HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pittsburgh - Toronto

Old
01-29-2009, 06:22 PM
grabo84

vCash: 500
Good speed for a big guy actually, I'd say playing in front of the net is where he's generally most effective. Like I said, he's a pretty good option for Pittsburgh.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 06:24 PM
wej20

I don't think I can wait that long.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 06:40 PM
AgentM

To Pitt
- Ponikarovsky ($2.105m)
- Antropov ($2.050m)

To Tor
- Goligoski ($.984m)
- Kevin Veilleux or Nathan Moon
- Satan ($3.500m)
- 4th in 09

Toronto gets a young offensive defenseman that can grow up with Schenn while learning from Kaberle, a young center project, and a draft pick

Pittsburgh gets two big wingers in their prime to give them a legit top 6 when healthy. And with Poni signed through next year and hopefully a good playoff run the Pens could have the inside track to resigning Antropov

Penguins lines by the playoffs:

Ponikarovsky - Crosby - Antropov
Cooke - Malkin - Sykora
Fedotenko - Staal - Kennedy
Dupuis - Talbot - Godard

Gonchar - Orpik
Whitney - Scuderi
Talbot - Gill/Eaton

AgentM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 06:42 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweet Shadow View Post
Hmm, I'm impressed...Pittsburgh gets a scoring winger who can produce big time if he has guys to feed off of and Toronto gets some decent prospects/picks. Well done.
Hats of to Grabo84 for coming up with a good starting point.

Old
01-29-2009, 06:45 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentM View Post
To Pitt
- Ponikarovsky ($2.105m)
- Antropov ($2.050m)

To Tor
- Goligoski ($.984m)
- Satan ($3.500m)
- 4th in 09

Toronto gets a young offensive defenseman that can grow up with Schenn while learning from Kaberle, a young center project, and a draft pick

Pittsburgh gets two big wingers in their prime to give them a legit top 6 when healthy. And with Poni signed through next year and hopefully a good playoff run the Pens could have the inside track to resigning Antropov

Cooke - Malkin - Sykora
Dupuis - Talbot - Godard

Gonchar - Orpik
Whitney - Scuderi
Talbot - Gill/Eaton
I like maybe throw in Grant as well and add our Second or Tampa Bay's Third if we resign Antropov.Eaton as well if they want a Solid Bottom pairing guy who is an excellent shot blocker.

Old
01-29-2009, 06:52 PM
AgentM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
I like maybe throw in Grant as well and add our Second or Tampa Bay's Third if we resign Antropov.Eaton as well if they want a Solid Bottom pairing guy who is an excellent shot blocker.
Good call. Toronto could probably get more for each guy if they traded them individually so that would make it more enticing for them.

Old
01-29-2009, 06:55 PM
wej20

I m still a fan of trading for Poni and then trying to lure Antropov here in Free agency.

Old
01-29-2009, 06:57 PM
grabo84

Quote:
I m still a fan of trading for Poni and then trying to lure Antropov here in Free agency.
They're good friends. If you have one it'd be easier to get the other. Plus Pittsburgh isn't exactly a hard sell for a winger.

Old
01-29-2009, 07:02 PM
AgentM

Quote:
Actually I agree with you and liked the trade offer of just Poni, but I just wanted to throw out an offer for both of them

Old
01-29-2009, 07:05 PM
wej20

The advantage of getting them both is we might be able to sign Antropov for slightly less as we wont have to compete with other teams like on July 1st.

Old
01-29-2009, 07:10 PM
grabo84

Funny video here showcasing their friendship. There must have been no news that day.

Old
01-29-2009, 07:19 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

I'd rather trade Ryan Whitney for a good winger signed for a few years at a decent cap hit rather than ravage the prospect pool again for another rental - and Poni sure as hell ain't Marian Hossa.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 07:20 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
Funny video here showcasing their friendship. There must have been no news that day.

lolz,they both have very good English.

Old
01-29-2009, 07:27 PM
Crosberry87

Let me get this straight...we give up 2 of our best 3 prospects in CPZ and Grant and all we get is Poni? No.

Crosberry87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 07:41 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrakaLangKovy View Post
Let me get this straight...we give up 2 of our best 3 prospects in CPZ and Grant and all we get is Poni? No.
we have Sneep in the college ranks and if we are keeping Letang, Gogo and Whitney then at least one of Sneep and Grant are going to become a luxury. As for CPZ it would be nice to hold on to him but Poni is Top 6 now where as CPZ isn't likely to be Top 6 until the 2010-11 season and that's being optimistic.

