HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston -Ottowa

Old
01-30-2009, 06:00 PM
yohan1212

vCash: 500
Boston -Ottowa

I would like the B's to make a small trade to shore up on grit/toughness in their forward unit b4 playoffs. they have thornton and lucic and thats about it in terms of guys hard to play against up front. They like rolling 4 lines so a player would need some talent to play. so My proposal:

Lashoff (decent prospect but doesnt seem to be fitting in here)

for

Chris Neil.

I would love a 4th line of Neil - Sobatka - thornton. That would be a crash line that could be very hard to play against come playoffs.

Last edited by yohan1212: 01-30-2009 at 06:06 PM.
yohan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 06:11 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by yohan1212 View Post
I would like the B's to make a small trade to shore up on grit/toughness in their forward unit b4 playoffs. they have thornton and lucic and thats about it in terms of guys hard to play against up front. They like rolling 4 lines so a player would need some talent to play. so My proposal:

Lashoff (decent prospect but doesnt seem to be fitting in here)

for

Chris Neil.

I would love a 4th line of Neil - Sobatka - thornton. That would be a crash line that could be very hard to play against come playoffs.
I think the Sens take that only if they can't work something out with Neil but that is more than fair.

Dick Whitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 06:11 PM
Lionheart

How has Lashoff looked recently? I remember being quite impressed with him in Kitchener, but haven't seen a whole lot lately.

It doesn't seem like a bad deal, only the divisional aspect may hamper it.

Lionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 06:15 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Lashoff for a 4th liner? No way...

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 06:16 PM
yohan1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
How has Lashoff looked recently? I remember being quite impressed with him in Kitchener, but haven't seen a whole lot lately.

It doesn't seem like a bad deal, only the divisional aspect may hamper it.
i believe he is back in providence. there is just no room for him here at this point. Hunwick came up and played great pretty much taking his spot.

Old
01-30-2009, 06:17 PM
yohan1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
Lashoff for a 4th liner? No way...
I dont even see lashoff making the big show if he stays in boston. he was supposed to make the team for the last 3 years and didnt.

Old
01-30-2009, 06:18 PM
sgupca

works for both teams,

Lashoff doesn't fit (on Boston) only because they are too deep, but the Sens jump all over this offer IMO.

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 06:23 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
works for both teams,

Lashoff doesn't fit (on Boston) only because they are too deep, but the Sens jump all over this offer IMO.
Just because "Lashoff doesn't fit" does not mean he should be sold on the cheap. He still has loads of potential. Lashoff for Kuba.

Old
01-30-2009, 06:26 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Just because "Lashoff doesn't fit" does not mean he should be sold on the cheap. He still has loads of potential. Lashoff for Kuba.
Nope.

Dick Whitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 06:29 PM
yohan1212

Quote:
Neil is actually a pretty good pickup. If he does get traded it wont be for garbage. it will be for a good prospect or high pick.

Old
01-30-2009, 06:32 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Quote:
Originally Posted by yohan1212 View Post
Neil is actually a pretty good pickup. If he does get traded it wont be for garbage. it will be for a good prospect or high pick.
Why trade one of our better prospects for another bottom line player?

At this point we have Noke, Sobotka, Thornton, Bitz, St. Pierre, Yelle, and a few other battling for 4th line minutes... That really just adds to clump.

Old
01-30-2009, 08:14 PM
yohan1212

Quote:
Why trade one of our better prospects for another bottom line player?

At this point we have Noke, Sobotka, Thornton, Bitz, St. Pierre, Yelle, and a few other battling for 4th line minutes... That really just adds to clump.
I really dont think lashoff will ever make the team here. I would take neil over Noke, bitz, st. piere, yelle etc. he is a better player than thornton and a great body checker which is something we lack big time in the foward position except for Lucic and occasionally sobotka. Imagine having him and Lucic on different lines. The opposing d-men would always be kinda cautious going into the corners for sure. banging consistenly over the game would cause alot of turnovers.

Old
01-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Abyss
GO BRUINS

Send a message via AIM to Abyss Send a message via MSN to Abyss
I'm not a big fan of Lashoff, but I'd never want Neil on the Bruins - especially not for Neil.

We have Thornton, Neil doesn't add anything.

Abyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 08:56 PM
bigbadbruins1

boston has a lot of talent on the blue line, so I can see them doing this. neil would definitely help the bruins game in terms of toughness and hitting.
Then again...what is neil's salary (sorry, but I don't follow the sens like I do the B's). that could play a major role in this deal as well with krecji and kessel as RFAs.

bigbadbruins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 09:08 PM
BigCanadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins1 View Post
Then again...what is neil's salary (sorry, but I don't follow the sens like I do the B's). that could play a major role in this deal as well with krecji and kessel as RFAs.
Chris Neil: Salary: $1.2M this year, Cap Hit: $1.1M. UFA at the end of this year. His prorated balance is probably around: $500K left cap hit.

BigCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 09:12 PM
bigbadbruins1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCanadian View Post
Chris Neil: Salary: $1.2M this year, Cap Hit: $1.1M. UFA at the end of this year. His prorated balance is probably around: $500K left cap hit.
I would do that. lashoff is a great player, but we have too much on the blueline to really keep him around. he'll end up as a top AHL player instead of a top 4 NHL defenseman, just like the jurchina to washington trade.

bigbadbruins1 is offline   Reply With Quote