HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

new lines in practice

Old
01-30-2009, 03:28 PM
MathMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
OMG, just got the news on CKAC that Kovalev have a good chance to be benched against LA...
CKAC is on crack. Benching Kovalev is a move almost certain to backfire and he isn't NEARLY the most deserving of a benching.

Sergei can probably preorder hot dogs, OTOH.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 03:47 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
CKAC is on crack. Benching Kovalev is a move almost certain to backfire and he isn't NEARLY the most deserving of a benching.

Sergei can probably preorder hot dogs, OTOH.
Sergei as hot dog vendor guy and Pleks as chear leading mini skirt girl. Maybe Pleks in a pink Habs tight shirt and black skirt might distract the opposing team like it did Ovechkin during all stars

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Its a long season, there is no reason to panic yet, we are still in pretty good posture..
We're not in that good a shape, and we haven't shown any signs of a strong team that rallies together this season.
Not panicking, doesn't mean we're bad, doesn't mean we didn't play good, just stating what I observed.

The thing is, we have youngsters, young veterans and veterans. It's normal for youngsters to be inconsistent, it's part of their learning experience.
But the problem comes in with our young veterans and veterans. We had a bunch of veterans over the past years (including our Star, Kovalev) that have been very inconsistent. This rubbed off on our youngsters at the time, that are now our young veterans.

I think this is the main problem with our team, too many players are inconsistent when they should be the ones leading this team.

We also have a coach that after a week off from the ASG break and 2 bad losses, will let his team relax at the beach after another bad loss. What does it translate too?..a 5-1 loss for their 4th consecutive.
He also seems to think the only solution to losses is line changes.

Line changes won't really help with the consistency of your team, which is our main problem.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 04:14 PM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek View Post
Hahaha you saved that smiley?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kosteegin View Post

Breaking up Lapierre and Latendresse? Our only line that IS working??
i think lapierre could do some higgins good, and this gives lats an opportunity to play the same type of role on a more skilled line. anyways, will see what happens.
go habs go.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 04:17 PM
kostitsyn1489

I would just change Higgins and Latendresse.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 04:19 PM
la25ecoupe

New lines =

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 04:39 PM
Magic33

Everyone can complain, but at this point I dont think the lines matter. If the guys dont start working, they wont win any games regardless of who is on their line. Not to mention the fact they we have tried every line combo known to man. Its not the lines that are the problem. Its the effort of the players playing on those lines. Thats just my opinion though. I think all this line bashing is crazy. If they dont come to play, it doesnt matter who they are paired with.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 05:35 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
6 points from out of the play-offs.
Effectively, with 2 games in hands on Carolina and 1 on Pittsburg..

I will start to get a bit worried if we lose next tuesday against Pittsburg..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 06:26 PM
madbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kosteegin View Post

Breaking up Lapierre and Latendresse? Our only line that IS working??
Thought the same thing. Those two always play well together, I don't view Lats as an energy guy really so moving him makes no sense to me. They've been the most consistent together.

Koivu with D'Ago and A-Kost worked really well for a short time, would have liked to have seen that combo revisited. Patches seemed to get it playing with Kovy, put 'em with Lang. ehh

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 06:29 PM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

terrible lines. Lang and Kovalev should not play together. old balls should not play with old balls. look for that line to be minus on the night.

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 06:59 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
terrible lines. Lang and Kovalev should not play together. old balls should not play with old balls. look for that line to be minus on the night.
Kovy cant play with Koivu, Kovalev cant play with Plekanec and I doubt Kovy can play with Lapierre either.. Whats the solution when you have guys with consistency probs? You put them togheter.. Lang and Kovy will have to earn their ice time just like the other lines..

Old
01-30-2009, 07:01 PM
Kirk Muller

Can you just put Akost back with Koivu. Please and thank you.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 07:02 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbox View Post
Thought the same thing. Those two always play well together, I don't view Lats as an energy guy really so moving him makes no sense to me. They've been the most consistent together.

Koivu with D'Ago and A-Kost worked really well for a short time, would have liked to have seen that combo revisited. Patches seemed to get it playing with Kovy, put 'em with Lang. ehh
They may play well together, but they're still not putting more points on the score board than the other forwards... so might as well splitt them up.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 07:05 PM
Kirk Muller

In regards to breaking up Lappy and Lats (granted they have played well) during a losing streak, if you are concerned about breaking up 2/3 of your third or fourth line than you have serious other issues with the team.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 07:14 PM
RushDP

Pacioretty - Koivu - D'Agostini
Higgins - Lapierre - Kostopoulos
Latendresse - Plekanec - A. Kostitsyn
S. Kostitsyn - Lang - Kovalev et Bégin

If they play these lines we are done and by Monday morning will have lost 6 straight.