Old
01-29-2009, 08:10 PM
Avoid Lloyd

Quote:
we have Sneep in the college ranks and if we are keeping Letang, Gogo and Whitney then at least one of Sneep and Grant are going to become a luxury. As for CPZ it would be nice to hold on to him but Poni is Top 6 now where as CPZ isn't likely to be Top 6 until the 2010-11 season and that's being optimistic.
Grant may be a better prospect than Sneep or Strait! Trade Goligoski.

Avoid Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Baldo Ronaldo

[QUOTE=AgentM;17605211]To Pitt
- Ponikarovsky ($2.105m)
- Antropov ($2.050m)

To Tor
- Goligoski ($.984m)
- Satan ($3.500m)
- 4th in 09

This pretty much ruins it for me. No way on Earth I would do this.

Baldo Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 08:26 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avoid Lloyd View Post
Grant may be a better prospect than Sneep or Strait! Trade Goligoski.
he may be but I think Sneep is considered a safer bet and is an excellent character guy to boot,Strait is more of a Scuderi/Eaton type so I think Shero will keep him.

Old
01-29-2009, 10:33 PM
Crosberry87

Still, CPZ and Grant could bring back more than Poni. Poni isnt even good. CPZ's value to us also should be high because him and Caputi are the only 2 in the system with top 6 potential. Not to metion he is tearing up the WHL (even if it is the WHL). He's a big body who could be a pretty good asset. I'm not against moving him..bu surely not for Ponikarcrappy. Grant is also a nice prospect. Looks to be a good puck moving Dman....better than Strait or Sneep. I'd rather trade Whitney and his 4 million. He has more trade value too. Our future D could be Gonchar, Orpik, Scuderi, Letang, Gogo, Grant...add another stay at home guy to that and its pretty good.

Ray...re-sign Scuderi or i will kill you.

Old
01-29-2009, 10:57 PM
wej20

Quote:
Still, CPZ and Grant could bring back more than Poni. Poni isnt even good. CPZ's value to us also should be high because him and Caputi are the only 2 in the system with top 6 potential. Not to metion he is tearing up the WHL (even if it is the WHL). He's a big body who could be a pretty good asset. I'm not against moving him..bu surely not for Ponikarcrappy. Grant is also a nice prospect. Looks to be a good puck moving Dman....better than Strait or Sneep. I'd rather trade Whitney and his 4 million. He has more trade value too. Our future D could be Gonchar, Orpik, Scuderi, Letang, Gogo, Grant...add another stay at home guy to that and its pretty good.

Ray...re-sign Scuderi or i will kill you.
Poni would immediately be our Second best winger and can play infront of the net on the PP where we have yet to replace Ryan Malone.

Old
01-29-2009, 11:51 PM
Pelican Peach Pen
BTR-ATL Pen

Keep on trading Whitney for this mythical winger that is out there.

I'm going to say it again ... you do not trade a 25 year old defender with Stanley Cup Experience AND a GREAT contract.

Ask Ottawa how that worked out for them ....

Pelican Peach Pen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 12:40 AM
Crosberry87

So you would dump off CPZ AND Grant for **** value just because the guy coming in would be our 2nd best winger? Thats terrible logic. Poni is a flat out waste. I wouldnt give any more than my own pubic hair.

I guess we also shouldn't trade Talbot (mr -14) either because he has Stanley Cup experience too. I dont care if Whiteny played in the Milky Way Galaxy Hockey Federation Cup Final of the Universe....he sucks. Period. He is softer than butter and has no idea how to play D. That 4 million could be used much much more wisely. However he still has enough value around the league to teams looking for offensive D help. That Ottawa team didnt also have Gonchar, 2 good youngsters in Letang and Gogo, and a good offenseive D prospect in Grant and Sneep to pick up the slack.

We cant get an impact player and only give up prospects. (Poni isnt even close to impact anyways) We are near the cap and need to make long term room for anyone good coming in. Trading Letang, Gogo, or propects doesnt really do that. A larger contract needs moved, and no one in their right mind will take Eaton from us. And none of us would have the balls to move Sid, Geno, Fleury, Gonchar, Orpik...and they shouldnt be moved anyway. The only 2 players on the team that have or will have significant cap hits and trade value are JORDAN STAAL AND RYAN WHITNEY. Thats it. Those 2 are our best chips.

