HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Andy McDonald

Old
01-29-2009, 11:55 AM
jmwc95

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarodude39 View Post
Where does Cola fit into all these defensive pairings? He has been one of our better defensemen since we aquired him.

Also, a top line of Kariya-McDonald-Boyes might be the worst top line in the NHL in their own end. They will probably put up a decent amount of goals, but they are pretty brutal defensively. I would think we would need someone more responsible defensively to sub in for one of those guys. Backes maybe? Oshie? I dont know, but those guys are not very good at backchecking.
I really feel that if we cannot unload McKee this offseason we will buy him out to make room for the young defensemen. Cola will fit in McKee's spot next season. He's a UFA after next season, so I can't see him being re-signed unless someone else (Brewer) gets moved.

Kariya and McDonald should NEVER be on the same line together. Even a line of Kariya/McDonald/Bertuzzi would be the smallest line in the league. McDonald and Kariya can't weigh 350 lbs between them and neither is taller than 5'9". If you want a line that will just get pushed off the puck all night, put those guys together.

jmwc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 01:14 PM
OpethianSabre20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshie97 View Post
Well we don't really need any grinders or roll players. We have plenty of those. Our prospect pool is pretty deep but I doubt we would pass on lets say a 1st and a mid-level prospect.My biggest concern for the teams future is our depth at goal. Maybe a good goalie prospect or rookie could be involved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustInJarmo View Post
I second that.

A legit forward prospect, a 1st rounder or a quality goaltender.
Does Zagrapan, MacArthur, LA 3rd round pick for MacDonald sound fair to you?

OpethianSabre20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 01:29 PM
Randall Graves*

The ducks SHOULD want him, trading the guy was a big mistake. I'd offer up Morrison(we won't need him) and a first depending on his health.

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 02:38 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustInJarmo View Post
I second that.

A legit forward prospect, a 1st rounder or a quality goaltender.
Make it a third...

P_B

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 02:40 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethianSabre20 View Post
Does Zagrapan, MacArthur, LA 3rd round pick for MacDonald sound fair to you?
If I was Larry Pleau, I wouldn't hang up on you immediately if you called me with that proposal... but we'd have to hammer out some rough edges on it.

P_B

Old
01-29-2009, 07:15 PM
S.S. Giggy
RIP 1974-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaheimDucks90 View Post
Andy McDonald will come back to his favorit and first NHL-Team, the Anaheim Ducks. He still loves Anaheim and the fans. An another reason: Brian Burke is in Toronto.
I think there's a pretty good chance AndyMac might come back to the Ducks at least for 1 year.

S.S. Giggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 07:28 PM
Paul4587

Ducks offer Morrison, Birner and a 7th .

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 07:28 PM
SouvenirCity

Being a Ranger fan this is totally speculation from the outside, but it seems like glaring need for STL is goalie, and CBJ needs a capable centerman. Why not (once he's healthy) a possible A-Mac for Leclaire + Pick/Spec? If your think your gonna lose him, why not take a shot on LeClaire

SouvenirCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Flames Fanatic
Unclenched

vCash: 1127
Flames want him as a rental, so he can be the playmaking center between Cammy and Iggy. Not sure what the Blues would want, but we are stocking up for a playoff run, so no asking for much needed roster players (i.e. Cammy since I saw someone having him penciled in on a fantasy roster)

Calgary would give something like Lombardi, Goalie Prospect (Keetley or MacE preferably), and I would say a draft pick, but we don't have a high one other than our 1st.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 08:19 PM
Checker*

I'm still kind of liking the Beach offer best.

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouvenirCity View Post
Being a Ranger fan this is totally speculation from the outside, but it seems like glaring need for STL is goalie, and CBJ needs a capable centerman. Why not (once he's healthy) a possible A-Mac for Leclaire + Pick/Spec? If your think your gonna lose him, why not take a shot on LeClaire
I'd make that deal, but I'm not so sure that Columbus would...

P_B

Old
01-29-2009, 10:03 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
The ducks SHOULD want him, trading the guy was a big mistake. I'd offer up Morrison(we won't need him) and a first depending on his health.
Yeah I was going to say Morrison and a 2nd. 1st is a bit much.

McDonald19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 10:30 PM
JorgeRocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
Flames want him as a rental, so he can be the playmaking center between Cammy and Iggy. Not sure what the Blues would want, but we are stocking up for a playoff run, so no asking for much needed roster players (i.e. Cammy since I saw someone having him penciled in on a fantasy roster)

Calgary would give something like Lombardi, Goalie Prospect (Keetley or MacE preferably), and I would say a draft pick, but we don't have a high one other than our 1st.
We have montreal's second rounder this year do we not? I do not think we have a third though. Like it from calgary's end of the deal though

JorgeRocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 10:40 PM
Flames Fanatic
Unclenched

vCash: 1127
Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeRocks! View Post
We have montreal's second rounder this year do we not? I do not think we have a third though. Like it from calgary's end of the deal though
Traded Montreal's second rounder. I'm not sure if it was for Bourque or for something else, I'm not sure. I just know that we don't have it.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 10:47 PM
JorgeRocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
Traded Montreal's second rounder. I'm not sure if it was for Bourque or for something else, I'm not sure. I just know that we don't have it.
Well what happened to our second rounder then? Colorado has their picks from their Tanguay deal, and we only give up 3rd rounders at the trade deadline for defensive depth (Vandermeer, Hale) I am pretty sure we got one.

Lombardi and Mitch Wahl, plus either Keetley or McE seems good to me though

JorgeRocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 11:55 PM
bananaz

lombardi+irving for mcdonald

bananaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 05:47 AM
PatMacSB

just please don't trade him to anyone SJ has to play. Thanks.

PatMacSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 07:43 AM
jmwc95

Quote:
That proposal may be intriguing if McDonald doesn't appear that he will re-sign. However, we would have to send back Legace as well so they still have a backup and we don't have 3 goalies.

jmwc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 08:34 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
I'd make that deal, but I'm not so sure that Columbus would...

P_B
As a Jackets fan, I admit this scenario did occur to me as I was reading through the thread. I'd be more likely to offer straight-up, as rental for IR player. Pazzy is signed and has played well - I'm not sure the Jackets sign A-Mac after the season. Add a pick from CBJ? Jackets could use a backup in net if Leclaire's moved.

EDIT:
Yeah, like jmwc said...

In the end, I don't think Howson makes that move in the division.

Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 10:31 AM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
As a Jackets fan, I admit this scenario did occur to me as I was reading through the thread. I'd be more likely to offer straight-up, as rental for IR player. Pazzy is signed and has played well - I'm not sure the Jackets sign A-Mac after the season. Add a pick from CBJ? Jackets could use a backup in net if Leclaire's moved.

EDIT:
Yeah, like jmwc said...

In the end, I don't think Howson makes that move in the division.
There's no way Stl adds anything if it's a Leclaire for McDonald trade. They would be freeing up almost $4 million off of CLB cap for the next two years, and you guys would have more than enough money to resign Nash and find him a center. Steve Mason is a stud, so there's your starter, and you add a guy like McDonald who would instantly make Nash better. You could then take a run at resigning him with Leclair's money.

Ask yourself this as a Jackets fan? Would you rather have Leclair making $4 million as a backup, or would you rather have McDonald making the same money?

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 01:27 PM
mmitchell19

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous_j View Post
lombardi+irving for mcdonald
Sold.

mmitchell19 is offline   Reply With Quote