HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

Looking for some player info

Closed Thread

Old
08-04-2004, 05:26 PM
Kritty

vCash: 500
Looking for some player info

I've noticed that a few college FAs haven't signed with anyone yet. A few that many around here thought would have by now. I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me what type of player they are and what sort of pro future they have:

Tim Pettit
Ryan Vesce
Evan Schwabe
Derek Edwardson
Ryan Shannon
Michel Leveille
Steve Saviano
Frank Doyle
Sean Fields
Mac Faulkner
Jon Smyth
Mike Ouellette
Rich Peverley
TJ Trevelyan
Lukas Dora
Luke Fulghum
Beau Geisler
Chris Harrington
Colby Genoway
Isaac Reichmuth
Adam Coole

Old
08-04-2004, 08:41 PM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 2900
Chris Harrington: After Paul Martin probally has been out most steady D man of the last few years. And i am full aware we have Ballard. Harrington does all the little things. Jumps in the play when he has to, is responsible when his partner jumps up. Will use his body in his own end. Not affraid of contact. Plays on both PP and PK. All around d man. Smart player too always in the right spot.

Adam Coole: He is a bit older than most. Sat out a year to transfer from UMD. Didn't play well at UMD and has now found a home in StC. Only had a .900 sv %. Nothing all that special but he still has one more year. Meyer their last good goalie was a bout .920, other goalies of the WCHA Hauser .913 senior year, Dubby and Berhoel around .915. So if Coole is going to follow these guys he needs to improve a bit.

Evan Schwabe: I 'll i can think of right now is. The man can pass, and this year we will see if he can really drop em in or if he was helped by playing with Lessard. Regardless he was a good player, just hard to say who helped who out. Lessard has a rocket but Schwabe can pass on the PP or on a break away cross ice for an easy tap in.

Last edited by MN_Gopher: 08-05-2004 at 05:29 PM.
Old
08-04-2004, 11:33 PM
johnny cool

Send a message via AIM to johnny cool
I have actually heard unconfirmed reports that Steve Saviano signed with the AHL's Lowell Lock Monsters. I don't know how true this is, as it isn't on either the team or league's sites.

And on the subject of Maine forward Michel Levielle.. he was only a freshman last year and from what I understand is not a flight risk.

Old
08-05-2004, 01:44 AM
Patman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanlambert
And on the subject of Maine forward Michel Levielle.. he was only a freshman last year and from what I understand is not a flight risk.
From what I've read and USCHO, Levielle was a rookie sophmore last year and will be a junior this year. I'm sure Maine fans would know the specifics of the Leveille and his class/eligibility status.

Old
08-05-2004, 02:12 AM
johnny cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patman
From what I've read and USCHO, Levielle was a rookie sophmore last year and will be a junior this year. I'm sure Maine fans would know the specifics of the Leveille and his class/eligibility status.
big shock that whitehead brought in a kid with less than 4 years of eligibility

Old
08-05-2004, 04:53 PM
NCAA Hockey Fan

Quote:
big shock that whitehead brought in a kid with less than 4 years of eligibility
Actually Standbrook calls all the shots on recruiting and pretty much has free reign. Sure 4 years would be nice,but 3 years with a kid like that would be fine. He's Maine's best offensive forward and will put up another 40+ point seaon.

Old
08-05-2004, 04:55 PM
johnny cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCAA Hockey Fan
Actually Standbrook calls all the shots on recruiting and pretty much has free reign. Sure 4 years would be nice,but 3 years with a kid like that would be fine. He's Maine's best offensive forward and will put up another 40+ point seaon.
that's true, but he needs to learn not to be afraid to shoot. i saw a few times when he went in one an odd-man rush, and his teammate was so sure that he would shoot that he completely missed the pass when it came.

what did he have? like 3 goals last year?

Old
08-05-2004, 05:24 PM
NCAA Hockey Fan

Quote:
that's true, but he needs to learn not to be afraid to shoot. i saw a few times when he went in one an odd-man rush, and his teammate was so sure that he would shoot that he completely missed the pass when it came.

what did he have? like 3 goals last year?
Yeah he's got the pass 1st mentality. He had 6 goals and 34 assists last year. He scored all his goals the second half when he actually started shooting a bit. He'll never put up alot of goals because he's always looking to make the pass. His vision and playmaking is great and he'll probably have another year with 30+ assists,but I wouldn't expect anymore than 10-12 goals.

