HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NYR-NYI trade

Old
01-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Okposofan21

vCash: 500
what ever happened to montoya? i thought he was supposed to be great? obviously lundqvist already made a name for himself so montoya was shipped to phoenix but can he be considered a bust?

Okposofan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 09:28 PM
pattyb91

Send a message via AIM to pattyb91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okposofan21 View Post
what ever happened to montoya? i thought he was supposed to be great? obviously lundqvist already made a name for himself so montoya was shipped to phoenix but can he be considered a bust?
I heard he was having BIG time struggles down in the AHL. Guess it was a good move for the rags to dump him when he had atleast alittle trade value.

pattyb91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 10:01 PM
bones21212

i have a question for the trademaster.

what exactly has hunter done that makes you think hes worth potter, vorros, prucha and a second?

bones21212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 04:45 AM
trademasterb*

Hunter is a hard hitting winger with size who scores 20 goals a year with some talent around him. Rangers badly need a wing like that. That being said, it's funny that Islanders fans think my offer wasn't enough when it was overpayment. There is probably a good chance their incompetent GM will give Hunter away for a lot less than my offer. Seems to happen all the time over there.

trademasterb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 05:04 AM
PatMacSB

not really a fan of either team so forgive my proposal if its way off base but what about:

Prucha and Dawes for Hunter?

PatMacSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 08:12 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademasterb View Post
There is no rivarly. In order to have one, the other team has to be competitive. The Islanders aren't. The rivarly with the Devils was non existent when the Rangers stunk for 8 years in a row.

As far as the Islanders laughing about that proposal. Let's hope your GM isn't as clueless as you are. However, judging by your teams record and moves this year, he most likely is. Calling Hunter close to an untouchable might be the dumbest thing posted on this board. Hunter has 11 G and 14 A. I don't think he's ever scored 30 goals in his career. He would be a nice fit for the Rangers. However, he's not a huge NHL player. He's not even one of the better wings in the game. He's solid. That's it.

Islander fans crack me up. It's like you don't even watch your own team. You have guys playing on defense for you right now that aren't even good AHL players. Potter could whip half your defenseman with his eyes closed. You have forwards that aren't even good AHL forwards. So, you have a chance to get 3 players who would upgrade your current roster plus a second round pick and you think that's unfair? You must be on smoke. You are seriously mistaken if you think you will find another team that will give you 3 NHL players and a second round pick for Hunter.

It's obvious your Rangers hatred has prevented you from being objective.
I really enjoyed this post, especially the part about Potter.

Trademaster, with respect to Hunter, certainly he's not untouchable in many traditional senses. He has some glaring weaknesses. He's special to us though because although his skating makes every purist wince, his overall gumption, team play, checks, work in the corners and the odd shot/move/pass of brilliance simply appeals incredibly for a fan base that has been made to suffer in many respects for almost two decades now. I'd like to even add that although we didn't draft him, we did get him on the cheap from Anaheim (I believe he was an ANA 4th rounder) and then watched him bloom step-for-step over 3 AHL seasons before beating the odds and becoming a regular NHLer. We just don't get to see that often in Islanderville.

Throw in his 5 year contract at very reasonable money, and it just doesn't make sense for the Islanders to trade him for anything other than mega-value coming our way.

This said, it's not that the "value" of your offer is off the mark. It's simply that Hunter's value to the Islanders is simply too great to consider removing what he means to this locker room.

Just doesn't make sense for the Islanders at this time.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 08:32 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMacSB View Post
not really a fan of either team so forgive my proposal if its way off base but what about:

Prucha and Dawes for Hunter?
Whereas surely leaguewide folks would surmize your offer as fair to overly fair (possible overpay on behalf of the Rangers), I'd kindly ask you to look at my most recent post on this thread as to why it's not in the interest of this franchise to trade Hunter at this juncture.

In addition to that, the things he could do to help the Rangers are exactly the things we're gonna need him to do in upcoming years, i.e. why Snow signed him to five years.

Old
01-30-2009, 08:35 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
That being said, it's funny that Islanders fans think my offer wasn't enough when it was overpayment. There is probably a good chance their incompetent GM will give Hunter away for a lot less than my offer. Seems to happen all the time over there.
I don't quite get this. What makes you think Snow is incompetent?

And please don't say "Look at where you are in the standings". Every powerhouse in this league at the moment (San Jose, Detroit, Boston) had a period of lousiness that was accompanied by a step-by-step rebuild - something the Isles should have done long ago and Snow is consequently finally doing.

Would be curious about what your other grounds are for this statement.

Old
01-30-2009, 11:08 AM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Hunter is a hard hitting winger with size who scores 20 goals a year with some talent around him. Rangers badly need a wing like that. That being said, it's funny that Islanders fans think my offer wasn't enough when it was overpayment. There is probably a good chance their incompetent GM will give Hunter away for a lot less than my offer. Seems to happen all the time over there.
that's good stuff right there

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 11:20 AM
Sneekypete

Quote:
You may have been correct when Mike Milbury was ruining the franchise but Garth Snow has done absolutely nothing to make anyone think that way.You are the typical uneducated fan that everyone hates even your compadre Ranger fans.

