people who asked lats for patience.

Please note it's not a lats bash, it's a comparison of mentality of fans, so please people don't start bashing lats after this, I already have seen a couple.

Old
01-29-2009, 02:40 PM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripper View Post
Ok my memory might suck very bad, but i doubt hockeydb would lie about this one. 6 games 4 assists in 2005-2006 playoffs.

Old
01-29-2009, 02:42 PM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
I didn't say lats wasn;t benched or wasn't shuffled, don't put words in my mouth, I said why are people, fans and media, not coaches, willing to be patient with Lats, but want Sergei's head. Again I want to hear the justification for this which you obviously didn;'t answer.
Why worry about what the 'people' and media have to say? They don't run the club. Thankfully.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Ok my memory might suck very bad, but i doubt hockeydb would lie about this one. 6 games 4 assists in 2005-2006 playoffs.
Higgins-Plekanec-Perezhogin....

Old
01-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Dripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post

Don't you remember against the Canes in 2006??? Higgins-Plekanec-Perezhogin was our best line when koivu went down.
I didn't watch the last 3 games because I was on vacation, so I can't argue with that anymore

Old
01-29-2009, 02:44 PM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:

Hum, wasnt it Zednik-Plekanec-Perezhogin and they gave a promoton to Bégin on the first line to replace Koivu? I think they decided to put Higgins with them for game 6 only.

Old
Dripper

Quote:
Yeah, I edited my post. It was my bad.

Old
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
Cuz Latendresse's a french canadian and Sergei is not.
"I think he is not Belarussian now, he is French because I never fight with Belarussian guys." - Grabovski

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 02:45 PM
evilstanley

Quote:
Yes of course you want him to play 100% but he's young just like Latendresse was.

What stunts has Sergie pulled? He didn't jet the team like Grabo.

Latendresse got his fair share of stupid penalties in his rookie year as well. Also remember that period when he always used to ice the puck? Well we showed him patience, lets do the same thing with a guy who hasn't played a full season in the nhl.

Lastly, He got benched this year and has watched the game from the stands. He's also been shuffled around as well and ate his share of "pain noir"....so please think a bit before you're asking for a 21 year old's head who has barely played 90 games in the nhl.
dont get me wrong i like the kid. hes gutsy and fiesty, AND skilled.
im not asking for his head. and yes i know hes 21. if i can admit that much why dont you admit hes taken up on BAD HABITS.

also... will that Kostbros fan club stop being so ******** when the slightest criticism is uttered???? jeeeesus.

id like to add, also, that it is wrong to say ALL french media are the same, and ALL french media are biased and ALL of them would take a French kid over a soft euro. The door swings both ways.

there are some terrific "french media people" out there, that aren't the bigoted, narrow-minded, chauvinist ****** you would want them to be.

Ronald King. how bad is he for a "french media person"???

evilstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
What I don't get is this....

....Latendresse for two years played just as lazy as Sergie did, played worse defensivly, worse offensivly and got a free ride from media and fans with the "he's learning, he's only 19, 20, 21" excuse.

But why does Sergei...who is 21, has barely played 90 nhl games continue to be called out by fans and media whom are asking for his head.

I don't understand this double-standard.

I'm not defending Sergie's play because it hasn't been spectacular, but he still is a kid who is learning to play the game. Why can we show the patience for one prospect, but not the other?

Please I really want to hear the explanation for this?
Latendresse has a lot more grit, at least if he isn't scoring he lay a few big hits and make his presence felt. Sergei half the time you don't even see him when he is on the ice. He needs to start looking at his brother as an exmaple, Andrei is also a punishing hitter and not afraid of traffic.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 02:46 PM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Higgins-Plekanec-Perezhogin....
They didnt play together for at least 3 games. I highly doubt after 16 goals in 26 games from Higgins they decided to split them up and put Zednik with Koivu for the playoffs.

Old
01-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Maybe Steve should also tell Carbo to wake the **** up!!!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 02:50 PM
Andy

Quote:
dont get me wrong i like the kid. hes gutsy and fiesty, AND skilled.
im not asking for his head. and yes i know hes 21. if i can admit that much why dont you admit hes taken up on BAD HABITS.

also... will that Kostbros fan club stop being so ******** when the slightest criticism is uttered???? jeeeesus.

id like to add, also, that it is wrong to say ALL french media are the same, and ALL french media are biased and ALL of them would take a French kid over a soft euro. The door swings both ways.

there are some terrific "french media people" out there, that aren't the bigoted, narrow-minded, chauvinist ****** you would want them to be.

Ronald King. how bad is he for a "french media person"???
Yes of course he has bad habits I'm not denying it, infact I never did, but I'm not going to flip out and starting saying things like TRADE HIM!! or HE SUCKS!! I aware of his bad habits, but I let it slide because of his age. If this continues next year then we have a problem, but for now just let it play out.

Second what Kostitsyn bros fan club?? Andrei played one bad game and people want him out, but were in love with him during the 10 goals in 11 games, give me a break...I can even quote people to show how hypocritical they sound.

And again, I never said french media, that other posters interpretting my post the way they want.

Last edited by Andy: 01-29-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old
01-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Latendresse has a lot more grit, at least if he isn't scoring he lay a few big hits and make his presence felt. Sergei half the time you don't even see him when he is on the ice. He needs to start looking at his brother as an exmaple, Andrei is also a punishing hitter and not afraid of traffic.
Again this was not the case 2 years ago. Yes he was hitting, but wasn't spereated the puck like he is now, so again not an excuse.

Sergie is useful if not scoring because he's a good defensive player, people forget that about his game. He plays the p.k and does a good job, and he's always backchecking....I think these are aspects of his game a lot people fail to realize and I also think this is the reason why he hasn't been benched a while ago, whwich he should have been.

Old
01-29-2009, 02:55 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
They didnt play together for at least 3 games. I highly doubt after 16 goals in 26 games from Higgins they decided to split them up and put Zednik with Koivu for the playoffs.
I don,t remember exactly... but I remember that in the last two games of the series, after koivu was injured, this was the best line... Higgy-Pleks-Perez.. or Am I confusing Zednik and Higgins.... naw well...

Old
01-29-2009, 03:08 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
friggin right.

nice to have Big Steve push Bon Jovi around a little. maybe it will light a fire in the the kid's belly.

gonna be a good game tonight. expect the intensity to be there.

cheers

I edited your title, posts have to be in English or translated since the people that pay for this site require this.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 03:11 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
Cuz Latendresse's a french canadian and Sergei is not. And because Habs fans/medias are looking for a savior. Last year it was Sergei and Price. Now it's D'Agostini and Pacioretty, who are both gonna win the Conn Smythe if we believe what's being said on this board.
as if latendresse didn't get bashed in the media...

carbo kept on playing him, just like he's doing with sergei , I fail to see the problem here...

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
They better show intensity tonight !

Jeffrey is online now   Reply With Quote