Old
08-09-2004, 03:34 AM
dafranchz

These clips were parts of my notes from the Los Angeles Kings Prospect Camp. The camp ran last month in EL Segundo, CA.

BEAU GEISLER-He seems to be a slick defenseman that impressed me with his stick handling ability and his sharp tape to tape passes. He moves well and has some good technique. I don't know what his status currently is with the Kings, but he's definitely worth a longer look. He had moments where he reminded me of Lubo.

MAC FAULKNER-The free agent out of Clarkson Univeristy played opposite of Murphy and seemed to make up for the void in the middle (Steckel). Faulkner has good hands and passing ability at times. He worked very strong around the boards. He focused on staying down low and keeping his presence around the net. He is another battler. He moved well with his line and is a decent passer. A source close to the team stated he is tough grinder that shouldn't be considered a big scoring threat. While I agree with that, it is hard to neglect that Mac was the teams leading scorer back at Clarkson this last season (40 games-17g-26a-43pts) and led all ECAC scorers in seven postseason appearances (6g-4a-10pts). I trust the evaluation and see him as a successful 3rd or 4th line grinder who capitalizes off rebounds and junk. He's definetly worth a longer look. Faulkner will return to school in the fall for his senior season as the Knights team captian for the '04-'05 campaign.

MAC FAULKNER-Mac's wrister was hot and he also showed some good stick handling ability again. He shows that he knows where he needs to be and doesn't deviate much at all. To me, that shows that he is disciplined and willing to do the small things to get the big reward. He stayed phyiscal all day and battled to t

LUCAS DORA-There has been some anticipation for a report on how the ex-Pioneer forward was doing. I think it would be safe to say that the last notable thing Lucas got attention for was his go-ahead goal against Minnesota Duluth in the semifinal round of this years NCAA Hockey Finals Tournament in Boston.

I haven't kept a close eye on him because I wasn't overly impressed from the start. Today however, he kept on making himself the center of attention during his runs on the drills. Dora was flat out sloppy. He was falling all over the place and couldn't turn to save his life. He seemed like a very up and down staker that has problems with sharp directional change. If that wasn't enough, he was running into linemates and seemed to not only be on the wrong page, but not even reading the same book. He showed an immeasureable amount of poor decision making with his passes and shot selection. His positioning was off and a couple of times, because of his errors, his line was forced to start a drill over again.

The following day....

I personally hope that the poster who claims to be Lucas Dora's "agent" doesn't try to track me down to silence me. You know, I could be doing everyone a favor. I can't knock him for getting this far in his sports odyssey. He did better than me. I couldn't make it past the PS2. I hate to be so overly critical, but at what point do you realize or come to terms, that you are at the end of the line?

Maybe the guy is in a rut. Maybe he peaked or maxed out on his potential. Maybe this is as much as we are going to see of Lucas. Folks, he gets an "A" for effort, but he is far behind the group in skill and talent. He has sloppy skating techniques that prohibite him from being an effective forward. For instance, he damn near tripped on the blueline (I am not joking here). He has shown that he will not finish a check, more times than not. When it comes to scoring chances, he telegraphs his shot or makes poor passing decisions.

I personally wouldn't roll the dice on him. Like I said yesterday. There seems to be something that is keeping him from focusing on the sessions. Maybe he is trying too hard. In the end, I think that he would be a long and horrific project that we don't really need.

CHRIS HARRINGTON-I haven't watched Chris all that much, but today was a good start. He plays with his head up a lot in his own zone, which I partcularly like because he was able to see a lot of different rushes and was able to determine where he was going to attack. He is relaxed defending down low and he has some good size. He showed some good leadership qualities while defending the powerplay. He did a lot of talking and quarterbacking his linemates into better positions. On the other side on the puck he moves well into the offensive zone with smarts and is a very good passer that can thread a seam.

Old
08-09-2004, 09:08 AM
johnny cool

actually the last notable thing Dora did was get himself suspended by the team for the national championship game.

the kid is a dummy, plain and simple.

Old
08-09-2004, 10:23 AM
dafranchz

Quote:
actually the last notable thing Dora did was get himself suspended by the team for the national championship game.

the kid is a dummy, plain and simple.
Well I know that....I was being sarcastic about it because he got suspended pretty much right after the point.

Old
08-09-2004, 11:37 PM
ndhockey21

Send a message via AIM to ndhockey21 Send a message via MSN to ndhockey21
Genoway will stay his senior year for sure.

Closed Thread