It would also be nice to get our two 8.7 million dollar stars some decent players to play with. I'd sure like to keep them happy. Just a thought....

Old
01-30-2009, 01:13 AM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentM View Post
To Pitt
- Ponikarovsky ($2.105m)
- Antropov ($2.050m)

To Tor
- Goligoski ($.984m)
- Satan ($3.500m)
- 4th in 09

Cooke - Malkin - Sykora
Dupuis - Talbot - Godard

Gonchar - Orpik
Whitney - Scuderi
Talbot - Gill/Eaton

I think we are on the same page as far as going after both But i do not think we need to use Goligoski to get one or the other. It can be done with other prospects and picks. If we keep Whitney,Letang and GoGo, it pretty much makes all the other O-defence men a luxury to have. Even if the Pens do not trade for the now(Miss the playoffs), they could trade off a couple for some good prospect forwards to load up for the next couple years.

I did something kinda close but got ripped for it. something like.

Grant, + 2nd 09 for (Poni) Pesonen, + 3rd 10 for (ANTRO) + Satan for cap reasons

I would like to do it this way to not lose our top prospects or core players which i kinda would like Goligoski to be a part of. Now if we needed to tweek a little from our side to make it work, I am up for it as long as it is not more than a mid level pick or prospect. Say one of the two you had in yours (Kevin Veilleux or Nathan Moon) or 4th or 5th. Spreading out the picks to two different years for both Poni & Antro allows us to use lower picks with out giving up 1st's. If we are giving Quality prospects with those picks. As for Pesonen, I do not think this kid is going to ever get a real chance on the Pens and i think it has to do with more than MT. He has never touched the Crosby line and I think Crosby does not want anything to do with him. Why ? That is how I am seeing it. Send him where he will actually get a real chance. Why hold onto him? He has proven himself at the AHL level to warrant a better shot than he was given.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 01:38 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
So you would dump off CPZ AND Grant for **** value just because the guy coming in would be our 2nd best winger? Thats terrible logic. Poni is a flat out waste. I wouldnt give any more than my own pubic hair.

I guess we also shouldn't trade Talbot (mr -14) either because he has Stanley Cup experience too. I dont care if Whiteny played in the Milky Way Galaxy Hockey Federation Cup Final of the Universe....he sucks. Period. He is softer than butter and has no idea how to play D. That 4 million could be used much much more wisely. However he still has enough value around the league to teams looking for offensive D help. That Ottawa team didnt also have Gonchar, 2 good youngsters in Letang and Gogo, and a good offenseive D prospect in Grant and Sneep to pick up the slack.

We cant get an impact player and only give up prospects. (Poni isnt even close to impact anyways) We are near the cap and need to make long term room for anyone good coming in. Trading Letang, Gogo, or propects doesnt really do that. A larger contract needs moved, and no one in their right mind will take Eaton from us. And none of us would have the balls to move Sid, Geno, Fleury, Gonchar, Orpik...and they shouldnt be moved anyway. The only 2 players on the team that have or will have significant cap hits and trade value are JORDAN STAAL AND RYAN WHITNEY. Thats it. Those 2 are our best chips.

It would also be nice to get our two 8.7 million dollar stars some decent players to play with. I'd sure like to keep them happy. Just a thought....
I like you lack of common sense. You say Poni sucks and nothing should be traded for him. Then you go on to say how soft Whitney is and how much he sucks and follow that up with him bringing you an impact winger. If G.M's feel the same way you do I don't see them giving up that impact winger you so desperately want for a defenceman signed for 4 more years at an average of 4 mil per that sucks. Think about what your saying. Poni isn't a huge impact player. He's a solid two way player that isn't afraid of the corners. Poni has a cap hit of 2.1 for next year. It's a nice contract for what he brings and could easily fit into the cap with the UFA's you have coming off the books next year. If you don't resign Gill magically you have the money for him.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 06:46 AM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by odds View Post

Grant, + 2nd 09 for (Poni) Pesonen, + 3rd 10 for (ANTRO) + Satan for cap reasons
Grant + 2nd for Poni is normal enough value, but Antropov is worth much more than Pesonen + 3rd. I think thats why people ripped you the first time.