HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal Needs A Defencemen

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2009, 03:00 PM
  #26
miltons rules
 
miltons rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 168
vCash: 500
Randy Jones......................please

miltons rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 03:00 PM
  #27
FrankMTL
Registered User
 
FrankMTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLHabsAK46 View Post
Would this make any sense if Bouwmeester isn't signed by the trade deadline and it doesn't look like they'll make the playoffs?

To Florida :

Roman Hamrlik
Chris Higgins
Mathieu Carle

To Montreal :
Jay Bouwmeester
Anthony Stewart

Florida gets a veteran D-man for 2 more years after this one to fill Bouwmeester's place, get a good young winger who's a RFA this offseason and a good 2-way D-man prospect, while Montreal picks up a great D-man who's a UFA and a big bottom 6 winger that can play dirty.

Not enough? Too much?
Florida is not gonna want Hamrlik...


Montreal needs to give a nice piece like a Fischer or McDonagh + Higgins to land Bouwmeester.

FrankMTL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 03:00 PM
  #28
Kikizaz
Registered User
 
Kikizaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
I don't agree. This knock on the habs being soft is overdone. When their passing and set plays are working, they look unstoppable, regardless of how the other team is hitting. They're just in a funk right now, and look awfully disjointed because of it.

That said, Kubina would be a good fit.

O'Byrne, Maxwell, + 2nd for Kubina
you sir, have a deal. If only Montreal was not right up against the cap. Montreal doesn't need a pp QB, they need a shooter. Someone with a bomb (a la Souray/Streit) who isn't afraid to unload. Another D, I would like would be M.Ohlund. He may not shoot as much as I would like be he is a solid D, who can cover up mistakes (and make some) and can lay big hits.

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 03:05 PM
  #29
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Florida is not gonna want Hamrlik...


Montreal needs to give a nice piece like a Fischer or McDonagh + Higgins to land Bouwmeester.
They can't really afford to let go their number 1 D-man without getting somebody that can fill the void. Plus, with Hammer they get a veteran to help develop the kids.

We might need to add, but I'm sure Martin would like to add a roster D-man should he trade Bouwmeester.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 03:05 PM
  #30
spennygg18
 
spennygg18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
No i rather prefer

To the Nucks
Chipchura
Higgins
Plekanec
O'Byrne
Gorges

To the Habs
Hodgson
the Sedin twins
Bieksa
Ohlund

Seems to be a much more well balance trade which i could see both G.M and fans wanting to see done.
NEVER!!!

spennygg18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 03:08 PM
  #31
Okposofan21
Registered User
 
Okposofan21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 933
vCash: 500
Brendan Witt should be available. Don't know what he can get in return.

Okposofan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 03:13 PM
  #32
grabo84
Registered User
 
grabo84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikizaz View Post
you sir, have a deal. If only Montreal was not right up against the cap. Montreal doesn't need a pp QB, they need a shooter. Someone with a bomb (a la Souray/Streit) who isn't afraid to unload. Another D, I would like would be M.Ohlund. He may not shoot as much as I would like be he is a solid D, who can cover up mistakes (and make some) and can lay big hits.
Yeah, Ohlund is a talented defenceman and would be a good fit as well, assuming he stays healthy and Vancouver drops out of contention.

So far as Kubina goes, I can't think of any obvious salary dumps that Montreal has to make cap space work, but I don't know what habs players get paid very well. Maybe one of the UFAs, Bouillon or Dandenault? No idea who's playing well, just picking higher salaries out. Any ideas for cap space?

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 03:22 PM
  #33
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday
 
cyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 3rd Planet From Sun.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,196
vCash: 797
The Leafs would be willing to part with kubina for about a first and a salary dump if its an expiring contract.

But The Habs cant really afford to take on any salay that runs into next season unless they think Komi is going to leave. Right now they can probably only resign 3 or Komi, Tanguay, Kovalev and Koivu.
Adding another big contract means you could only resign 2 of them.

That and I cant see the Habs willing to trad their first in this dart due to it being held in montreal.
And there aren't many good options for shooting Dmen with expiring contracts.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 03:25 PM
  #34
grabo84
Registered User
 
grabo84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
The Leafs would be willing to part with kubina for about a first and a salary dump if its an expiring contract.

But The Habs cant really afford to take on any salay that runs into next season unless they think Komi is going to leave. Right now they can probably only resign 3 or Komi, Tanguay, Kovalev and Koivu.
Adding another big contract means you could only resign 2 of them.

That and I cant see the Habs willing to trad their first in this dart due to it being held in montreal.
And there aren't many good options for shooting Dmen with expiring contracts.
Myself, if I were the habs, I would let Tanguay go at the very least, and possibly Kovalev as well if I added a defenceman. Komi should be the priority for them, as well as Koivu. Andrei Kostitsyn is ready for 1st line responsibility, and they have a lot of young forwards coming along, no need to keep them stuck on the 3rd line and in Hamilton.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 03:38 PM
  #35
Kikizaz
Registered User
 
Kikizaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
Yeah, Ohlund is a talented defenceman and would be a good fit as well, assuming he stays healthy and Vancouver drops out of contention.

So far as Kubina goes, I can't think of any obvious salary dumps that Montreal has to make cap space work, but I don't know what habs players get paid very well. Maybe one of the UFAs, Bouillon or Dandenault? No idea who's playing well, just picking higher salaries out. Any ideas for cap space?
If the deal would be at the deadline, Montreal would only need to drop about 1-2 milion to acquire Kubina. A 3rd or so on top of Dandenault seems like it would be fair.

2nd,3rd,Obyrne, Dandy (salary dump) for Kubina?

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 03:41 PM
  #36
Kikizaz
Registered User
 
Kikizaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
Myself, if I were the habs, I would let Tanguay go at the very least, and possibly Kovalev as well if I added a defenceman. Komi should be the priority for them, as well as Koivu. Andrei Kostitsyn is ready for 1st line responsibility, and they have a lot of young forwards coming along, no need to keep them stuck on the 3rd line and in Hamilton.
eh... we may have a lot of young forwards but that is no guarantee they deserve to be there. I agree that Komi should be the priority, but Im just assuming Koivu is going to sign regardless of other offers.

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 04:08 PM
  #37
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okposofan21 View Post
Brendan Witt should be available. Don't know what he can get in return.
As much as folks talk about the Habs needing somebody on the PP, I think somebody like Witt could do as much good. A solid and physical guy to help in our own zone sometimes looks like a need too.

Bottom line is it would be nice for a contending team to not have to rely on Brisebois or O'Byrne. Not that Brisebois or O'Byrne are particularly horrible options as NHL depth defensemen overall. But if the team wants to get better for this season, there's room to do it there. Regardless of which "type" of defenseman was involved.

And I can't imagine the Habs parting with Pacioretty or any of their really top prospects or best young players to do it. They're already looking at having 3 $5M-ish defensemen next season, and adding another one longterm or just adding a rental aren't going to be the kinds of deals they'd give up blue chips in. The guy they can get for a 2nd-3rd round pick is more likely the guy they'd go after IMHO.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 04:13 PM
  #38
grabo84
Registered User
 
grabo84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikizaz View Post
2nd,3rd,Obyrne, Dandy (salary dump) for Kubina?
If you took out the third and added Maxwell I'd be happy. Regardless of the prospects involved though, I think a deal could be reached. Montreal has lots of young talent that they'd be open to moving, and they could really use what Kubina brings to the table.

So far as Witt goes, I could see NYI keeping him unless they get a really good offer, I think he's signed for a couple more years.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.