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 11:53 AM
glubrat

It's easy to rip Garth Snow as you do in EVERY single one of your posts. If you really were an objective fan, you'd look to Glen Sather's cap crippling signings of Drury/Gomez, two second line players who were expected to become superstars who would lead the Rangers to offensive glory. The Rangers play a strong team defense but lack any legitimate scoring threat. Keep taking those potshots at Isles fans and Garth Snow, just remember that any objective fan will critically analyze their own team.

glubrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 12:05 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploplopfizzfizz View Post
You may have been correct when Mike Milbury was ruining the franchise but Garth Snow has done absolutely nothing to make anyone think that way.You are the typical uneducated fan that everyone hates even your compadre Ranger fans.
My view of Snow is mixed. I thought most of the moves he made his first year were terrible. The short-sighted attempt to bulk up for the playoffs cost us a ton of picks and youth, and the there was the ill-advised move of Grebs to the Oil. Now, you could point out that the none of the assets he gave up went on to do much, but that doens't mean those trade chips couldn't have been used in a more productive manner.

In his second year, I thought he did a masterful job in terms of UFA signings. The Bailey stuff was a bit questionable but the logic was sound. I also give him credit for getting Hunter and Witt signed to bargain basement extensions.

The Nolan/Gordon stuff is also a little questionable.

So, this is not Mad Mike, but he still has a lot of learning to do.

As for Sather, well, also hard to say. Yeah, he has given out some ridiculously irresponsible contracts. But, you have to wonder if those deals (like Dipietro's absurd contract) are being ordered from above. Meanwhile, Sather has done a fine job of drafting and accumulating young assets. So, overall, I'd give him a big thumbs up.

01-30-2009, 12:44 PM
Sneekypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
My view of Snow is mixed. I thought most of the moves he made his first year were terrible. The short-sighted attempt to bulk up for the playoffs cost us a ton of picks and youth, and the there was the ill-advised move of Grebs to the Oil. Now, you could point out that the none of the assets he gave up went on to do much, but that doens't mean those trade chips couldn't have been used in a more productive manner.

In his second year, I thought he did a masterful job in terms of UFA signings. The Bailey stuff was a bit questionable but the logic was sound. I also give him credit for getting Hunter and Witt signed to bargain basement extensions.

The Nolan/Gordon stuff is also a little questionable.

So, this is not Mad Mike, but he still has a lot of learning to do.

As for Sather, well, also hard to say. Yeah, he has given out some ridiculously irresponsible contracts. But, you have to wonder if those deals (like Dipietro's absurd contract) are being ordered from above. Meanwhile, Sather has done a fine job of drafting and accumulating young assets. So, overall, I'd give him a big thumbs up.
I`ll give Snow the benefit of the doubt.They thought they could make a run and went for it.It did not pan out and I would have rather as seem the Isles as sellers back then but this is also coming from a Flylander fan.If the Isles did not win those 6 games in a row leading up to the deadline they would have been sellers and would have saved the picks and prospects.They could have drafted Gillies or whoever with that pick and maybe traded Nillson for more of a return.Grebi stands for himself he is a solid player.Hindsight is 20/20.The GMG debate will rage on for years to come especially during the trying times of a rebuild.
With regaurds to Bailey,they saw something in the kid and grabbed him by trading down.Witt and Hunter were hands down 2 of the best bargain signings we have seen in a while.

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 04:45 AM
trademasterb*

Snow is an unqualified moron. He's already rushing Bailey to the pro's which is beyond stupid. There is no reason for him to be in the NHL at this point. He could have claimed Fritsche from the Rangers or at least tried to. He did nothing but he's intent on putting AHL players out there on his big squad. He essentially has a goalie with ton of injury problems and he left himself with McDonald as his backup. Stupid.
Snow is clueless.

trademasterb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 05:21 AM
bones21212

Quote:
Hunter is a hard hitting winger with size who scores 20 goals a year with some talent around him. Rangers badly need a wing like that.
which is exactly what garth sees in hunter. plus one of the friendliest contracts in the league.

Old
01-31-2009, 05:34 AM
bones21212

Quote:
There is probably a good chance their incompetent GM will give Hunter away for a lot less than my offer.
and theres also an extreme chance that garth wouldnt trade hunter even if you set his head on fire!! all the attributes you mentioned are why garth and most islanders fans love trent. he busts his ass each and every game, he knows how to play the game, he can score, and hes cheaper than a crack *****......for the next 4 years!!!!

Old
01-31-2009, 06:28 AM
bones21212

Quote:
Snow is an unqualified moron.Stupid. Snow is clueless.
hes an unqualified moron, stupid, and clueless?

who is paying roughly 31 million dollars for the likes of
gomez, 45 games 10 goals 25 assists for 35 points and a -8
drury, 50, 15, 16 for 31, -6
naslund, 50, 15, 18, for 33 points and a -10
redden, 49, 2, 15, for 17 points with a -9
rozsival, 49, 7,18, for 25 points and -10
kalinin, 50, 1, 9 for 10 points and -9

the idiot on manhattan is paying around 31 million dollars for a collective 144 points.....but garth is the unqualified moron?

Old
01-31-2009, 06:48 AM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okposofan21 View Post

Im sure hes taking shots, I'm from his home town kind of, the next one over (mount prospect) I shot on him when he was younger, he has problems but... hes your typical idea of scouts jumping to conclusions.

Ill leave it at that... albeit I was an adult shooting on a kid.

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 07:45 AM
Vitto79

I have said it before but Bill Guerin would be a awesome fit for this team

I hope the Isles would trade him to the Rangers............I would give a 2nd , Potter, Prucha no problem

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote