HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

#47 1/29/09 Coyotes @ Sharks 7:30 PM PST

Old
01-30-2009, 08:05 AM
DarKarTs

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DarKarTs Send a message via MSN to DarKarTs Send a message via Skype™ to DarKarTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
You must not pay attention on the Power Play. It has been awful when Boyle isn't playing. They got a goal this and last game but the play has been absolutely terrible.
Yeah but he also might be talking about the defensive load, either way having semenov play well makes us alot better, if someone has something to rest down the stretch we can count on him.....yes i said it, I will also say I like this guy, team player

DarKarTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 11:44 AM
SJeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious George View Post
Speaking of linesmen, watching the game on my dvr after coming back from a great night at the tank, the linesmen whistled the play dead on an offsides 3 times on a Sharks' rush when slow motion replay shows they were infact onside. One of the instances the officals huddled together perhaps reconizing that they erred.
There really isn't anything they can do to correct the error. I really wondered what was happening as well and I couldn't pick out if it was only one of Galloway or Sharrers. I don't recognize body types and styles on linesmen like I do for refs.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 12:23 PM
SJSharksfan39

vCash: 662
Quote:
You must not pay attention on the Power Play. It has been awful when Boyle isn't playing. They got a goal this and last game but the play has been absolutely terrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKarTs View Post
Yeah but he also might be talking about the defensive load, either way having semenov play well makes us alot better, if someone has something to rest down the stretch we can count on him.....yes i said it, I will also say I like this guy, team player
I was talking about the defensive load, but even on the power play, does it really matter how "good" the power play is? I mean that stat seems to be one of the more cyclical stats in the game, meaning that one week it could be the best thing ever, and then the next it could be non-existent. True, Boyle does great helping on the power play, but this week it doesn't seem to matter all that much because of the scrappiness of the play. If Semenov keeps it up, and boyle comes back, that's great. Still, Boyle's out but with the way the team is playing, other players are picking up the slack.

SJSharksfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 12:39 PM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

vCash: 1875
Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:
Well, Ehrhoff has been in on both the PP goals they've had. I noticed the first unit has been bad, the 2nd less bad. I think having Pavelski on the point isn't working, so in that sense I'm hoping Boyle gets back so we get back to Boyle, Blake, Ehrhoff, and Pickles on the points...

CrazedZooChimp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 01:04 PM
Lockout Season

Great game by Nabby again. My lab instructor last night looked and talked just like Joe Thornton. Must be good luck.

7150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Lee Van Cleef*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
Hey Ehrhoff, you live in California, get a sun tan bro! You're scaring the chicks away

Lee Van Cleef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 01:54 PM
apple22

Both Christian and Clowe interviewed shirtless....Are they trying to imitate someone?

apple22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 02:31 PM
drunksage
#88: The Savior.

vCash: 1004
Internet's back up finally, so maybe I can post more frequently in the GDT's from now on.

Noticed that you guys didn't comment on Scott Reiss's announcer non-jinx during 2nd intermission. He called the game a "1-0 shutout so far" which is kinda a no-no ain't it?

Power play looked pretty bad tonight overall, but I'll take Ehrhoff's goal any day. Boyle really does make a difference on the PP though. Also, just checked the D-man stats; he's still tied for overall lead in scoring but Markov, the other guy, has played 4 more games. Can't wait for him to return.

Sharks have been really good lately at not giving up odd-man breakaways or at backchecking to equalize, haven't they? When was the last time someone on the opposing team got a really good chance on a breakaway?

drunksage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 04:11 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://coyotes.nhl.com/team/app/?ser...ticleid=406957

Reinprecht out 4-6 weeks

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 04:23 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I must say, thanks CHOMP!!! Those seats are ****ing awesome.

Was there any reason for the line juggling? Or was it just a shake up deal?

Murray Smash Murray Smash

TheGooooch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 05:54 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
So Vlasic gets a roughing penalty. What a bully

Speaking of bullies. Milan was one last night. At one point, when he was wearing a Coyote jersey, he cross checked Gooooch in the back when they were behind the play. What a mean guy that Milan can be

TheGooooch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 05:58 PM
bob330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post
Was there any reason for the line juggling? Or was it just a shake up deal?
Randy and/or Drew mentioned that the Todd might have been experimenting for when/if someone gets hurt or that they'd need to split Patty and Joe to avoid a checking line in the playoffs.

bob330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 06:51 PM
lunarbrian

I was at the game last night and thought it was one of the worst officiated games I can ever recall seeing. Usually my complaints are against the referees but last night the linesmen were horrible as well. Seemed like Galloway threw at one or two players out of every faceoff, then Sharrers decided to emulate that as well. That's why the game took so long-at 10pm there was still 5 minutes left to play! Rooney was horrible as well. Twice there were calls made from center ice on a play by the goal line where the other ref was about 5 feet away and had a clear view. The calls didn't favor one team or the other but they certainly kept the game from having any flow. Also appeared that the ice was awful-the puck was bouncing all night and players were falling down starting in the first period. All these things seemed to get in the way of any scoring. But Nabby was great again and I'll take the win!

lunarbrian is offline   Reply With Quote