IMO these lines are the way to go:

Pacioretty - Koivu - D'Agostini
Latendresse - Lapierre - Kostopoulos
S. Kostitsyn - Plekanec - A. Kostitsyn
Higgins - Lang - Kovalev

Pleks may get it together with the brothers, Koivu needs the two young bangers to charge the net, Lapierre line is working....don't fix the only thing not broken and the Lang line will contribute.

Whatever Carbo does use as his starting lineup it would be nice if he could stick with the same lineup for more than 10 minutes. Could we go at least one game with the lineup we fielded at the beginning?

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 07:19 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Kovy cant play with Koivu, Kovalev cant play with Plekanec and I doubt Kovy can play with Lapierre either.. Whats the solution when you have guys with consistency probs? You put them togheter.. Lang and Kovy will have to earn their ice time just like the other lines..
I think Kovy can play with Lappy as long as Paciorrety is out there. This line could surprise a lot of people. Lats has had success with Koivu in the past so a Lats Koivu A. Kost line would work as well I believe.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 07:42 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
I think Kovy can play with Lappy as long as Paciorrety is out there. This line could surprise a lot of people. Lats has had success with Koivu in the past so a Lats Koivu A. Kost line would work as well I believe.
I would be effraid to try this.. Laps has been playing some inspirated hockey lately and I would be effraid that Kovy drags him down.. Not that Im 100% convinced it would happen, just effraid... Kovy isnt the most easy one to play with and Lapierre is all about energy and dedication, he brings alot to the team right now..

Old
01-30-2009, 10:40 PM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

I don't know the solution, but Lang - Kovalev will only look good on the powerplay. Putting one slower experienced player with vision and hands with two speedy/skilled puck retrieving players is the much better way to go.

Lang - Kovalev worked 10 years ago 5 on 5.

Lang with 2 young players looked good (Kost. Bros)

Kovalev with Pax - Plek or AK - Plek of last season for example looked good.

I think these lines will be temporary from Carbo to send a message and will change up quickly should things not be going right tomorrow.

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 11:29 PM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
New lines =

lol

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 11:42 PM
Chomsky

****, I can't even watch the only game who AKost might have a shot to play on the RW! Canadiens Express ftw!!

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 08:22 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
****, I can't even watch the only game who AKost might have a shot to play on the RW! Canadiens Express ftw!!
Latendresse will be playing RW.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 08:36 AM
RushDP

Quote:
Its a long season, there is no reason to panic yet, we are still in pretty good posture..
This team has had two stints of 5 days rest between games and then a 5 day break for the all-star weekend. They never practice on Sundays whether they win or lose. Between Tampa and Florida they practiced early so they could go golfing. No wonder our pending UFA's want to get resigned, it's a country club atmosphere here. Anyone invoking the possibility of fatigue for this team is not exactly making a lot of sense.

There are few games to get it together and maker a run in order to identify exactly what we are missing before the trade deadline. There is no reason to panic BUT there are not a lot of reasons to be inspired as well.

Team toughness is not established on this team and IMO we are soft. I didn't think so before but lately nobody sticks up for any other player except for Kosto who gets his face beaten for it every time. I am not talking about fighting just payback when one of ours gets nailed or our goalie run over. Just watch the Bruins; you go after one of theirs and they'll take the 2 minutes and make you pay. You won't do it again.

This team needs to band together and the leaders need to be the first ones to do it. They have to have a closed door meeting, air out their stuff and dictate to the rest of the players how it is going to be from then on. When a player is floating hold him accountable. Only hard work for 60 minutes will do. No team can be perfect for 60 minutes but they can TRY to be for 60.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 08:38 AM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
THEN WHY THE HELL IS HE STILL ON OUR TEAM ?

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 08:44 AM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock60 View Post
why why why Carbo would you break up your only good line in Laps and Lats?! At least AK46 is on the right side
Because we need more than one good line?

It's worth it to throw the dice and shake things up once in awhile, IMO. They will be reunited soon, I have no doubt.

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote