HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs - Caps/Coyotes

Old
01-29-2009, 04:30 PM
My Sweet Shadow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Coyotes can't afford to add any salary. They won't be giving up valuable future assets for rental players, either.
Ya, at this point the game-plan of the franchise is go with what you got. They can't afford to pay any more contracts and their whole team is basically composed of future assets.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 04:36 PM
valcyte

caps definately shouldnt go alzner for antropov.. green for antropov is much better

valcyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 04:52 PM
C-A-P-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweet Shadow View Post
While your criticism for the proposal is most certainly warranted, your criticism is not. Even on a team in which he is considered to be the #1 guy he's still putting up rather impressive numbers with no supporting cast. Put him with some true top 6 forwards and his game will step it up even more.
And by step it up even more you mean breaking the 50 points or 20 goals barrier for only the 2nd time in his 9 year career.

I'm sorry, but the criticism of this guy is warranted relative to what people from TO seek to get in return. The original proposal had Alzner and Osala going to TO for him then it was reduced to Osala who is true power forward goal scoring RW, only 22 and is on pace for 40 goals in his first year in the AHL.

Face it this guy is not a stud. He a 9 year vet, who is defensively responsible and get net you around 35-40 points a year conssitently. He has no upside.

Hence, when I think of his trade value I think a late 2nd rounder is appropriate.

Maybe a better way of responding is to ask you this? Would you trade a Luke Schenn or Justin Pogge for him? I don't think so.

C-A-P-S is offline   Reply With Quote